Lesson Learned

The Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : "I don’t like school. There are too many judgmental fools"

**Requested by : exodus_25 on 27th Sept

 

 

The day is sunny and nothing wrong with it but here I am, sitting alone while looking at all the people around me. Just watching and nothing more. It wasn’t that I was waiting for anyone but I just need some time to escape. Escape from the reality or perhaps running from my responsibility.

“May I take this sit?” a voice asks, startle me from my daydream.

I look at her, wondering if she is someone that I know but nothing come out from my memories. I look at her attire and I can say that she is one of the employee in this shop, based on the apron she wear on her waist. I take a look at her smiling face, and I didn't have the heart to reject her request. Besides, I'm all alone and there is no use for me to use two chairs. So, why not give it away. 

“Help yourself, miss?” I say, hesitate. I couldn't see any name tag on her cloth, like the other employees in this shop, thus making me a bit hesitate on what to address her as. 

“Just call me Jihyo.” she says as she take a sit in front of me, still giving me a smile. More accurately, she still has that same smile on her face. 

“Okay, Jihyo.” I reply and I can feel the awkwardness begin to grow within myself. I'm not sure about her. Well, you can say that I don't really care because I didn't have the intention of pleasing her. Besides, it wasn't my job to please anyone. 

“Thank you for the sit” she says and I only reply with a nod. I take a sip of my drink and continue looking outside the shop. Looking at nothing.

“Can I ask about something?” she speaks again when there is no words exchange between us for a while.

I knew that this moment was coming because she keep on looking at me since she took that sit. How did I know? Well, you can say that I can feel her glace. Besides, I can see her reflection on the windows every time something pass by the shop. I just pretending to look outside, when the truth is, I keep on stealing glances. I didn't know why but her being there making me uncomfortable on my seat. 

“About what?” I say and look at her, wondering what exactly her questions are. Perhaps she is the same as the other at my school that judging me even when they didn't know me. 

“Please don’t get mad at me, but I’m just wondering about something. Well, something related to you.” she says. To be honest, her statement started making me feel a bit uncomfortable and a bit annoyed as I can feel that it might ruin my day. 

“What is it?” I say, making myself ready for her question. 

“Sorry for being a busybodies, but why aren’t you going to your college when you are supposed to?” she asks and it making me frown. 

“Excuse me?” I say. I didn't know who she thinks she is for asking such question.

“I’m s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter