Credit Her Effort

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: She was a fighter. She really was. I’ve watched people tear her down and then ask for her help, and she would help them. She would spend hours helping them. I’ve always admired and hated that part of her


Young Ji was invited by Jihyo to grab some dinner together after she is done with her interview and photoshoot. She also wanting to spend and catch up with each other since it been years they have met each other. She keeps looking at Jihyo and Kim Jaejoong from the corner of the room the interview of “Code Name: Jackal”. 

As she is looking at Jihyo, she is wondering about whether Jihyo ever realizes that there is one part of her that she admires and hate the most, a part of her where she never take credit for her effort, not even a slight credit. Her eyes then look at Jaejoong and she narrows her eyes at him without making it obvious. Something inside of her twisted. She didn’t know what exactly is it but it make her wanting to explode.

However, she knew the reason behind her twisted feeling. She actually was there with Jihyo when he approaches Jihyo for some favour. He wants Jihyo to teach him about acting but in secret and Jihyo being herself, she agrees without hesitation. Even with Jihyo help, he never acknowledges nor thanks her for the help. He even stated that it’s natural and it one of his talent. 

He take all the credit and Jihyo seem didn’t mind at all. He even gains the favour of most of his senior actor and actress of the movie. She has heard all the rumours about him, and she even heard it from his own mouth, accidentally. He was on phone at that moment when he bragging about his acing skill to his friends.

Young Ji knew that Jaejoong wasn’t really fond of Jihyo and he is one of the people that weren’t looking forward for her to joining their company. He talks bad about Jihyo and he also the one who sales her picture with Baek Chang Joo to the reporter. How does Young Ji know about it? She actually found him accidentally when she went to the parking lot after dinner with Jihyo and Chang Joo. She has a bad feeling that night but decided to push it away.

She keeps looking at both of them during interview. She didn’t know whether Jihyo truly didn’t know or she just too kind to not take any credit about it. She approach Jihyo after they are done and she can feel that her expression turn sour. Jihyo bring her toward her dressing room to change her cloth to her normal attire.

 “You do realize that he never going to thank you, right?” Young Ji says breaking the silence in the room. She sits on the couch while waiting for Jihyo to finish changing.

“What are you talking about, Young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter