Word

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: “You don’t want to know this, trust me.”

 

 

It is Saturday and I feel kind of boring staying in the dorm all day. It’s our off day and the other Got7’s members have their own activity, which leaves me all alone. Thus, I decided to text Jihyo noona, wondering if she wants to hang out with me. I’m lucky enough for today because she say that she also didn’t have any schedule for today.

After a few texts of discussing the place for our hangout, we come to a decision to come to this book café suggested by Jihyo noona, which located in schedule area with not so many customers. How does she know this place? She actually found this place by accident due to her getting lost the other day. Thanks to it, I can hangout with her today. I drive on my own to this café because my manager is taken his off time.

Upon arriving to this place, I was greeted by the coffee aroma that mixed with the smell emitted by the books, decorating every corners of this café. I trail my fingers along the books before decided to take one of it. The staff at the counter greets me with a smile as I place my order. Done with my order, I walk toward a table around the corner and sit on the opposite side of Jihyo noona, who has arrived early than me.

We only need to exchange a few glances and smile before I starting to emerge myself into the book I am holding on. After a few pages, I found a word that I didn’t understand. I know that I couldn’t continue reading the book if I didn’t know what does it means. And thanks to my curiosity, I decided to stop my reading and look at Jihyo noona.

“Jihyo noona, do you know what this mean?” I ask her and point to the word that got me stuck.

“Which word?” she says and put her book down. She looks at me, wondering on what I was asking about.

“This word. Do you know?” I say while pointing to the word. I push the book further so that she could see it clearly. She lean forward and read the paragraphs a few times. She frowning for a moment and I didn’t know why it makes me nervous.

“You don’t want to know this, Mark. Trust me.” She says and leans back to her chair, continuing her reading.

“Why?” I ask, wondering what the reason behind her secretive. I know that she always there to help me, but I didn’t know that she have the heart to not help me this time.

“Just trust me on this.” She says and looks at me with a stern look.

“Can y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter