For Freedom

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Does it ever scare you? How damaged we are?
 


After working an extra hours for her part-time job, she decided to go back home. She changes her uniform and walk out from the restaurant. Her shoulder tense from all the serving and her leg still didn’t fully recover from all the beating she got from her father two days ago. She knew that she just a bit lucky yesterday because she didn’t got beat up like usual.

It’s like her daily routine to be beat up by him and it get worse when he is drunk. She got unconscious is the worst and a few bruises is the lightest she ever got. She always got blame for the death of her mother, who dies during her birth. He never stops blaming her and it is one of the reasons he keeps beating her up.

She keeps on walking while thinking on what she should do with her life. She always wanting to go, but she got no courage. All of a sudden, she is pulled to the side with covered. She almost screams for help if it wasn’t for the person to speak up before she did.

“Meet me at the park, at midnight Jihyo.” A man says in a whisper. His tone indicates that he is very careful so that no one will know about it.

“What are you doing Junyoung? Why?” she say when he released his hold on . She turns around to face him and saw an anxious mixed with nervous written on his face. She didn’t know why she suddenly has the same feeling all of a sudden.

“Let’s run away. Run from here. We can start anew, where no one know us. I can’t stand live like this any longer Jihyo. Are you coming?” he says to her while looking around them carefully. He then looks directly into her eyes, hoping that she will understand how desperate he is at the moment.

“I can’t. He will kill me if he knew. You know he would Junyoung.” She say when the thought of him enter her mind. She is scared to the core.

“He won’t if he didn’t know. No one should know about it either. Let it be our secret. I know you want too Jihyo, so come with me. I didn’t want to leave you alone here.” He plead and he didn’t care at the moment about his ego. He really desperate to escape and he didn’t want to go alone.

“But, what if we got caught?” she says, feel a bit convince about his suggestion. However, she knew that he wouldn’t let her go that easily. She knew because she has tries before.

“We won’t Jihyo. We won’t. Trust me on this.” He looks at her eyes, searching for some hope. He knew that she need this as much he did. 

“But-” she says, trying to reason with him but got cut by him.

“Doesn’t it scare you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter