Epilogue

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want you to look at this drama favourably. It’s just right your alley,” CEO Man passed a script to Sohyun. Sohyun scanned through the synopsis and raised her head, “Isn't the lead for the drama is..?” “It’s Yoo Seung Ho. You did a drama with him about 4-5 years ago? Maybe you don’t know him since you don’t have any scene together,” CEO Man cut in. “Come back to me in a couple of days.” Sohyun nodded.

 

On the drive home, Sohyun thought of Yoo Seung Ho. She had huge crush on him when she was younger. They met several times during the filming of the drama I miss you; at the script reading, photo taking for the posters, at the wrap up party and once, on the set he was filming. The meet up at the filming set was the only time they spoke.  She had hoped that he would speak to her during the wrap up party since they were already introduced and even took photo together at the filming set, but he didn’t. She caught him staring at her a couple of times and he did acknowledge her presence but he did not speak to her. She was disappointed especially since he left soon after for MS. Clearly, he had zero interest in her, probably think she’s a baby and had no time for the likes of her. Sohyun nursed the hurt she felt and slowly tried to get over her crush. When he came back, she was touched to see him crying when he saw his fans. He then appeared sophisticated in his pictorial for Grazia, and as she pored over his photos, Sohyun’s heart still beat for him but she pushed it aside. Now she wondered if she could act opposite him in a romantic role. Sohyun closed her eyes.

 

“Hyung, you can put that ball in” Dong Wan encouraged Hyungjun. The ball didn’t go in and it was Hong Ki’s turn when Seung Ho’s phone rang. “Sorry guys!” Seung Ho apologised as he picked up his call and walked to the side of the billiard room.

 

“Yoboseyo. Yes Hyung. Ok. Kim So Hyun?” He started to smile. “Ok thanks Hyung.” He stood still for a moment, his mind thought of the girl that had just confirmed to be the leading actress opposite him for his new drama. This going to be fun, he thought.

 

“What was that? Work?” Hong Ki asked. “Hmm..” he nodded as he positioned himself to hit the ball. It went in and he smiled broadly. The next ball didn’t go in but the smile was still playing on his lips. The guys stopped and stared at Seung Ho. He stared back, “what?” Dong Wan took a step forward. “Spill the beans. What is it that made you smile like a buffoon?” Seung Ho grinned, “My manager just told me that Kim So Hyun would be my co-lead for my new drama. It’s nice to have someone younger as my love interest for once.” Dong Wan widened his eyes. “That Kim So Hyun of Lets Fight Ghost?” Seung Ho nodded and he couldn’t stop grinning. “Waaa... you had a crush on her years ago!” Seung Ho was shocked that Dong Wan remembered. He blushed. “That was then. A short lived one.”  “Don’t bluff. I’m sure you keep her photo on your phone. Give it to me, let me check,” Dong Wan tried to get his phone. Hong Ki joined in trying to get his phone too. Seung Ho dodged both of them.

 

On the way home, he thought of the crush he had on Kim So Hyun. He noticed her during the script reading of I miss you drama; a very shy, polite and very pretty girl. Her acting was great even at such a young age. When they happened to be at the same filming set, he could not take his eyes of her. They took photo together at the prompting of the PD. He tried to be professional yet friendly even though he was a nervous wreck inside.  The video of that BTS attracted a lot of attention and many fans noticed his interest. After many fans commented on it creating unnecessary waves, he decided to stay away. Their was too big and she was so young. It would have been a scandal. But he always had a soft spot for her and followed her journey over the years. And he stared at her photo, saved under favourites, whenever he was exhausted or feeling down while serving MS. Somehow, looking at that sweet face, he felt peace and it lifted his burden.

 

Sohyun was having dinner with Jiwoo at a restaurant when Jiwoo asked about Seung Ho. “You must be excited about working with him.” Sohyun smiled weakly. “Honestly, not really. I had a huge crush on him back then. I know he was not interested in me then, so I’ve killed the crush quite a while back. I hope it won’t be awkward. I know he’s professional on set. It should be fine, I guess.” Jiwoo patted her hands in sympathy.

 

When Sohyun told her best friends, Sujin, Jieun and Minjun earlier about doing a drama about Yoo Seung Ho, they were so excited. They were huge fans of him and together, all of them had been fangirling him since middle school. They’ve asked her to get autographs and photos from him but Sohyun was reluctant. She wanted to keep the relationship at working level only.

 

Seung Ho stared at his reflection and grimaced. What’s wrong with me? He thought. He had taken more care with his attire that day and even had a new haircut. It’s as if he was going on a first date instead of a script reading session.

 

Sohyun arrived early and after greeting everyone, she sat down. She chatted with the other casts before keeping herself focused on the scripts again. Seung Ho appeared and L and a few others greeted him. Sohyun’s heart started pumping fast but she kept a serene face and smiled as they teased Seung Ho. Seung Ho laughed at the jokes and sat down. When he was seated, Sohyun was surprised when he suddenly spoke to her, “Have you eaten yet?” Sohyun turned and nodded, “Neh” and was turning back to her scripts when Seung Ho continued amusingly, “I came here with no make up.” Sohyun could only laughed nervously. She turned and looked down on her scripts and wondered why was he suddenly so friendly.

 

Seung Ho arrived to teasing of the other casts. Sohyun was already seated and he wanted to establish a friendly rapport with her. So he started small conversation but he detected shyness on her part. Throughout the introduction and the script reading, he was very conscious of her presence. His eyes kept straying to her so he had to consciously look at others in order not to be obvious. It was a stressful script reading session.

 

After the script reading was over, Park Chun Mil came over to Seung Ho. “Hello,” he greeted. “Hello Sunbaenim,” Seung Ho bowed. “You are in a good mood today. Must be looking forward to this drama,” he commented. “I’m as usual, I always looked forward to a new project,” Seung Ho replied. “Not today. You are more animated and happy. You are even nicely groomed today, not that you don’t look good all the time. But today, you’ve smartened up. Its nice to see you smiling and not so serious looking all the time. I look forward to working with you again,” he ended. Seung Ho gave a sheepish smile.

 

L called out to him and he joined him outside the room. “Seung Ho, we are thinking of having a group chat among the four of us,” he pointed to Sohyun and So Hee. “We’ve heard that you usually don’t do group practice, but we would like that. We need you. Is that ok?” Seung Ho glanced at Sohyun who kept her eyes lowered. Smiling at L, he nodded. “Sure, lets exchange numbers. And I am ok with practicing together.”

 

They had dinner at the MBC building and started to get to know each other. Sohyun was quiet, offering informations only when questioned and most time, she just listened. After dinner, they found a room and practice some of the scenes together. L joked and Seung Ho joined in to lighten the atmosphere. So Hee was relaxed but Sohyun was still a little bit uncomfortable.

 

That night she called Jiwoo. “Unnie, help!” Jiwoo was shocked. “what happen? Tell me,” Jiwoo worried. “I thought I am over him but when he arrived, my heart started to pound and my hands get all clammy. And then, he had to be so nice and friendly. My crush is back, with a vengeance,” she wailed. Jiwoo laughed out loud. She thought something bad had happened. Jiwoo wasn’t surprised that Sohyun was still attracted to Yoo Seung Ho. Over the years, she had commented several times about wanting to act against him. She often wondered about how he was doing in MS, lapped up news on his activities in MS, waited for his discharged and was just immersed in his activities after he was back. Jiwoo knew that Sohyun keeping the distance to protect her heart. “Relax, just take it as it comes. It seems he wants to be friends. Take the friendship. Whatever happens after that, let it come naturally.” Sohyun breathe deeply. “Araso.”

 

A few days later, Seung Ho and So Hyun met at MBC for photoshoots and filming for the trailers to be shown at MBC award night. Sohyun was still shy but she made effort to be friendlier. Fortunately, they didn’t have to spent much time together as most of the phototaking and filming are done separately. Seung Ho asked if she wanted to practice for the award presentation, but she decided they can do a quick run through before the event itself as it would have been scripted and there wasn’t anything much to do. Seung Ho was disappointed. It seemed that Sohyun only wanted to keep the relationship professional.

 

On the drama award night itself, Seung Ho was ushered to the back stage early as both Seung Ho and Sohyun wanted a quick practice before their turn. He was reading his cue cards when Sohyun appeared and greeted him shyly. He looked up from his card and smiled. He had not seen her dressed up closely before and she looked even prettier in real life. His earlier thoughts of keeping her at arms’ length went out of the window and he only wanted to get to know her better. They practiced and he cracked a joke and Sohyun laughed softly. Well, at least she laughed, he thought.

 

Sohyun was more relaxed at the next two script reading sessions and their subsequents practices. She was surprised to see Seung Ho’s boyish charms and with L at his side, the two often joked around. She had to scold them to be more serious and focused. So Hee was happy to just join the guys in their jokes. Over meals, they would chat about music and general things, and Sohyun started to contribute more of her thoughts as she became comfortable with them.

 

Seung Ho was adamant in getting closer to Sohyun, so he made a point to chat with her or be near her whenever possible. They had quite a lot of scenes in the beginning, where the mood was lighter and it made it a lot easier to get to know each other better. He was pleased to see Sohyun slowly lowering the walls between them and she started to talk more animatedly and join in their jokes. L was key, as his presence reduced the tension between Seung Ho and Sohyun. What came as a surprise to him was how mature Sohyun was. She was respectful, carried herself well, well mannered and her thoughts was very mature for someone so young. She was also independent and very professional with her work. He had expected to have to guide and lead her, but there wasn’t a need to since she was so capable and experienced.

 

Seung Ho could not help but be drawn to her. Often his eyes would drift towards her, staring at that pretty face and he would unconsciously smile. L had on several occasions but he always had a comeback for looking at her or being somewhere near her. He knew he should control himself and not be too obvious about his feelings for her, but it was difficult. Even in their chats, he belatedly realized, that he more than Sohee.  He was also enjoying the friendlier Sohyun, and he basked in happiness at her smiles and laughter.

 

Everyday before filming, Sohyun had to psyche that they can be friends, just good friends, nothing more. Seung Ho was very nice, fun to be with, dependable, helpful and lead well. She enjoyed being with him so much that she was becoming more enamoured by him. She didn’t want to spoil the atmosphere by expecting more than what it was.

 

Sohyun was nervous about that day filming. There would be skinship between them as they were filming the scene at the garden where she contemplated her father’s passing. During practice, Seung Ho did not touch her at all, but the way he stared at her made her legs go weak. It was a sad scene, so she focused on emoting that but the moment, his lips touched her forehead, her heart pounded rapidly. It didn’t help that he gazed at her in a way that make her felt butterflies in her stomach. Even as they bid farewell to Jeon No Min sunbaenim, Seung Ho kept giving her looks that made her blush.

 

That night, Seung Ho lay on his bed and thought of Sohyun and the light kiss on the forehead. He could still remember the softness of her skin and her faint sweet smell. He sighed. He was falling for her and falling fast, when he shouldn’t.

 

Its been several weeks since they filmed together, and Seung Ho missed her badly. He looked forward to that day’s filming and they would be riding horses together. They travelled out to the location early in the morning in different vehicles and he was briefed that Sohyun had a flight to catch later in the evening because of another schedule. The moment his eyes caught hers at the location, they held each other’s gaze before Sohyun turned away after giving him the sweetest smile.

 

A few days’ later, Sohyun was reading a magazine while being styled when the stylist who was doing her hair spoke, “Sohyun-ah, did you know that day when you and Seung Ho-ssi had the accident with the horses, Seung Ho-ssi was injured?” Sohyun looked up amd caught the stylist’s eyes at the mirror and held the stylist’s hand. “What did you say? He insisted that day he wasn’t,” Sohyun quickly said. “Yes, its because he wanted the filming to be completed since you had a plane to catch,” the stylist explained. “Are you done with the hair?” Sohyun asked urgently. The stylist nodded and Sohyun quickly ran out to find Seung Ho.

 

She met a cameraman and approached him, “Did you see Seung Ho-oppa?” she asked quickly. The cameraman pointed to another area, “I saw him walking towards that area. Probably sitting at the bench there to study his scripts.” Sohyun ran towards that said area immediately. The cameraman turned towards the stylist that had followed Sohyun out, “What happened?” “I told her about Seung Ho-ssi’s injury and I think she was concerned,” she explained. He shook his head, “I don’t think Seung Ho-ssi wanted her to know because it would be burdensome for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter