Truth Letter

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: It is easy to hate and difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve, and bad things are very easy to get
 

“I’ve like you since three years ago Jihyo. I know it doesn’t really make sense but I’ve fallen for you.” I say without any courage to look her in the eyes.

Song Jihyo. My one and only crush since middle school. She is my senior by a year, but I didn’t really mind as long as it is her we talking about. She is the actual reason as why I choose to move to this high school. Even though I have to keep begging to my parents to transfer me into this school, but it’s all worth it. I can get to see her every break time and I feel a lot closer to her.

Now that I have successfully attend the same school as her, my only wish left is that she will accept me as her boyfriend. I’m sure that she already heard about the rumor saying that I like her. It actually the truth. And I’ve heard some student saying that she like me back but I’m not sure about that because she didn’t show it.

“I’m sorry Taehyun, but I couldn’t accept your feeling.” She says with apologetic feeling. She bow and walk away, leaving me feeling dejected behind.

My heart got struck and my body froze. I was left speechless by her rejection. I didn’t expect for her to reject my confession without even thinking about it. I keep blinking my eyes, wishing that it just my imagination. But the hurt that I feel in my heart seem so real. Her back view, walking away from me make it more realistic. I keep looking at her until she is disappear around the corner. Only then, the reality hit me hard.

‘why?’ keep repeating in my mind. I just couldn't find the right answer to my own question.

Suddenly, the thought of her thinking that we not at the same level come passing through my mind. I didn’t know how but it seem legit at the moment because I’ve never see her accept any confession. I know that I shouldn’t think this way but my heart could take the pain.

“So?” Mino ask me as soon as I take my seat infront of him. I didn’t know why he could be that stupid for not knowing how to read my expression.

“She not worth it.” I say without looking at him. My heart still boiling from the rejection.

“What’s wrong?” he asks once again.

“I’m wrong about her. I know that she think that she is above all of us.” I say and trying to look like I didn’t care.

“You got reject, aren’t you?” he say and I could feel a hit in my heart.

“Can you believe it? It’s me we talking about. Girls are dying to receive my confession, but how come she say no? Who the heck she think she is?” I say without even thinking. My emotion take over me and all I can feel is rage.

“Did she says why?” he ask trying to calm me down and think rationally.

“No, and I don’t think that I have to. She just to arrogant, thinking that everyone is into her.” I say without wanting to think her reasons.

“Wasn’t that’s you?” he say, I didn’t know whether he is on my side or her.

“I’m not like that, okay?” I say in denial. Yeah, I know that I’m popular but who am I to blame my fans for liking me.

“Whatever. I’m hungry, let’s get something to eat.” He say and I can only roll my eyes.

“Go by yourself then. I lost my appetite.” I say as I don’t feel like eating by now.

“Fine then. I’ll be in the Cafe if you wondering later. See ya.” He say before walks away, leaving me all alone with my thought.

It’s been a few months since the day she reject me, but I keep badmouth her to my friends and whoever listen to me. The fire in my heart just keep burning up and I know that it wasn’t going to fade out soon. Whenever I bathmouth her, I feel satisfy because I want her to know how it feel to be hurt.

“Have you see Jihyo noona?” Mino ask while taken the seat beside me.

“No, why? Are you falling into her trap too?” I say and look at him in wonder that mixed with anger a bit. My rage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter