001

Her

 

 

A familiar mechanical beep made the young man on the bed stir slightly, he pushed the blankets away from his face and opened his eyes.

He caught a flash of red and black, he snorted before going back to sleep.

But then loud music started to play from his speakers, he groaned.

“Song Byul!” He hollered from the bed.

There was no reply, instead he just heard the shower turning on and his friend was already singing along to the music.

He sat up and felt something odd on his arm, he looked at it and found a Post it stuck on his elbow.

Breakfast. I want toast.

He made a face before standing up and walking towards the kitchen area.

 

 

“You really have to stop showering here.”

Byul rolled her eyes at him as she started to do her makeup, Jungkook eyed her warily before setting her toast and his kimchi fried rice on the dining table.

“I’m still a little bothered, why did you choose a studio type apartment again? This is the size of your bathroom at your house.” She said as she stood up and walked towards the table.

“I’m more bothered that you always shower here before class.”

“I’d rather shower here than at the gym.” She pointed out before sitting down.

Jungkook made a face at her and took his seat.

“I want this.” She murmured as she picked up a bit of cabbage from his plate.

“How was your practice? Is your back still sore?” Jungkook asked before eating.

“Better. I had to stretch more before starting this morning.” She said while chewing, not minding her manners.

“Drive us back to school?” She asked hopefully.

“No.” Jungkook deadpanned before finishing his food and standing up.

“I’ll just shower and get ready.” He murmured before heading straight to the bathroom.

 

 

The matte black Range Rover pulled over at SNU’s Business department’s parking lot. Jungkook slid down from the driver’s seat and Byul followed behind him.

“Do you think he’d really let us finish the report before the lecture?” Byul asked again, Jungkook sighed and just took her backpack from her.

“Yes.” He replied as he slung the bag on his back.

“What if he changes his mind?” She frowned again.

“Stop it. Chill. You shouldn’t have had that third coffee this morning.” He grumbled before pulling her to the elevator.

“Are my eyebrows even?” She asked him, the other students glanced at them.

“They’re perfect. Now stop talking.” Jungkook covered her lips just as the doors opened again, he pulled her out of the machine with him.

“I know. I’m perfect.” She winked at him.

Jungkook just shuddered and let go of her.

“Perfectly annoying, and clumsy.” He pointed towards her shoes.

“What~”

Jungkook knelt down and swiftly tied the laces before stepping into the classroom, Byul just grinned.

“Thanks!” She called to him before going to her seat.

 

 

Byul set down the tray on the table just as Taehyung and Jungkook arrived.

“What’s this?” Taehyung asked.

“It’s salad, oppa. Go ahead.” She mused as he made a grossed out face before opening his can of cola.

“It’s my mom, I have to take this.”

“Thousand island. And cheese.” She said to Jungkook, he nodded and picked up the salad and walked towards the condiments bar. She answered the call and plopped down across Taehyung, she smiled as she saw her younger cousin, Chunghee pass by.

“Eomma?” She spoke.

“Now? I’m at school, having lunch….Yes, really? Minjun samchon?..Ah, I do..remember..a little.” She nodded, Jungkook came back with her salad.

He started to pick on the pickled radish, Byul just took it off his plate for him.

“Visiting? Ah..Staying over. Sure, sure, I’m fine with that. I’ll be home for dinner tomorrow then.” She said before putting her phone down.

“What was that?” Taehyung asked.

“We have guests tomorrow.” She nodded as Jungkook took a forkful of his ramen.

“Be nice.” Jungkook mused.

“Eat your veggies.” She replied dryly, Taehyung just grinned at the two.

“I hope you gain weight and wont be able to swim.” He stuck his tongue out.

“Children.” Taehyung chuckled.

“At this rate, I probably wont.” She pointed out as she stabbed a piece of lettuce on on her salad bowl and eyed the very dry looking chicken on her plate.

“My poor Byul.” Taehyung cooed.

Jungkook grinned, Byul had a swimming competition in a few days.

 

 

“I’ll buy you cupcakes after the competition, Song Star. So, eat up.” He pinched her cheek before going back to his plate.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++