Our new adventure begins

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Seung Ho-oppa

Oppa, Taecyeon-oppa has offered to walk me down the aisle. I have said ok.

 

Seung Ho saw the message a couple of hours later as he was filming earlier. He called Sohyun immediately. “What the heck was that?” he hissed, furious. Sohyun laughed. “Sohyun, please,” Seung Ho was frustrated. “That was a joke, an effective one it seems,” she replied as she continued to laugh.

 

Seung Ho breathed in deeply. “Sweetheart, I was filming. If you wanted me to call, just text me. I’ll call you immediately the moment I can, you know that” he tried to speak as calmly as possible. “It’s not about expecting your call. I wanted to check if you actually paid attention to any of my messages. What ever I ask or tell you on the wedding matters, you are ok with everything. I just wanted to see if you actually paid any attention to the content,” Sohyun explained.

 

Seung Ho had been busy with filming and the photoshoots relating to his drama. The drama was going to premiere the following week and schedules had been hectic. They had not seen each other since the meeting with the wedding planner. Hence Sohyun, who had finished filming her pre-produced drama, had been shouldering all the wedding plans. He felt guilty about that but was left with no choice. He did read the messages. He had entrusted the wedding plans to Sohyun and he trusted her to do what’s right. He wouldn’t want to put a spoke in the wheel of the plans when he was not in a position to do anything about it.

 

That night, he called Sohyun’s brother. “Could you let me into your place? I’m on the way now,” Seung Ho told him. “Ok, hyung. You want me to wake Noona up?” he asked. “No, please don’t disturb her sleep. Could you spare me clothes too? I don’t have any with me to sleep in. It’s a last minute thing,” Seung Ho explained. Mrs Kim had offered on several occasions for Seung Ho to sleep over but he had declined. But he knew he had been neglecting Sohyun for the past weeks and he missed her too.

 

When he got in, he showered and changed to tee and sweat pants. He then slowly clambered into Sohyun’s bed and put his arms around her. Sohyun woke up and turned drowsily towards him, “Oppa?”. “Shh.. sweetheart, just sleep,” Seung Ho murmured. “Don’t you have filming tomorrow morning?” Sohyun asked. “Yes, at 9. So, lets sleep. I’m tired” Seung Ho closed his eyes. Sohyun took her phone and set the alarm. She snuggled in his arms, enjoying the warmth and they slept peacefully.

 

The next morning, Sohyun woke up first and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Her mom was surprised to see her up and about in the kitchen. “Do you have schedule this morning?” Sohyun explained about Seung Ho appearing at 2am in the morning to sleep. He had schedule that morning and she wanted him to have proper breakfast. Mrs Kim helped Sohyun to prepare it when Seung Ho woke up and walked pass the kitchen. “Good morning” he greeted them. Both turned to him and returned his greetings. “Oppa, I put a fresh toothbrush at the sink. I’ve put my brother’s clothes in the toilet too,” Sohyun told him. Seung Ho nodded and went to the bathroom.

 

When he came out, he was back in the tee and sweatshirt and sat down at the dining table where breakfast was served. The family were all seated waiting for him. “Oppa, you didn’t change your clothes?” Sohyun asked. He shook his head, “I will drive home for a quick change before going to the set. Its along the way,” Seung Ho explained.

 

Over breakfast, Sohyun told him about the wedding plans and what had been planned. Seung Ho listened intently, putting in a comment here and there. “I’m sorry to burden you with everything,” Seung Ho said apologetically. Mrs Kim assured him that everyone understood that he was very busy. At the door, when he was leaving, he kissed Sohyun lightly but she clung to him. “I missed you so much and I get just that?” she pouted playfully. She then kissed him passionately before letting him go, panting. Seung Ho grinned.

 

His drama premiered and the ratings soared. Everyone had looked forward to the drama; his comeback drama coupled with his last drama as a single man attracted huge attention. Ratings went through the roof and there was huge interest globally. Seung Ho was happy that it was successful but the success of the drama presented even more headaches for him since there were now huge interest for CFs, interviews and overseas promotions when he was already running on borrowed time. Sohyun was ecstatic for him. “We’ll figure it out Oppa,” when she spoke to him and he told her about the demands on his time.

 

That night, he went back to Sohyun’s place to discuss his schedules. As he ate his late dinner, Sohyun read out the reviews of the drama to him. “Oppa, I know everyone wants your time now. And, it is important that you do give them some of it. You’ve been away for too long,” Sohyun told him. Seung Ho gazed at her, and then softly said, “I cannot continue to be so unfair to you. I thought after filming ended, I can have more time with you. And also help out with the planning for our wedding.” Sohyun smiled widely. “I am more than happy to do this for us. I just need you for the photoshoot and the second fitting. The rest have been settled or can be done without your presence. So, go ahead,” Sohyun told him happily. Seung Ho was still hesistant. “Oppa, this is for our future,” she looked at him brightly. Seung Ho set aside his food and went to her. Pulling her into a hug, he held her close. He was so grateful to have been blessed with her.

 

Filming was over and they immediately flew to Jeju Island. Seung Ho had insisted on 3 days photoshoot since he also wanted to spend time with Sohyun. For that 3 days, they took photos in several wedding outfits and also casual clothes. They had photos by the beach, at beautiful fields full of flowers, in various gardens, forest and even on a yacht. Between photoshoots, they had meals at various restaurants, attracting quite a lot of interest. They happily obliged the autographs and photo taking requests. They even met G-dragon when they were at his Café Aewol Monsant for tea. G-dragon offered his café for their photoshoot too. At night, they would lie in bed and talked about their impending married life, sharing their expectations and their wants. Those three days were precious as Seung Ho and Sohyun spent time together.

 

When they got back, Seung Ho was busy with his CFs, photoshoots and interviews. Due to a special request by one of the online magazine, Seung Ho and Sohyun did an interview together followed by a photoshoot. They were asked about their love story and their challenges. “You are one of the celebrity couple that went through some hard times together but still remained strong. Both were each other’s first loves. It would have made a good drama, don’t you think?” Seung Ho and Sohyun smiled. “Maybe, we are not sure people would be interested though. But we don’t wish the hard times we’ve experienced on anyone else. Our wish is for the industry to recognize that even actors are normal people that need to love and be loved. Our life in this industry is challenging enough and it be lonelier if we can’t be in a relationship.” Seung Ho said.

 

A week later, they were reviewing their photos from the wedding photoshoots and were having difficulty picking their favourites as they loved all the photos. As they were going over them, Yoonho asked, “Where are you going for your honeymoon?” Sohyun looked up smiling. “We are going to New Zealand, its winter there at this time of the year. We both love winter,” she explained. “Hmm.. do you want me to explore a wedding photoshoot in New Zealand for you while you are on your honeymoon?” he asked. Seung Ho looked at Sohyun who shook her head. “The photos here are already so beautiful that we are having a hard time to pick. Anyway, we would be doing an overseas photoshoot for a magazine when we come back from our honeymoon. That should be enough,” she smiled radiantly.

 

Times flew by and it’s their big day. The wedding planner had arranged for a big marquee to host the wedding reception. As it was surrounded by beautiful flowers and greenery, it looked like dining in a huge garden. The ceremony itself will be at the greenhouse. They built a reception area to receive the guests and a special bridal area and changing room next to the greenhouse.

 

Sohyun and Seung Ho were in the changing room chatting as the stylist did the last touch up on her dress. Omma came in and called out to Seung Ho, “Seung Ho, stop hovering around Sohyun. Your guests should start arriving soon. You need to greet them.” Then she turned to Sohyun, “You look lovely Sohyun-ah.” Sohyun smiled.

 

Seung Ho quickly straightened out his clothes, and went to Sohyun. “You look beautiful. I see you later sweetheart,” he beamed and leaned to kiss her when the stylist in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter