Real Tears

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : "Crying. Do you think crying with tears is really crying?" - 49 Days

**Requested by : Ann020 on 02nd Spetember

 

  

I wake up and went to the shower with a lot in my thought. Honestly, I didn’t sleep well last night. I keep on thinking of my girlfriend and she haven’t left my mind ever since. It’s not the case where I missed her, but something keeps bothering me, especially lately. I exit the bathroom and get ready to go out. I make sure that I grab my jacket on the way out of the house because I know that it's going to be a cold day.   

I drive to the place which I promise to go and park my car not far from the cafe. I open the cafe’s door and look for a familiar female figure among the customer inside of it. Once I found her, I walk and take a sit in front of her.  

“Am I late, Jihyo?” I say and take a look at my watch. I believe that I wasn’t late because I didn’t like making other people wait for me. 

“Nope. It just I’m early. Order up. I already ordered mine.” She says and give me a smile. I smile back to her and turn my head looking at the waiter that standing on the side of the table. 

“Just give me one Latte please.” I say before the waiter write down my order.  

“Wait, you not eating?” she says when she realise that I didn’t order any food. 

“Not yet hungry.” I say and give a smile to the worker, letting him know that I’ve done with my order. 

“So, how are you? How is life in the US?” I ask when I turn my head, looking at her. To be honest, I kind of miss her and it’s been a few years since the last time I saw her, which is before she move to the US. 

“Nothing really interesting happen. Other than the difference of our culture, language and the weather, it just the same as here.” She says indifference with a smile on her face. 

“You’re saying that everything just the same?” I ask and frown a bit, not really understand her answer. The waiter put our drinks before she explain her choice of words. 

“Yeah. It wasn’t like I’m going there for a vacation. I’m studying. So, what else to do except from study? Besides, I have not much free time for fun.” She says with a smile, before taking a sip of her drink. 

“You not change at all, except from your appearance of course.” I say and give her a smile. She still the same Jihyo I knew back then, not even a slight change in her character even thou her apperance improve a lot. 

“Thank you. So tell me Jisub, what’s wrong with you? What bothering you?” she says and look at me, anticipating in my answer. 

“After all these years, you still have it, aren’t you?” I say and chuckle a bit. I look down and keep playing with my drink, not really have the appetite to taste it.

She indeed didn’t change at all. She still know when something is bothering me and I just couldn’t hide it from her, not now and not in the past. I didn’t know how but it’s kind of a gift for her. That is one of the reasons why she become my best friend and I always share my problem to her. She also a good listener and adviser to me. No one really could replace her. 

“It just something related to my girlfriend.” I say and continue stiring my drink. 

“What about her?” she says and I know that she is all ear at this moment. 

“I don’t know. My girlfriend and I haven’t gone to a date for weeks already. She always says that she is busy with work and barely has time for me. But everytime I open my Instagram account, I always see her picture with her friend, hanging out.” I say and pour out everything that have been bothering me all this time. I know that I shouldn’t bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter