Rain

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : It’s raining and she put her hand under the rain. “Feel it”

 


It’s raining outside and here I am, sipping the coffee with one of my precious brother. Not blood related but he still a brother to me. Lee Teuk, the leader of Super Junior and the owner of the coffee shop I’m currently in. I’ve known him since a long time ago thru Heechul, my co-MC from Inkigayo back then, which also stay as my friend till now.

Not many people know about me and Lee Teuk as we didn’t really like to advertise about our relationship. It wasn’t like we were dating or in some-some relationship, but we just a mere friends that sometimes hang out together, just the two of us. He is a great company and a great friend. I also didn’t want to drag him into some scandal which can lead to a downfall of our career.

I continue on staring at the pouring rain outside the shop’s window, without making any intention to start a conversation between the two of us. It wasn’t that we didn’t talk at all, but the rain caught my attention. Silence wasn’t something new between the two of us as we often stay mute just to enjoy the feeling of some company, which bring peace in the inside.

“What are you looking at, Jihyo?” he asks, breaking the silence. I know that he is looking at me because I can feel his stare.

“Nothing” I reply, still looking outside the window. I place my elbow on the table with my palm supporting my chin, smiling a bit as I know that my answer going to trigger more question from him.

“How it could be nothing? You’ve been staring outside for an hour already. How could it be nothing?” he asks and I can see his head turning between me and the window from the corner of my eyes.

“You won’t understand Teuk.” I say, still not turning my head to look at him. I lift my cup and take a sip of my coffee, enjoying the sensation it bring down thru my throat.

“Try me” he say, challenging me. I turn my head just to see him lean back on his seat with his arm cross on his chest.

“I’m looking at the rain” I say and look back to the outside, taking a sip of the coffee. Well, coffee and rain. Two of my favourite things.

“Why? There’s nothing special happening in the rain” he says when he look at the direction I am looking at but didn’t see anything interesting happen in the rain. He keep on searching for something that have caught my attention.

“See, you didn’t get it. I wasn’t looking at something happen during the rain, but I’m literally looking at the rains” I say as I turn my head and look at him. I give him a small smile when he giving me the weird face.

“You weird” he says and take a sip of his drink.

“I know” I say and turn my head back, looking at the falling rain.

I know that sooner or later, he will speak up once again when he couldn’t stand the silence I’m giving. I know that there are questions that roam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter