026

Her

 

 

“Are you sure?”

Byul nodded and offered her a coach a small guilty smile.

“I understand why you want to take some time off, but you’re our ace, number seven.” The coach chided her.

“I’m sorry, coach. I promise I’ll be back soon.”

“We’ll wait for you too. Stay strong, Byul. We’ll miss you.” The coach stood up and walked her to the door, Byul bowed politely before walking away from the lady.

“What was that? Did you quit?” Jungkook was waiting by the staircase.

“I told her I needed some time off.” She explained as they went down.

“Ya, about the party this weekend,” She started, Jungkook shook his head at her.

“You don’t have to come, Byul. You’re busy as it is.”

“No, I am coming. I already promised your mom I would.” She grinned before looping her arm around his, then she tensed.

Jungkook’s brows rose, they were already outside the building now.

“She..She asked me about Hyena.” She said quietly, Jungkook glanced at her.

“I’m guessing you’re taking her?” She asked as she slowly tried to remove her arm around his, but Jungkook prevented her from doing so.

“No.” He said, Byul blinked at him.

“You’re not taking her? I thought~”

“We broke up.” Jungkook said, then he let go of her arm. Byul’s eyes widened.

“Ya~”

“I’m going to head to class first. Grab me something to eat for later, okay?” Jungkook returned her bag to her.

“Jung~”

Jungkook was already jogging towards the elevators.

 

 

“Kyoto?” Jungkook leaned back against his chair, their professor wasn’t around yet.

“Some of my men traced something there, there was a mention of somebody who has been asking for some goons.”

“Goons?”

“This person wanted to kidnap a wealthy Korean businessman during his trip. I checked the dates, it matches with Eunhong samchon’s.”

Jungkook’s brows met briefly.

“Do you know who that person was?”

“Not yet. One of my men said that they might have CCTV footage of that day during his kidnapping.”

“But reports said there were none.” Jungkook grew confused.

“Somebody paid the building’s owner. I’m sure we can find something there.”

“Jungkook-ah, listen up. From the way I see things, somebody is out trying to hurt the Songs. Not just Eunhong samchon, but Byul too. She’s in danger.”

“I’ll keep her safe, hyung. Don’t worry.” Jungkook sighed.

“I’ll call you as soon as I get something. Say hi to Byul for me.”

Jungkook put his phone aside.

“Somebody wanted to hurt him. Somebody wants him gone.” Jungkook murmured to himself, he looked up just as Byul walked into the room.

She was about to walk towards her desk when Mark called her.

 

 

“Noona!”

Byul turned and faced the younger male.

“Mark Lee.” She smiled and walked back towards the doorway.

“Do you have time?”

“Right now, a little. Why?” Byul asked as she balanced the bag of food on over her book.

“Your mother called and told me that we should eat out tonight. She doesn’t want us to have take out at home again.”

“Ah,” Byul nodded.

“And she reminded me that you don’t have to go to the hospital this afternoon.”

Byul frowned.

“So, I was thinking how about we~”

“Dinner at my place.” Another voice joined them, Byul looked behind her. Jungkook grabbed the bag of food from her.

“Jung~”

“Junhee noona called me just now. She’s cooking tonight. So, come to my place.” He glanced at Mark for a brief moment.

“Well,” Byul looked at Mark again.

“Is this fresh?” Jungkook took out one donut from the bag.

“Yeah.” Byul replied, he just smiled before walking back to his seat. Mark bit the inside of his cheek.

“Then, just join us later. Junhee unnie can cook up a mean stew.” Byul nudged him, Mark pulled away.

“Never mind, noona. I’ll see you at home.” Mark said before turning away from her.

“But, what about dinner?” She called after him.

Mark didn’t reply, he just made his way towards the staircase.

 

 

“You pig.” Byul commented as she looked at now empty box of donuts, Jungkook shrugged at her as they left the lecture hall.

“What did the kid want?” Jungkook asked as they made their way to the cafeteria.

“Kid? Mark?”

Jungkook nodded.

“He wanted to eat out for dinner, and invited him to join us. But I guess he doesn’t want to.” She replied, Jungkook nodded to himself.

“I have to leave for the company before lunch.” She said, Jungkook saw the two guards making their way towards them.

“Jungkook-ah, listen up. From the way I see things, somebody is out trying to hurt the Songs. Not just Eunhong samchon, but Byul too. She’s in danger.”

“See you later.” She nudged him before walking towards the guards, but Jungkook tugged at her sleeve.

Byul looked at him questioningly.

“Text me as soon as you get to the office.” He said.

Byul made a face at him.

“Just send me a text.” Jungkook repeated.

“Don’t worry, I will.” She grinned, Jungkook just mussed her hair before letting her go.

“Keep safe, Byul. Don’t even try to drive.”

She glared at him.

“Grilled chicken?” He asked and poked her cheek.

“You always know what I want to eat, huh?” She mused.

“Of course, you’re the pickiest eater I know.”

“Was that a diss?” She blinked at him.

“Just get away from me Byul, and be safe.”

“So, contradictory, but fine.” She stuck her tongue out at him, Jungkook chuckled.

Byul glanced at her guards warily, he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, an attempt to calm her.

Byul was never used to having bodyguards. She hated it.

“Mango cheesecakes too?” Jungkook teased.

“Don’t start with me, bun bun.” She chuckled before letting her guards her to the waiting car.

 

“I mean it. Keep safe.” Jungkook nodded to himself.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I double updated today :>