Insecurity

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun was invited to participate in the variety show Knowing Brothers. After she had signed up, she found out that she would be guest with Yeo Jin Goo, Nam Ji Hyun and Park Hyung Sik. She looked forward to it as she had not met Jin Goo for a long time. Coincidentally, she was also scheduled for CF photoshoot with Jin Goo for a clothing line a couple of weeks after filming the variety show. The variety show would be a good place to break the ice as they had not seen each other for a while. Seung Ho was not too happy about it since Jin Goo had many times indicated openly his interest in Sohyun. Sohyun just laughed it off, “Jin Goo-oppa is my good friend.”

 

Typical in a variety show, there were games.  In one of the games, they were told to act out a scenario on how they would confess to their crush in high school. The guests were paired up, Hyung Sik with Ji Hyun and Jin Goo with Sohyun. Hyung Sik did a smooth confession that made the whole group laughed heartily when Ji Hyun gushingly accept. When it was Jin Goo-Sohyun’s turn, the casts were teasing Jin Goo to ensure his confession would beat Hyung Sik’s. 

 

Acting out the scenario, Jin Goo sat next to Sohyun and sweetly confessed, “Sohyun-ah, I’ve watched you for years and I’ve always found you to be amazing. I would like to be your boyfriend” and he kissed her cheek. Sohyun was stunned at the kiss, her face turned bright red and she was rendered speechless. Everyone else laughed and teased Jin Goo that it sounded like a real confession from him. Jin Goo just continued laughing. After a couple of minutes, Jin Goo saw that Sohyun was clearly embarrassed, so he apologized. Sohyun was finally able to recover from it and hence also laughed it off as a joke. That scene, when shown on TV received huge attention because it was rarely seen on TV such impromptu kiss. It led again to speculation about their dating status.

 

Seung Ho didn’t watch the show when it was screened on TV as he was in a meeting that ended late. The next morning, as Manager Lee drove him to a filming site for a CF, he decided to watch it. He was very upset and felt like throttling Jin Goo. He tried to contact Sohyun but she was in class, so, he texted her instead.

 

To Sohyunnie

Call me.

 

Sohyun saw the message and her heart sank. She knew that Seung Ho-oppa was angry because of the kiss from Jin Goo. After they filmed the variety show the previous week, Sohyun thought of telling Seung Ho about it but decided that she should not make it into a big deal. They have agreed that filming with kisses were not a problem. And this is just a peck on the cheek. She was prepared to stand her ground that there was nothing to even be concerned about it.

 

Seung Ho had to take 5 minutes to calm himself before filming the CF. Fortunately, as a good and professional actor, he was able to focus on the character required in the CF. Towards the end of filming, Sohyun call him. Excusing himself from the set, he walked quite a distance from everyone else to take the call.

 

“Sohyun, what was that I saw on Knowing Brothers. How could you allow Jin Goo to kiss you on the show?” Seung Ho questioned. “Oppa, it was not planned. He did it without giving me any notice. It was just a joke,” Sohyun explained. “A joke? It was clear to everyone that he was confessing on national TV and he top it off with a kiss! And you have no problem with that!” Seung Ho whispered angrily.

 

Sohyun was upset and she thought Seung Ho was being very unreasonable, but she still tried to reason with him, “Oppa, please. It was a scenario, it’s not an actual confession. Jin Goo-oppa wanted to beat Hyungsik-oppa’s confession. He is just being competitive. And the kiss, I thought we agreed kissing is not an issue. We are not supposed to give it any weight. It was a peck on the cheek and I didn’t even kiss him back.” “We talked about kissing in a role, not in a variety show!” Seung Ho stated angrily. They continued arguing for a few minutes.

 

Sohyun bristled with indignation because Seung Ho would not listen to any explanation. She knew further conversation will just made them get angrier and more upset with each other. “I don’t think I can talk to you now. You are clearly angry and anything I say, you would not listen. Let’s talk when we can actually discuss this properly. I’m putting down the phone now. Bye Oppa.” Seung Ho stared angrily at the phone and he was so mad that he wanted to curse. He needed some time to cool himself down before he could complete his filming.

 

That night, they went to the lookout point. They started to discuss calmly but before long, the arguments started again. Seung Ho could not move from his opinion that it was Jin Goo’s confession on national TV. “Oppa, even if it is, it’s his, not mine. Why would it still matter?” Sohyun tried to get him to see the big picture. Seung Ho kept quiet initially and then commented “You didn’t reject him either. You laughed along with him. That, is accepting it or at least not a rejection?” Sohyun looked at him flabbergasted. “Seriously? What do you expect me to say then, when I was shocked at the kiss itself?” Sohyun was getting truly upset.

 

“Then do this for me, cancel the photoshoot with him that’s scheduled next week. That’s your rejection,” Seung Ho suggested. Sohyun looked at him incredulously. “No!” and she turned her face away. She was almost bursting into tears, but she did not want to do it in front of Seung Ho-oppa. She looked away, controlling herself. “Not even for me? You won’t cancel it even if it is important to me?” Seung Ho pushed, his voice trembled. Sohyun turned and stared at him, “Oppa, you know I’ll do what you ask, if it was reasonable. Please don’t turn this into, if I love you, I’ll cancel the photoshoot. Don’t belittle my feelings.” They went home still upset with each other.

 

Sohyun called Sujin and told her what happened and cried bitterly. Sujin listened and consoled Sohyun and arranged to meet her after school. When the girls met at Sujin’s house, Sujin tried to explain Seung Ho’s point of view so that Sohyun could better understand where he was coming from. However, they all agreed that Seung Ho should not have pinned th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter