The Wedding and Au Revoir…

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They made it for lunch. Sohyun met a couple of Seung Ho’s maternal aunts and uncles who had joined them for lunch. They were curious to see the actress and also Seung Ho’s girlfriend. They chatted with her and shyly requested for autograph as requested by their children, which Sohyun happily obliged.

 

Unnie was happy and excited to see Sohyun. “You’ve tried the dress, right? It should fit you well.” Sohyun nodded enthusiastically. The dress did fit her perfectly. “It was so pretty, Unnie. Thank you,” Sohyun gushed. Unnie was delighted that she clapped her hands. “Sohyun-ah, you’ll join me at the party tonight, right?” Unnie asked. “Noona, Sohyunnie is not going drinking with you,” Seung Ho interrupted. “I wasn’t asking you Seung Ho. Sohyun can decide for herself,” Seung Ho’s sister admonished him. “Noona, I brought her here. It’s my responsibility. With all that drinking that's going to happen at the party, I don’t think you can take care of her safety and protect her from the press,” Seung Ho retorted. Sohyun put her hand on his lap, “Oppa,” Seung Ho wanted to protest but Sohyun just smile at him. “Unnie, I’ll go to the party but I can’t stay long. I hope that’s ok.” Turning to Seung Ho, she smiled sweetly at him, “Oppa, you’ll pick me up after a couple of hours?” she placated him. “After an hour!” Seung Ho replied firmly. Unnie protested. “One and a half, earlier if the drinking starts to get out of hand. I will call you then, promise” Sohyun tried to find an amicable solution between the siblings. Seung Ho grudgingly agreed. Omma and Appa were glad lunch finally went back to a friendly atmosphere.

 

When Seung Ho and Sohyun entered the rehearsal room, his sister’s friends who were on the other side of the room, gasped and several of them ran towards them. Seung Ho had warned Sohyun that his sister’s friends could be a bit overzealous when they see him, so Sohyun was prepared. This time though, they crowded around Sohyun and asked for autographs and photos. Seung Ho was happy to step back and he smiled as he watched them idolizing his princess. Before long, they dragged him into the ruckus to take photos with them too. His sister was standing at the other end, very used to it and waited patiently. After fifteen minutes, his sister lost her patiences and her voice boomed from across the room. “Hey, the bride and groom are here, on this side of the ballroom!”

 

The rehearsal and the dinner after went smoothly. When the groups split up to two parties, Seung Ho reminded Sohyun to call him as soon as it gets uncomfortable. At the party, Unnie’s friends were keener to find out about Sohyun and Seung Ho. Someone asked about any marriage plans but Sohyun denied. Unnie explained that Sohyun was too young to get married at 27.

 

Seung Ho could not enjoy himself at the groom's party as he knew no one else except for the groom and also, his mind was on Sohyun. One and half hour later, Seung Ho promptly arrived to whisk Sohyun away.

 

Sohyun was chatting with Seung Ho and his parents when his sister got home. She was a little bit tipsy so Sohyun helped her to her room and get ready for bed. As they lay down on the bed, Seung Ho’s sister spoke, “Sohyun-ah, thank you for being with my brother. Since you came into his life, I’ve seen him changed. He grew up too fast in a difficult industry, where he didn’t like some of the things he saw.  Hence, he struggles to be comfortable. Personally, he shouldered burdens at an age when he shouldn’t have a care in this world, something you probably could understand. As he grew up, his experiences with others have not necessarily been good, people wanted to be close to him because he is Yoo Seung Ho the actor, and not of who he is as a person. He didn’t enjoy school, he discovered false friends over the years so he stopped making new friends and remained close to only the few that you know. He became insecure about himself and socially awkward. But you’ve changed that. I can see he is now more comfortable with who he is, more self assured. Your love gave him the confidence he needs. I know my brother loves you a lot. He needs you. Please, don’t leave him.” Sohyun listened quietly and tears slowly trickled down her face. She went through similar challenges and she realized why it was so easy for their hearts to find each other. They both needed the other, they found solace in the other.

 

The wedding was beautiful. Sohyun attracted as much, if not more attention than the bride and she tried so hard to make herself as inconspicuous as possible, so as not to distract attention away from the bride. When she walked down the aisle, many guests stood up to take her photos. Amidst the flashes of light, she saw Seung Ho, standing near the front with his parents, his eyes on her, smiling. Seung Ho had been on the look out for Sohyun, who would be walking down the aisle with the other bridesmaids. He stood up when she entered the room. She looked so beautiful, angelic even as she glided down the red carpet. He could not keep his eyes off her and they held each other gazes even from across the room.

 

After the bride and groom had said their vows, Sohyun sat down with Seung Ho at the family table. Seung Ho held her hands under the table and whispered that he thought she was so beautiful, even surpassing his sister. “But ssshh, we have to be kind to her,” Seung Ho joked. Sohyun giggled. They ate a little before excusing themselves to greet their friends at the other table.

 

Onthe way to their friends’ table, Seung Ho’s relatives stopped them and he was asked to introduce his girlfriend to them. His relatives gushed at her, proclaiming her beauty, asking about her and when they were getting married. Sohyun blushed and shook her head shyly. “Why not?” his Aunt asked. “Don’t wait too long.” Seung Ho was surprised to see immediate denial from Sohyun but he smiled and nodded to his relatives. This happened at several more tables before they reached their friends’ table.

 

Sohyun went to her girlfriends who Seung Ho had also invited. “You look so gorgeous!” Jieun and Minjun both exclaimed. Sujin nodded with a big smile on her face. Sohyun thanked them for the compliments and also for attending the wedding. It was nice to see familiar faces. The guys also said hello, everyone was excited that there are other celebrities at the wedding. Seung Ho promised to introduce them later. They chatted a bit before moving on to another table of Seung Ho’s friends.

 

It was a table of the celebrities, with L, You Ram, Xiumin, IU, Kang Ki Young, So Ji Sub, Park Chul Min, and Park Min Young. Seung Ho placed two security personnel at the table to manage his guests’ safety in case the ther guests at the wedding gets overzealous. Seung Ho introduced Sohyun to those that she did not know personally. So Ji Sub greeted Sohyun and then patted Seung Ho’s arms, “You chos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter