Fairy Friend

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: At night when the stars light up my room, I sit by myself talking to the moon (Talking to the Moon – Bruno Mars)

 

 

Every single night, the moon appear to show people it's beautiful self. Every single night, the crickets would sing and the stars twinkling. Every single night, I would wait at the window, looking at the sky with a heart full of hopes. Tonight is no exception. Unfortunately, every single night also, he didn't come. I have been waiting for quite a long time, but he didn't appear like he used to. 

One by one, my dream shattered. Bit by bit, my hope fade. And as time passed by, my heart started to filled with loneliness. A feeling that I used to feel before meeting him. A feelings that I never knew would come back, accompanying me once again. However, here the feeling is, filling up the part of my broken heart. 

A tear escape, knowing that I really need him. I miss his voice. I miss his laugh. I miss having conversation with him. I miss him a lot. On top of that, I missed my old self when he's there, with me. I look at the night sky, remembering our first meeting.

 

I stir in my sleep like usual. I never knew why I always have to be so uncomfortable these days. It wasn't like this before. It only started bit by bit after graduation. I missed those days of mine where there's no worries. The day where everyone still there for me, willing to listen to all my stories. I missed the day where I can still sleep like a child.

Unfortunately, reality tear me apart. It took my time at the beginning, bit by bit. It then took my friends away from me, leaving me behind. It build up a wall around my life, trapping me alone inside my own life. No more gathering. No more weekend together. No more laughter to be shared. Everything is different. And sadly, I continue to live like this and continue building up the wall around me.

I know that I'm just pretending to be cheerful in front of my colleagues, but that's all I can do to. I know I'm lonely but I didn't want to admit it. Everything become distant, no matter how hard I try to grip it firmly. Day by day, I started to believe in my lie and a loner I became.

Sigh. 

It's already 3 O'clock but I still couldn't sleep. Luckily, I have an off day tomorrow and there's no worries for me end up with a sleepy eyes to work. However, having no sleep tend to make me easily got sick, which I didn't want to encounter any sooner or later. It wasn't like anyone would care but yeah, sick wasn't such a pleasant feeling. I sigh again and turn my body around, hoping to find a much more comfortable position.

As I open my eyes, I saw something on my nightstand. I keep my eyes on that very thing and confusion hit me. I didn’t know what to call it because I didn't know what exactly it was. It features exactly like a human being but it also have wings, just like bee.

There's no way that a human being can be that small, literally 7 inches tall. I mean, if this is fairy tale, then yeah, it make sense. But this is a real world where there's no such things like fairies, mermaid, vampire and many more. I keep my eyes on it and not once it move. It neither human nor animal and it’s not normal.

“Weird dream.” I whisper to myself, started to believe that I'm actual dreaming. 

“You not dreaming. Try pinching yourself.” It says, talking like a human.

Oddly, I follow it command with a frown. Never before in my life have a dream that wanted me to pinch myself. My eyes widened when I realize that I feel hurt and the thought that I haven't sleep yet for the night, come to my mind.

“No way” I say, still haven’t move an inch.

“I told you.” It says, chuckle. 

Shocked, is understatement. There’s no word that can describe this current situation I’m in. My breath hitched, my heart beating like I’ve been running, escaping a mad dong chasing me. I get off from my bed in a record time (faster than the time knowing that I’m late for work) trying to stay as far as I can from that thing.

I end up with me kissing the floor, ungracefully. For once, I didn’t really care about it. I didn’t feel any pain from the impact, thanks to the adrenaline flowing inside of me. I stand on the wall, facing my bed, hoping that it will not following me.

“I know this is bizarre, but calm down.” It say.

Unfortunately, it give the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter