Past Secrecy

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : She not the kind who need saving. She became her own knight in shining armour, she forged her own sword and put on her own armour, she stepped into the flames with no fear of burning, and she carried the weight of the world when no one asked her to. She became more than a saviour; she became her own hero. 

*Requested by : LilaPandas
*Continuation of  Different Voice and The Undecided

 

 

 

"Why are you keep chasing her? She wasn't your type." Jiho suddenly says. 

Jiho, or Zico, and I have been friend since I starting to work in this company. Both of us are actually newly recruited and we begin to become friend since then. It's been a year and half since our friendship started and we just kind of clicked with each other. He become my best friend that I've been searching for. 

"Who?" I ask and turn to my right to look at him, ditching the work I'm currently doing. 

"Song Jihyo. Who else?" he says and rolling his eyes at me. Some people might see it as a mocking but not for me. It's not the first time he done it to me but I know him. It just his character to be like that and I'm okay with that. 

"What about her?" I ask as I'm still feel a bit confuse on what kind topic that related to her is he talking about all of a sudden. 

"I ask, why are you keep chasing her? It wasn't like she was your type." he says, repeating his previous question, which I didn't catch before. 

"What do you mean by 'my type'?" I frown. I didn't remember if I ever tell him about that. As far as I can recall, which is not much, I couldn't pinpoint when did I say that to him. 

"Don't you remember? When we were at the club, you said that you like someone who you can guide. Someone who can make you feel like the they needed protection. Someone who kind of damsel-in-distress." he explains and the memory hit me. I now know when did it happen. 

"You're saying that she wasn't one?" I say and turn back to the front, facing my work before continue doing it with my ears still listening to his rant. 

"Yeah. She far from what you want. She not the kind who need saving. She became her own knight in shining armour, she forged her own sword and put on her own armour, she stepped into the flames with no fear of burning, and she carried the weight of the world when no one asked her to. She became more than a saviour; she became her own hero." he says. 

I didn't know that he can be that literate while describe a person. All this time that I spend with him, he never sound that cool before. Not even once. But if you ask me whether I ever feel embarrassed by him, I would say many times. Well, you can say that I'm a bit impressed by him, in that part but not in the other part. Back to the situation, I smirk a bit and look at him, before I decided to correct the way he think about her. 

"That's where you're mistaken. You might see her as her own hero but I look at her as a victim of her surrounding. You might see no fear in her but I see someone who need to be rescue. She is someone who will do anything by herself rather than to ask help from others and fall once again." I say and I can see he got confused. I actually not surprised by his reaction because I kind of predicted it before. 

"What make you think like that?" he asks with a frown. 

"Because I know her, far longer than you do, and I know her long enough. She might seem different in front of others but she completely fragile when she is alone. That one of the reasons why I couldn't leave her alone. And you just wouldn't get it." I say with a smile. However, he still frowing and I can see confusion written on his face. 

"She wasn't different in front and behind people. I see her outside our working hours and during work. She wasn't different at all." he says in defence, still not believing my words. But, I couldn't blame him in that matter because to be honest, she was different. 

Song Jihyo. The girl that I save from jumping from the rooftop 7 years ago. The girl that unconsciously have pulled me down from the edge and become the reason why I want to keep on living. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter