Not Impposible

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : Impossible only means that you haven’t found the solution yet

 

 

I’m currently staring at her, not able to fully listen to her teaching. I know that I should be because my grade is on the stake, but I simply just can’t. Not when my crush is the one whom teaching right now.

Song Jihyo. She is my first crush since I saw her two years ago, during my orientation week. She was so beautiful and kind hearted, nothing can be compared to her. Not only that, I later found out that she is one of the smartest student in the school. She always placed among the top ten in the school. From that moment, I know that I’ve fallen for her.

“Jimin-shi, are you listening to me?” she says, so sudden that it wake me from my daydream.

“Yes”, I reply, pretending to be fully focus on her lecture.

“Should I continue?” she ask and only get a nod as a reply.

She continue explaining, while I look at her, trying to focus. Eventually, I’m back to my daydream. I didn’t know why on earth, would she agree to teach me right after school time. She didn’t know me, other than I’m her friend’s friend. But I think I should thank the morning drama of mine. Otherwise, I doubt that she would say yes.

 

The school bell rang and I quickly took my bag before going to the cafeteria. I walked toward where my brothers seated and lies my head straight on the table as soon as my bottom hit the chair. I kept staring at nothing in particular and sigh occasionally, looking lifeless without making any other move. Not even when my brothers are talking.

“Jimin, what’s wrong?” Jin asked me but my mouth felt heavy. I know that I usually wasn’t this rude but the crisis that I’m currently facing make me grumpy and depressed. I just sigh.

“Tae, what’s wrong with him?” he asked Taehyung, while pointing at me, when he didn’t get any answer from me.

“He failed at maths, again.” I heard he replied. I sigh for the umpteen times.

Yeah, you heard him. The biggest crisis I’m currently facing was that I’m might not be able to pass the math test during the final exam, which were in a few months. I know it sound ridiculous but it’s true. I’ve been struggling with math subject and it killing me. I could count the number of math test that I’ve passed using only one hand. Call me drama queen but that’s the fact.

“I’m gonna die” I said, and began to sob.

“No, you not” Taehyung said and rub my back, trying to comfort me. Instead of a thanks, I give him the glare.

“Easy for you to say. You passed.” I replied. I didn’t know how on earth does he able to pass the exam when I haven’t seen him focusing in class. It’s one of the mystery that I haven’t solved about him.

“Why don’t you teach him, Tae?”Hoseok said. I lift my head from the table and look at him.

“He can’t. He just passed, as in barely passed.” I replied before Taehyung can say a word. I planted my face onto my palms, rethinking my whole life.

“Jihyo, can you come here for a minute?” I heard Yoongi said out loud.

I lift my face and look onto Yoongi’s direction upon hearing he called her name. I didn’t know what he was thinking about and why would he calls her. The only thing I know was that I shouldn’t feel nervous. However, I can’t stop my heart from beating so fast just by hearing her name.

I turn my face a bit just to see her stand up from her table. My heart kept pondering with every step she took toward out table. I couldn’t explain why in my eyes, she was stunning even when she just wear a common school uniform. Every step she took, elegant never leave her side, especially when smile always decorate her face. Well, perhaps I just madly in love with her more than I think I am.

“Can I help you with something, Yoongi?” she said and I’m already melting on the inside just by hearing her sweet voice. Unknowingly, I smile.

“Are you free today, after school?” he asked.

“Yeah, a bit. Why?” she said, after thinking for a bit. I never once got tired of looking at her, especially now that I have an opportunity look at her closer.

“Can you help me? I mean, help my brother, Jimin, here. Can you?” hearing my name being mention, I snap my head to look at Yoongi. I frown, wondering the reasons why he should mentioning my name.

“Help him with what?” she replied.

“Well, this is embarrassing but he failed, once again, in math test.” I groan and face palming myself. My face felt hot from the embarrassment. All I wish right now is to disappear into the air. I didn’t know what she think of me knowing that I was stupid.

“So, I kind of thinking that maybe you can help teach him. You know that I, myself, not very good to be the one teaching him math, and I think that you’ll be able to teach him better. So, can you please teach him?” he continued.

“Hyung, it’s-” I said in smaller voice, but got cut off by her answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter