Her Part-I

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Shallows water are noisy; deep water are silent

 

 

“Good morning Namjoon-shi” she greets me with a smile before proceed to walk to the bus stop near to their neighbourhood.

“Good morning” I replied with a polite smile.

It is my usual typical mornings that start with the greeting from my neighbour, Song Jihyo. She always greets me every time she went to her workplace, if she sees me. Honestly, I always make sure that I will went out from the house on the same time as her so that I will able to start my day with her greeting. It has become my habit for these past two months.

Today is my off day and I always start my day with jogging around the neighbourhood. Actually, I just want to hear her greeting, but I’m afraid that people will look at me weirdly. Thus, jogging would be a good excuse for me. I plug my earphone and start playing some songs in my playlist before starting to jog. As the songs accompany in my every steps, the thought of her never leave my mind. Even the songs couldn’t distract me or chase her away from my mind. 

Lately, I’ve keep thinking of her. It wasn’t that I was love struck or something like that, but something about her makes me a bit curious. There is a lot about her that I still didn’t know. Perhaps because I didn’t ask her anything related to her but I couldn’t find the right time to approach her. I never saw her going out with friend or boyfriend, which make me think that I still got a chance. How did I know about it? I just know because she always caught my attention without doing anything. It wasn’t my intention to stalk her but I just did know. 

After all, she did work in my favourite café and I always saw her during lunch hour. At first, I didn’t know that she was working there, but we meet coincidentally when she took my order that fateful day. I never try to approach her during lunch because the café is always busy during peak hour and I didn’t have a chance to walk her home either because she always got off from work before my working hour is done. However, I never saw her got back home every time I arrived home. I didn’t know where she went to and it stills remain a mystery to me.

She always seem to be working and it seem like she didn’t have any off day because I always saw her leaving her house early in the morning and only be back late night. There is time where I accidentally saw her going back home in the evening but goes back out a few minutes after.

I think that today is still the same circle and routine for her. I arrived at home and went to shower before preparing my breakfast. A thought of going to the café is tempting me but I didn’t want to go there just because she is working there, and it will be quite awkward if people found out. Why? It is because we have quite a lot of restaurants in my neighbourhood and I still have to drive to her place. I shrug the thought and throw it out of the window.

After a refreshing shower, I went to the kitchen to make my breakfast. I open the refrigerator and realise that I haven’t done my groceries recently. I almost groan but the thought of going shopping hit me a bit.

“Wait, is this mean?” I’m talking to no one but me.

I found myself smiling in reflex when I realise that I got to go shopping, which also mean that I got a reason to go there. Where? There, as in her workplace, that is my favourite café. I change my cloth and went out to start my car. I drive to the supermarket, which ‘accidentally’ near the café to buy my groceries. After I’m done with my groceries, I drive toward the café with an excitement. I ente

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter