020

Her

Byul shut the door behind her and leaned against it, she felt tears roll down her cheeks.

“I’m sorry, I had to do that.” She murmured, she made her way towards her computer, her mother had sent her another email, assuring that she was doing well and that she was safe.

Byul leaned back on the chair, she had become Song Holdings’ CEO and it terrified the hell out of her.

No one still had an idea where her father was, the police wouldn’t tell her anything about what the kidnappers wanted.

And Hyena.

“At least, try to remember who Byul is to you, she’s your friend. Just your friend.”

“I’m your girlfriend, but your probably call her more. You text her more.”

“Hyena, I~”

“Distance yourself from Byul, Jungkook. Because people might misunderstand you two. And I don’t want that to happen.”

“Hyena, Byul will not~”

“Who are you dating? Me or Byul?”

“Please, at least stop being so around her. I’m your girlfriend, but people still call her Jeon’s girl.”

She was there at the café earlier. She was lining up to get herself a quick cup of coffee before heading to the company, she didn’t even see Jungkook when she went in. But she recognized Hyena’s voice.

And she heard it all. What Hyena was saying was right.

“I don’t want to be a hindrance, I’m sorry. I have a lot on my plate too.” Byul whispered as she looked at the photo of her and Jungkook on her desk.

 

 

Jungkook sat down and tossed his bag infront of him, his brows were knitted together as he leaned back on his seat.

“Ya,”

He looked up, Jimin sat down beside him.

“I’m glad Byul forced you to take this advance class. I have someone to bother.” He mused, Jungkook didn’t reply.

“How’s Byul? She suddenly became CEO Byul.”

“I don’t know.” Jungkook shrugged, Jimin paused and looked at the male. Something was off, from the way Jungkook’s arms were crossed and how his jaw was tensed.

Something’s bothering Jeon.

“Hey, guys.” Junhee walked over to them, she looked at his younger cousin briefly.

“He snapped at me on the phone yesterday. So don’t ask any Song Star related stuff.” She said as she set out her books.

Jungkook exhaled, and then he saw Byul going down the stairs, she was with Yerim, a sunbae from the swim team and Mark.

Mark Lee.

Jungkook’s forehead creased for a moment.

“Byul!” Jimin waved at her, his eyes went to Jungkook briefly and at the girl across the hall. Byul looked up and smiled.

She was about to walk towards them, but she paused.

Jungkook opened his laptop, his lips pursed. Junhee’s brows went up, Jimin just watched as Byul walked with Mark again.

“Weird.” He muttered to himself, Jungkook put on his earphone and started to check his emails.

“Confirmed.” Junhee mouthed at her boyfriend, Jimin just puffed his cheeks.

“They fought.” Jimin mumbled.

 

 

“You’re not going to join them? Whoa, Jeon’s girl, why?” Yerim teased, Mark looked at the older girl.

“He has this thing with Hyena later, don’t want to cause trouble.” Byul said with a playful grin.

“Oh, so that has started.” Yerim mused.

“What?” Mark blinked, Byul grinned and just looped her arm around his.

“The typical, girlfriend gets overly territorial and jealous over the gorgeous female friend.” Yerim snorted, Byul shushed her.

“Hyena?” Mark glanced at Byul questioningly.

“It’s nothing, prevention is better than cure, right?” She said, Mark made a face at her.

“Makes sense though. You’re a threat, swimmer number seven.” Yerim poked her waist, Byul sighed.

She saw Hyena enter the hall, Byul glanced back at the table. Jungkook greeted her with a smile and a kiss on her cheek.

“Model student, athlete, approachable and visually pleasing.” Yerim continued her teasing, Mark just smiled.

“Who wouldn’t be threatened, right, Mark Lee?” Yerim asked, Byul just shook her head at her sunbae.

“Yeah, Yerim noona. You are right.”

“Heol. Now you’re forcing him to agree with you?” Byul socked her friend’s arm. Yerim just chuckled.

“I have to head to class. You two have fun!” She said before walking towards the elevators.

“How did your morning go?” Mark asked as they headed down the steps.

“I feel like some of the professors are being a little careful around me. Too careful, it’s weird.” She said with a grin, Mark took her backpack from her.

“Noona you became CEO overnight, and they’re worried about your father too.”

Byul shrugged.

“I don’t know what to think about first, appa, the company, my~” She paused when she saw Jungkook and Hyena walk past them. Mark followed her gaze, he looked at her questioningly.

Byul was about to speak when Chunghee walked towards them.

 

 

“Unnie,” Chunghee stuttered.

“Wow.” Byul started to grin.

“I need to~”

“Do it. Quickly.” Byul cut her off, Mark tensed, the girl had let go of his arm.

“Unnie, what do you mean?”

“Take pictures. I’m standing alone with Mark here. Mark is a boy.” She chuckled.

“U—unnie, it’s not like that. I—I..” Chunghee bit her lip, Byul crossed her arms.

“What do you want?” She questioned. Mark diverted his gaze, then a red Corvette was speeding towards the building, students started to stare as it passed by.

“Please help me.”

Byul started to laugh, Mark saw Jungkook slide down his car, he was smiling as he walked towards the red car.

“What? Do you want me to help you choose the filter for the photos?”

“U-nnie, it’s..this.” Chunghee produced a piece of paper from her pocket, Byul took it from her and she started to read its contents.

Song Holdings heiress, to wed by the end of the year!

“That’s not you.” Mark peeked over her shoulder, Byul was staring at a photo of Chunghee.

“JKG Group?” Byul staggered back, then she heard Jungkook’s voice.

“Ya, LA boy!” He was jogging towards the Corvette before them.

“Do you know him, unnie?” Chunghee sounded so worried, Byul looked at the photo beside her cousin’s.

“I—I..” Byul didn’t know what to say, then she looked up, the Corvette’s owner had stepped down of his car.

Her eyes widened as she realized who the male was, Jungkook was approaching the male.

“Do you know JKG Group, unnie?” Chunghee asked again, Byul’s eyes were on the male as Jungkook greeted him with a hug.

 

 

“Y—Yeah, he’s…he’s over there.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++