Empty

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : If you ever found yourself in the wrong story, leave. 

 

 

The sun is smiling and the wind is dancing with its own rhythm. The children are playing in the playground without any worries. Their parents sitting nearby, watching while enjoying the seasons while it last.

The birds singing in their tune, giving every listener a peaceful feeling. Couples walking along the path with their hand intertwined, talking with loves carved in their eyes. 

Everything seem so perfect. Everything seem to be in their own place, except from her heart. She knew that she supposed to feel in love. She knew that she supposed to be happy.

Who wouldn’t be happy when you’re about to celebrate your own first anniversary with your boyfriend in a few day times? Everyone she knew, every single soul she met, they always happy and always feel giddy every single day till the historical day arrived.

However, she is in exception. She didn’t feel like celebrating the anniversary nor does she feel happy about it. She didn’t feel hatred toward the idea of celebrating either. She just feel nothing. It’s like there’s a hole inside of her heart and her soul feel neutral. She didn’t know why she feel this way.

Sitting on the bench in the park didn’t do any wonder to herself. She didn’t feel the hatred or annoying with the couples passed her by nor does she feel happy seeing the family, with their kids, spending time playing in the park.

She thought by coming to the park will make her feel something inside, but it seem like nothing is working. Not a single thing working for her. She didn’t know what to do nor does she want to do anything to begin with.

Placing the coffee on the bench beside her, she pull her phone from her pocket. She scroll the message in her phone and staring at one particular message.

Love you Jihyo.

She keep staring at that one particular message. She didn’t know where her feeling went to, nor does she know what had happen that make her feel this way toward her boyfriend.

Love.

Is she still in love? If yes, why does she feel empty? Why she couldn’t be genuinely happy that their anniversary is approaching? And why she couldn’t smile without faking the feeling?

She admit that she have fall out of love. And on top of it, this was her third relationship. All of it always end up with her feels nothing at the end. It’s not like he did something wrong or does he cheat on her, and vice versa. It just that the feeling is gone. It’s not there any longer.

All of the feeling is gone. The excitement she felt whenever they went out on a date. The joy she felt whenever she saw his smile. The energy she gain when she saw him, even just for a moment. The warm she felt whenever their hands intertwined. The uncontrollably beating of her heart when he kiss her.

All of it is gone and she couldn’t explain why. She know that sooner or later, her boyfriend will find out about her feeling, and with her current situation, she didn’t have the confidence that she be able to explain it to him. Even if she able to figure it out, she didn’t know whether he will be able to understand it or not.

Calls her selfish, but she can’t force her heart to start feeling again. It’s not like she didn’t try it before, and believe me, she does try, but at the end, it always the same. She end up ending her relationship and broke another heart.

Her phone vibrate and a message arrive. It wasn’t from her boyfriend, but it was from her friend. A long times friend that always be there for her. Kim Seokjin.

 

From Mr Worldwide Handsome : Don't forget our lunch date ~

To Mr Worldwide Handsome : It's wasn't a date. 

From Mr Worldwide Handsome : It is to me because you're buying ;) 

 

She look at her watch, determine how much longer she be able to sit on the bench. She grab her coffee cup and walks toward her car, deciding that she would be late for the lunch if she stay seated at the park.

She start her car and drive smoothly out of the parking lot toward the main road. She feel thankful that today wasn’t one of the day that she would stuck in traffic. However, getting stuck in a traffic wasn’t such a bad idea for her at the current moment, because she be able to clear her mind before lunch happen. At least a bit clear is sufficient enough.

If she happen to meet Seokjin with this problem still linger in her head, she absolutely sure that he would want her to pour it out. She also sure that she wouldn’t be able to let it contain any longer. To her, Soekjin have something in him that enable him to make her tell every single problem of her. He never fail and never did till this day.

 

To Mr Worldwide Handsome : Basement parking lot.

 

She type and send the message to Seokjin once she arrived at the usual parking floor. It’s her usual waiting place whenever she decided to pick him up from the company. A notification alert her that she have received a message.

 

From Mr Worldwide Handsome : 10 minutes. 

 

She read the message and decided not to reply. She put her phone inside her purse and lean back on the seat. She closed her eyes for a brief while waiting for him. Sigh escape, and the problem still there, in her head.

A knock on her window startled her and she jumped a bit. Seeing her friend all smiling on the outside, waving at her, calm her down. She then proceed to unlock the car and wait for him to enter, before exiting the parking lot.

“You’re early today.” He says, giving her a smirk. 

“I’m off, remember?” she says, not giving him a glace.

She knew that he is teasing her bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter