037

Her

 

Byul closed her eyes briefly as she reached her car, she wrapped her arms around herself as she opened the passenger door.

“What was that? Why are you in the parking lot dressed in your swimsuit?”

She turned behind her, Yoongi shook off her jacket and handed it to her.

“Oppa,”

“Byul, Jungkook only did that~”

“Don’t. Don’t even try, oppa.” She said as she zipped up the jacket and crossed her arms again.

“I..I don’t even know how to explain this to the board, news have blown up.”

“People don’t know that it was Jungkook’s doing, Byul. And,”

“My parents know, and the board caught whiff of it. How does that…make me look?”

“Make you look? You’re the ing heir to the company, Song Byul!”

She shook her head.

“I didn’t want this, oppa. I just wanted to finish this thing, help my father, but somehow, it got messier.”

“Jungkook only wanted to protect you, Byul. There’s more to this, so hear him out.” Yoongi reached for her hand.

“He should have told me earlier.”

“You would have stopped him.”

“He should have been stopped.” She said before getting inside her car.

 

 

Jungkook exhaled as he stepped out of the building, he glanced behind him. Junhee was walking towards his direction.

“I told you, it would be bad. She misunderstood.”

Jungkook shook his head.

“It’s not easy, noona. Watching her two aunts torture her, belittle~”

“I get you, I really do. But that’s her family, Kook. You didn’t have to step in.”

“If I hadn’t, who would? Who would stand up for her?” Jungkook snapped, Junhee bit her lip.

“You should have informed. You should have told her the truth.”

Jungkook shook his head and crossed his arms.

“She doesn’t know yet, noona.”

Junhee paused.

“About what?”

“The kidnapping issue.”

“What?”

“That’s why I’m worried, once she finds out…Byul, Byul will really be hard to reach by then.”

“And you just gave her the means to.” Junhee breathed.

“I have to talk to her.” Jungkook said before rushing towards his car.

 

 

Byul stood before the board, her fingers curled around the folder before her.

“What can you say about this, director?”

She looked up, her aunts were quiet but indignant.

“I got a call from the police station, as well as the prosecutor handling the case.”

“Byul~”

“I’ve been ostracized by my aunts because of the board’s choice to have me in charge. They have been criticizing me because I only have friends from the opposite .”

“Song Byul, now’s not the time~”

“Know your place, imo. We are at work.” She looked up her eyes, cold.

“There is substantial proof that they have been taking funds from the company in order to support MJ Eco.”

The room grew still; her two aunts could only look down.

“Why don’t you also tell them about that thing, Byul? You asked your friend to buy out our company.” Her aunt Mohee looked up to meet her gaze.

Byul bit her lip.

“You asked that Jeon boy to everything for you. You asked him~”

“Jeon Jungkook. That’s his name.” Byul cut her off.

“I never asked him to do those things, I know how this make me looks. He did that for business purposes.”

“Stop lying to the board, Song Byul. We all know you two have been sharing benefits for quite some time now.” Jinah spoke.

“B—Benefits?”

“Listen, director, my niece and that boy have been friends, but recently, I noticed that thing started to change. She sleeps over at his apartment~”

The doors burst open, Byul’s lips quirked up.

“What do you think, prosecutor? That was basically verbal assault, right?” She said as four policemen walked to her aunts, the tall male looked at her and nodded.

“There are grounds for it. Thank you for cooperating with us, director Song.” The male extended his hand to her, Byul smiled and shook his hand.

“Song Holdings is terribly sorry for this disturbing news, no one would have expected that our two directors are involved in something like fraud or embezzlement.” She said politely, she glanced to her left, her aunts were being escorted out of the room.

“We’ll contact you again, director.”

Byul nodded and she faced the board again.

“I have nothing to say but I’m sorry. Everyone had~”

“It’s not that, Byul.” Directong Min stood up and walked to her.

“Song Holdings has nothing to do with MJ Eco. We are not blaming you for this, we might get bad press, yes. But it was your aunts’ fault. Not yours.”

Byul looked down.

“My friend bought out MJ Eco to protect me.” She stated.

“He’s been your friend for a long time, child. We understand.”

“Samchon, you entrusted me to~”

“And it was wrong of us to put the pressure on you, Byul. Truthfully, we were a little lost too, your father suddenly disappeared, we depended on him too much. But, seeing as how you’re so much like him, we pin all the responsibility on you. You’re still so young, you should be enjoying life, not be stuck with us, old people in a room.” He frowned before standing up to take her hand, Byul looked at the other directors in the room.

“So, let us handle this. The case with your aunts, we’ll take care of it. You’ve gone through so much.”

 

 

Jungkook slid down from the car, he rushed towards the lobby and he paused when he noticed Byul’s secretary rushing to the elevators.

“Ah~”

The doors slid open, the secretary walked to Byul and took out his phone.

“What is it?” He could make out the words on , he started to walked towards them.

“One of the men young master Jeon sent with you, he left his phone. Then it started to ring, I happened to open this message by accident.”

Jungkook stopped and tensed up, Byul was already looking at the device’s screen with intent.

“Byul,” He spoke, she looked up.

“This,” She spoke, the male before her moved away.

“This is why I have guards?” She shook her head.

“Yoongi hyung found out and I~”

“What you said about protecting me, this was it?” She met his gaze evenly.

“Byul, I’m sorry.”

“I don’t need you to save me, Jeon. I need you to stand by me as I save myself.” She stated.

Jungkook nodded and looked down.

“My aunts are devils.” She spoke.

“Byul, please don’t do anything, call the police~”

Byul shook her head.

“Not to call them? They had my father kidnapped and had him beaten!”

“Byul, if you do this~”

“I’ll forgive you,” She looked at him.

“But give me MJ Eco. Hand it over to me.” Her tone was flat and cold, Jungkook swallowed.

“Byul,”

“Do you want me to thank you too? Thanks for doing this, Jungkook. You always know what’s best for me.” She recited, Jungkook placed his hands on her shoulders.

“This isn’t the way, Byul. Don’t do~”

“What else do you want me to say? That you were really great? That you~”

Jungkook pressed his lips against hers. Byul froze, the phone slid down between her fingers.

“Shut up, Song Byul. Please.” He sighed as he leaned his forehead against hers.

“I didn’t do it so that you’d thank me.” He said lowly, Byul tried to push him back, but he didn't budge.

“You know I’d do anything for you, Byul.”

“Jungkook~”

“Let’s step out for a bit, it will clear your head.” He said as he pulled away from her, Byul just stared back at him.

“Jungkook, you don’t~”

“Then, just think about me today. Your aunts are with the police now. Just today, just…try to see me.” He said seriously, Byul paused.

“What are you saying, Jeon?”

 

 

“What I’m saying is that I like you, Song Byul. And that I want you to spend the day with me.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++