The Undecided

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : The world is cruel, ugly, and pitiful.  

*Requested by : LilaPandas 
*The continuation of Different Voice 

 

 

 

He standing on the rooftop, looking at the place surrounding his school ground. People might see the beauty from the burning sun, the beauty from the blooming flowers, or perhaps the beauty of the place by itself. But for him, all he can see are the gloomy feeling it produce and the depressing vibe it give to him. For him, the world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Perhaps more but not less than that. 

He keep staring at the people on the ground. He can see three kind of people, which are people in a group, in a pair and alone. However he knew that none of them share the same view as he is. He can see people laughing and chattering among the group. Some can be seen sitting between some books, perhaps making themselves ready for the upcoming test after the recess. Some people can be seen sleeping and some of them are playing on the school field. 

But all of them give out the same vibe for him. A positive vibe that he couldn't see coming from the world. At least not for him. A vibe that he, himself once had but no longer possess. It took him a lot to hold onto the last piece of it, but at the end, it just slip right away in front of him. Leaving him will all these negativity and the cruelty he felt. 

He then break his view on the ground and lift his head to look at the building outside the school's ground. He look at a house and envy the people living in that house. He can see parents escorting their small children outside and enter the car. He can see smile on their faces, perhaps excited on knowing that they are going out. He can see the car drive away from the house. He envy the house and envy the people inside it. 

Home. One of the things that he didn't like to go to. It is not one of the place that he want to spend most of his time,  not now and not even in the past. Home is a place which make him feel like a trash. A place which make him want to leave if he ever had that chance. A place which he gladly leave behind without ever thinking much. A place that forming his view of this world. A place which introduce him to alcohol and drug. 

He is grateful that he not attached to any of it even though his whole life surrounding by it. It's one of the thing that he feel grateful of. Other than that, he couldn't think any of it. His life wasn't started as horrible as it is now, but he actually have a pretty normal life when he was small. However, everything in his life change when his father got addict to gambling and worst, jump himself into the world of alcoholism, which he know that it's hard to be saved. The worst yet come because his world is crumbled down when her mother involved in the drug abuse. He know the very reason for his mother to be that way, and it is because of the pressure of the debt, that his father started. 

Starting from that day, his normal life was slipped away, further and further away. Peace no longer exists in his dictionary. Everyday he come to the place that give him the shelter in a storm, he will be greeted by the view that he most wanted not to see. Looking at his parents destroying themselves, killing him softly in the inside. He know he wants to be free but he got stuck. 

He shrug the thought of his broken family and look at the current view in front of him. He know that he got many things that he wanted to do in this life but he got no motivation left. Nothing really able t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter