038

Her

 

Byul leaned her head against the window, she had her arms crossed as she exhaled.

“Are you hungry?” Jungkook asked as he set his right hand on the wheel.

“No. I didn’t compete, remember?” She murmured, she sat up and glanced at him.

“Byul, I know what I did was~”

“You said you wanted me not to think about it.” She said, Jungkook glanced at her briefly, she was shaking her head.

“I’ll take care of it. I’m sorry, Byul.” He said softly before stretching his free hand to her, Byul’s brows met briefly.

She bit her lip before placing her hand on his.

“Maybe we should eat.” She said lightly, Jungkook chuckled.

“What do you want to eat?”

Byul smiled to herself before looking at the windows again.

“We should have seafood. And you’re treating.” She announced.

Jungkook smiled and nodded.

“Arasso. To seafood we go.” He glanced at her again before facing the road.

Byul looked away, her forehead creased.

“Then, just think about me today. Your aunts are with the police now. Just today, just…try to see me.”

She closed her eyes and leaned back on her seat.

 

 

“Is this..all true? The prosecutor came to the company earlier.” Mr. Song asked from the hospital bed, his wife was standing in front of the television, watching the news.

“Byul..Byul was at the meeting too. She has been relieved of her duties.”

Mr. Song shook his head.

“The company has released an official statement, sir.” His secretary spoke carefully.

“Since the matter regarding your two sisters has become very sensitive, the board decided to relieve agasshi of her position. The board extends their gratitude towards the young miss and they have nothing but praise for her.”

“I know that, but what is this about Jungkook? How come it has been so forgotten easily? My daughter, she~”

“The truth is, agasshi didn’t know that he was going to do that. The information about the embezzlement and fraud came from young master Jeon’s office.”

Mrs. Song halted and walked towards them.

“But, why? What would make him rashly?”

The secretary tensed, then before he could speak, to doors slid open.

“Yoongi!” Mrs. Song greeted him, the male walked in the room.

“Is something wrong?” Mr. Song asked as he noticed how worried he look.

“Where’s Byul, imo?”

“At school, most likely. Did you~”

“Samchon, imo, there’s something you don’t know that those two already do.”

“Huh?” Mr. Song looked at him questioningly.

“When…When you were still away, samchon, Byul came to me for help. She wanted to find you and know who was behind your kidnapping.”

“Up to now even the police don’t know.” Mr. Song stated, Mrs. Song sat dow beside her husband.

“I found out.”

The room grew silent.

“I wanted to tell you, but I knew I had to tell Byul first.” Yoongi explained.

“But Jungkook found out first?” Mrs. Song stated, Yoongi nodded.

“He overheard one of my conversations with my guards. Then, he started acting up.”

“That…That explains what he did.” Mr. Song murmured to himself.

“Byul? Does she know?” Mrs. Song asked worriedly.

“That’s the problem, Byul..she just found out today.”

“We can talk to her and~”

“She’s made contact with my father.”

His aunt gasped, the Song patriarch looked away, knowing how the mafia honored requests from their immediate family.

“No one can interfere now, imo. You know our family’s rules.” Yoongi said meaningfully.

“What did she ask him for?”

“I don’t know, nobody knows. But abeoji,…he will definitely give Byul what she wants.”

 

 

Jungkook leaned back on his seat as they waited for their food.

“You’re being quiet. Should I be worried?” He asked playfully, Byul looked up from her seat, she bit her lip before speaking.

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why do that, Jungkook? Was that just to shut me up? Or just because you don’t like fighting with me?” She questioned, Jungkook shook her head.

“Byul, you know I don’t do that type of thing.”

She looked away.

“Why would I lie to you, Song Star?” He asked with a small smile, he lifted one shoe and nudged the tip of her Gucci sneakers.

“You kept things from me, Jeon. So I’m trying to read this move of yours.”

He chuckled.

“Move? You’re not a game to me, Byul.”

Jungkook leaned forward before speaking again.

“You’re too special and I can’t lose you.”

Byul’s brows met for a brief moment.

“Don’t worry, I’m not asking you to answer me now. Just don’t push me away, alright?”

“Jungkook~”

“I mean it, I’m still Jungkook. You don’t have to act differently.” He reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze before standing up to get water for them.

Byul looked at her hand, then she looked at Jungkook, he was speaking with one of the waiters.

“Why does he have to be like this?” She mumbled to herself.

 

 

Byul leaned against the counter as she waited for their ice cream. She felt her phone vibrate, she took it out.

“Yes, samchon.” She said quietly, she glanced behind her, Jungkook was sitting at their table, engrossed with the menu.

“I’m outside right now, don’t worry, I’m safe.” She smiled to herself.

“Yes, thanks, samchon. I’ll keep that in mind. I’ll wait for your call then.”

Their orders arrived, Byul picked up the tray and started to walk back to their table, then she paused as she noticed a familiar looking girl approached the table.

“Oppa monster.” She murmured to herself, then she reached the table.

“Oh, unnie. I was just passing by when I saw oppa’s car parked outside. Out for an ice cream run?” Sohye smiled at her.

“Yeah, sort of.” Byul replied as she sat the tray down. Jungkook took his sundae and pushed it to Sohye.

“Want to try?” He offered, Byul glanced at him before pulling her caramel sundae to her.

“Unnie, I saw the news. Are you okay?” Sohye asked as she ate, she took a spoonful of the chocolate ice cream and lifted the spoon in Jungkook’s direction.

“I’m still breathing.” Byul replied before eating again, Jungkook scrunched his nose at the girl.

“Just eat it, oppa. It’s embarrassing.” Sohye sighed at him, Byul rolled her eyes.

“Fine.” Jungkook let the girl feed him, Byul picked up a napkin and wiped her lips.

“Is it good?” Jungkook picked up another spoon and tried to aim for her sundae, Byul pulled it away from him.

Jungkook blinked at her.

“Eat your own.” She stated before eating again.

“Unnie, what happened earlier? You forfeited. Were you feeling unwell?” Sohye asked her, Byul shrugged.

“Sometimes, it’s just not worth it.” Byul said coolly, Jungkook’s brows rose up.

“Still, your team was leading, what a waste~”

“If you’re really so worried about it, join the team.” Byul pushed her ice cream away from her.

“Give me your keys.” She said, Jungkook took out his keys.

“Byul, do you~”

“I want to go home, lend me your car.”

“Byul, I’ll drive you home.”

“Isn’t she living with your family? Just ride together.” Byul took the keys from him and stood up.

 

 

“I’ll give it back tomorrow. Don’t call me tonight.” She said before leaving the shop.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++