His Decision

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : But without the dark, we never see the stars
 

“Kris, you didn’t leave yet?” my secretary that also my friend, Lee Jinki enter my office before he went home.

“Just a moment Onew, I’m almost done with this” I say as I made my final review on the document in front of me. I know it was 30 minutes passed working hour already but I still need to review it because I plan to take a day off tomorrow.

“You know you can stuck in traffic right? You should go now. I know you still need to buy your food and gift for her.” He says and takes a sit in front of me, looking at me with adoring and sympathy written on his face. Even though I didn’t see him directly in the face but I can feel his gaze.

“I’ll buy my dinner there. Don’t worry about that. I’ll be done in just a minute” I say and continue reviewing the document. Silences engulf both of us but I got a feeling that he got something to say but hold himself from voicing it out.

“Spill it out. I know you want to ask me” I say as I close the document and look at him straight on the face. I wasn’t really someone that likes to play around the bush. I’m more a straightforward kind of person.

“How is she?” he asks with caution.

“She stills the same.” I reply as the thought of her creep into my mind. Unconsciously, I begin daydream, thinking back our memories, memories of me and my wife.

“I got to go first. Be careful on your way home” I say and pack my bag, ready to go to my destination after working all day long.

“You too, be careful. Send my regard to her” I can hear he says from behind of me as I walking toward the elevator. Looking at my wristwatch, I know that I’m going to stuck in the traffic for a bit.

As I was walking toward my car, I keep thinking of the gift I wanted to buy for her. I didn’t know whether she will be mad or upset with me by being late, but I hope she will be fine. I drive away from my company and thankfully that I only stuck for 10 minutes in the traffic. I stop by the flower shop before drive to my destination.

“You have arrived at your destination” the voice from the navigation system informing me that I’ve arrived as the sign of ‘Seoul Hospital’ is come into my view.

I park my car and grab the flower before walk toward her room. The nurse and doctor greet me and I only nod my head, without any smile on my lips. People known me as a cold person and I didn’t plan to change it anytime soon, except when I was with her. My smile only reserved for her and her only.

“Jihyo, sorry I’m a bit late. Got a lot of work in the office.” I say as soon as I open her room, only to be greeted by her figure laying on the bed, silently. Only the heart monitor beeping sound give me hope and sign that she still there. I approach her and give her a kiss on her forehead.

“I brought you flower. I know you didn’t really like flower because you didn’t like how they were cut and going to die soon, but this room need something to cheer it up.” I say and change the flower in the vase that I’ve brought last week. I smile sadly looking at the flower and out of a sudden, my stomach grumble.

“I’ll be back, Jihyo. I got to dispose this flower and buy some dinner. I haven’t eaten yet. I know you wouldn’t want me to starve, aren’t you? I’ll be back. Love you.” I say and give her a kiss before walking out of her room, heading toward the café.

I know that not many people favour the food from the café of hospital, but I didn’t mind, as long as I can be near her. Anyway, it wasn’t that I eat them daily. I only have them when I got overload of work in the office. I throw away the flower in the trash bin and walk to the café. I put both my hand into my pocket and place my order. I then buy some snack for later. I walk back toward her room after I paid for my order. I didn’t plan to eat alone at the café, so, I brought it to her room.

I remember the day I found her diary on the nightstand. I didn’t know that she have one because I never seen her write one before, but it wasn’t like I know anything about her. I admitted that I didn’t know anything about her even thought we were married for 11months already. We never sleep in the same room since we were married, which explain how I didn’t know about the diary. I only went to her room that day because I didn’t see her preparing dinner in the kitchen like usual.

If you ask me why I would bother looking for her if I always act like a jerk to her is because Tao has kicked some sense to my egoist-self. Before I found the diary, I didn’t know that she had suffer that much. I only thought that she just the typical girl who is annoying and clingy,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter