028

Her

 

“How is it?” Junhee asked as Jungkook took a spoonful of the kimchi stew, the younger male grinned at his cousin.

“It’s perfect, like always, unnie.” Byul smiled before digging in.

“What are we celebrating? The end of the cold war?” Taehyung mused.

“Cold war?” Hoseok echoed.

“Those two fought. It was so difficult for us.” Jimin pointed out, Jungkook sent the older male a look.

“Aigoo, you two fought? About what? Food?” Jin teased, Byul just shook her head and continued eating.

“Ah, hyung, Jaehyun’s back for good.” Jungkook stated.

Byul paused and looked at the older males.

“That’s good then, it has been a while.” Hoseok nodded.

Everyone started eating, the group would occasionally laugh and bicker as dinner went on. Byul set her glass down and nudged Jungkook.

“Hmm?”

“Come with me.” She said before standing up and stepping out of the tent.

“What is it?” Jungkook asked as he sat down beside Byul, the two were right across the fireplace. Byul was munching on white marshmallows.

“Why did you break up?” She asked.

“I mean, I’ve been so out of the loop lately, I forgot to check on you. It makes me feel bad.” She glanced at him before stretching her palm to him.

Jungkook just shook his head and took her hand in his.

“Are you okay? Did you two end things nicely?”

“I’m fine. I…I think we did.” He replied honestly, Byul nodded and gave his hand a small squeeze.

“I’m sorry. I know I’ve been acting up.”

“It’s fine. It’s you.” Jungkook nudged her shoe with his. Byul looked at him with a smile on her face.

“She doesn’t deserve you anyway.” She said before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“Huh?” Jungkook grew amused.

“She doesn’t deserve my bun bun.” She mused before standing up and walking back to their friends.

 

 

Byul stood outside her father’s room, she was chewing on her lower lip as she peeked at the glass panel.

Her mother was inside, speaking in low tones with the two doctors.

“Agasshi,”

She turned just as her assistant reached her.

“Someone’s here to see you. He says he’s a friend.”

They were in a private floor and visitors were limited, with the exception of a few relatives and friends.

“Who?”

“Me.”

A smile appeared on her face just as a male clad in a black leather jacket and dark jeans walked towards them.

“Min Yoongi!” She grinned.

“He’s a cousin, don’t worry.” Byul quickly informed her assistant and jogged towards the older male.

“When did you get back, oppa?” She asked as she hugged the older male.

“Last night. I decided that I needed to fly back home, Jungkook got me really worried.”

“Huh?”

“Byul, he asked me to trace your father’s kidnappers since the police can’t.” He said as he took her hand, the sleeve of his jacket hiked up a little, the familiar tattoo on his wrist reminded Byul of her mother’s side mafia roots.

“I’m quite disappointed auntie didn’t contact me. All this time I was away for some business, that’s why I wasn’t informed.” Yoongi explained, his forehead creasing.

“It’s fine, oppa. You’re here now.”

“Don’t worry. We will solve this problem. And those people who did this to Eunhong samchon will get what they deserve.”

 

 

Byul was checking her reflection when she heard two soft knocks from her door.

“Mark? Come in!” She called as she dusted down the hem of the purple satin dress she was wearing.

“I’m picking up my grandmother for the party, noona.” Mark informed her.

“Yeah, I heard. I’m excited seeing her again.”

Mark nodded quietly, Byul bit her lip.

“Hey, is something wrong?” She walked towards him, but Mark shook his head.

“Nothing, I just…”

Byul looked at him questioningly.

“Noona, if I ask you to choose,” Mark met her gaze, Byul blinked back at him.

“Between Lee Minhyung and Jeon Jungkook, who would you choose?”

Byul paused, her brows rose briefly, then a thoughtful smile appeared on her face.

“As my best friend? Of course, no one.” She chuckled.

Mark halted.

“You..You are Lee Minhyung, a childhood friend who’s always been there for me and my family. And Jungkook…Jungkook is a permanent person in my life. If I choose one, I might end up losing you both.”

Mark slowly nodded.

“Aigoo, you’re a little sentimental today.”

“Agasshi! Young master Jeon has arrived!” They heard the butler call for her.

“I’ll see you at the party then, Mark Lee.” She patted his hand before leaving the room.

 

 

“Whoa, do they expect him to take over right after graduation? Poor kid.” Junhee commented, Byul grew amused and followed the girl’s gaze.

“You’re supposed to be helping him out, unnie. In case you forgot.” Byul shook her head.

“I don’t have to. He’s the male grandchild.” Junhee rolled her eyes.

“Byul!”

“Auntie,” Byul greeted Mrs. Jeon with a hug.

“I was visiting your father earlier, I feel so bad. How are you? I kept on asking Jungkook to bring you over, it must be terrifying to be all alone at your house.” She frowned and took the girl’s hands in hers.

“I wasn’t alone, auntie. One of our family friends have been living with us for a while now.” Byul nodded.

“I was also a little worried because Jungkook has a new girlfriend, inviting you over to our place will be a little difficult, right?”

Byul blinked, but she just nodded.

“Byul is living with a boy, auntie.” Junhee chimed, Byul sent the girl a look.

“A boy?”

“My childhood friend, Mark.” Byul looked around and paused, Mrs. Jeon followed her gaze. Jaehyun and Mark were both chatting with Jimin.

“Ah, Jaehyun’s cousin.” Mrs. Jeon nodded, then she was being called by her secretary, she excused herself before leaving the two.

“Unnie, you..really,” Byul whined, Junhee laughed.

“It’s something to worry the elders.” Junhee shrugged.

“Huh?” Byul blinked, Junhee saw her aunt walking towards her husband, she chuckled to herself.

“Hey,” Jungkook approached them, Junhee gave him a small wave before he leaned down to kiss the side of Byul’s head.

“How is it? Still breathing?” She teased, Junhee stepped away from the two.

“It’s a party, but all they want to talk about is work.” Jungkook scrunched his nose, Byul smiled and just took his hand in hers.

“You know..earlier, Mark was asking..some weird stuff.” She opened up, Jungkook paused and looked at her.

“Did he do something~”

“No, no. I meant..he just asked me…” Byul paused.

“Byul, if he’s bothering you, you have to tell me.” Jungkook spoke.

“No..I must be just overthinking. It’s fine. You look good.” She nodded as she fixed the lapels of his coat.

“Byul, if~”

“Jungkook! Your girlfriend’s here!” Mrs. Jeon was calling to them, Byul looked at the elder, she felt Jungkook’s grip on her hand tighten.

Hyena was dressed in a tight red dress and she was standing beside Jungkook’s parents.

“Byul, hi.” Hyena walked towards them, Byul balked.

Hyena leaned over to kiss Jungkook’s cheek, Byul pulled her hand away from him.

“Why didn’t you come pick her up, son? How rude.” Mr. Jeon chided his son.

Jungkook continued to stare at Hyena, his brows met briefly.

“Introduce us formally.” Mrs. Jeon nudged him.

“It’s fine, auntie. I’m sure Jungkook had to come pick up Byul first. It’s always Byul first.” Hyena smiled at her before reaching for the tips of Byul’s hair.

“Hyena~”

But before Jungkook could speak, Byul was pulled away from him. He turned and found Jaehyun staring at Hyena with contempt.

Byul was behind Jaehyun, unable to speak or react.

 

 

“Don’t even a lay one finger on her, Kim Hyena.” Jaehyun spat before wrapping one arm around Byul and pulling her away from the group.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++