Finally Peace

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Here, in the forest, dark and deep, I offer you eternal sleep
 

 

“Open this ing door! Hurry up!”

Her drunken mother keep knocking the door. Jihyo actually fallen asleep after she is done with her chores. She already tired after working extra time and she didn’t get any time to rest, up until now. She is awake by her mother voice, demanding for her to open the door.

She knew that her mother is drunk and she surely know that she will be beaten up again just because she late to open the door. Her mother usually get in by herself using the key she brings along. However, there are time when she is too drunk to use the key and decided to let Jihyo to open the door. Jihyo got up quickly and open the door. She keep on praying that she will survive that night. If she is lucky enough, she will be sleeping with just few bruises instead of broken bones. 

Unfortunately, the first thing that she receive after opening up the door is a push by her mother. A push so hard that made her trip and fall down hardly on the floor. She can feel that the push she received is full with hatred and anger. She can see that her mother is furious with her. Her mother grips her arm tightly without any mercy and forces her to stand up from the floor, and facing her directly on the face.

Jihyo stands up only to falls again on the floor when she received a slap on her face. A slap so hard that causing her lips to bleed. She didn’t know what she has done to be treating this way. Her mother grabs her chin so hard and nails can be feels piercing her skin. She can see anger, disgust, and madness lay on her mother’s orbs. Her mother slaps her again so hard and she can feel her face become numb due to the pain. 

She wants to protect herself but her heart prevents her from doing so. She knew the only way to lessen her mother’s pain is by keep receiving her blow. Even though she is treated like a piece of trash by her own mother, she never hates her because she is her mother after all. Her father left her when she is 10 and never come back again. Since that day, her mother has change and never the same again.

“It is hurt? You deserve more than that, you ungrateful child!” she spat her words with full of venom.

Even though she hears it every time her mother got mad, but it never numb her heart from the pain. Her mother’s words alone are enough to rip her apart in the inside. It causes both physical and mentally pain for her. Her mother kneels beside her and grabs her hair fully in her hand just to snap her head backward onto the floor. Her mother forces her to face her. She whimpers and holds her mother hand, trying to reduce the pain from her head. Her head starting to spin but she keeps fighting to stay conscious.

“He left me because of you, ! Did you realise it, huh? If I knew, I should just abort you when I knew I was pregnant. I should throw you away when I got the chance!” he said ignoring her whimper.

“All you do is burdening me, you useless child!” her mother says and pushes Jihyo head onto the floor. She stands up and spit on her face. Her mother kic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter