Into your world

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite not having any drama to film, Seung Ho was busy with multiple CFs, photoshoots and an MV. He was working long hours daily for the past couple of weeks. He was exhausted and when CEO Kim called him about a drama, he finally blew his top. “Enough! CEO Kim, I'm not a robot. I need a break,” he refused to even hear the offer.

 

Seung Ho was on the set of filming Lovelyz’s MV. It was on a cold day with threatening clouds on the horizon and Seung Ho was feeling uncomfortable because one part of the MV required him to run into the sea in the rain. He had to do this several times under fake rain. Towards the end of the shooting, it rained heavily and the PD decided to take the last few shots in actual rain for a more natural effect. By the end of the shooting, Seung Ho was cold and drenched and he could not wait to leave the site.

 

The next day, he woke up with a fever and a throbbing headache. He texted Manager Lee asking for help in getting some medication as he could not even get up without being dizzy. When Manager Lee arrived, he saw that Seung Ho was in a bad shape and brought him to the nearest hospital. He called Seung Ho’s family and texted Sohyun.

 

To Sohyun-ssi

Seung Ho is unwell. He has high fever. I brought him to the hospital. You should not come to visit him. I will update you regularly.

 

Sohyun was in class when she saw the message. Her hands trembled and she ran out the moment her class ended and called Manager Lee. “Manager Lee, what happened?” Sohyun anxiously asked. Manager Lee told Sohyun about Seung Ho filming in the rain the day before and he was drenched. The doctor had just diagnosed him with pneumonia. His immunity was weak because he had not had enough rest.  They would treat him for a couple of days, and if he responded well to the treatment, he could go home to recuperate. “Manager Lee, may I see him, please?” Sohyun pleaded. “Sohyun-ssi, I don’t think it’s a good idea. Because of how it happens, his illness will get some news coverage. The PD and crew are here apologizing for yesterday, people from Woollim and our agency are here and its quite a mayhem. Anyway, Seung Ho is sleeping now. I’m sure he will call you when he could. Let’s see when things are more settled,” Manager Lee advised.

 

Sohyun called Hyungjun and begged him to help her see Seung Ho when it become possible. Only after Hyungjun promised her several times, that Sohyun was able to calm down. She went through the day in a daze, checking her phone for messages on Seung Ho and the internet for any news update. The PD and crew received a lot of hate for filming in actual rain, with talks of possible suits and the agency was condemned for pushing too many activities on its actors, without giving them sufficient rest.

 

In the evening, Sohyun received a text from Seung Ho while she was in the library.

 

To Sohyunnie

Hey Sweetheart. Don’t worry about me. I’m ok. I just needed some rest. Can’t talk to you now, too many people. I talk to you later, k? I love you.

 

Sohyun had been on tenterhook the whole day that she burst into tears of relief upon reading the message. Students around her stared at her sudden tears and she just ignored them. She checked the news and saw a pale Seung Ho being interviewed on his bed. He told everyone that he did not blame the PD and the crew. He hoped the unfortunate episode would be a learning point for everyone. He was not going to sue and thanked everyone for their well wishes. The news and fans thought Seung Ho was being too kind to the PD and agency.

 

That night, Hyungjun called Sohyun. He managed to speak Seung Ho, who wanted him to assure Sohyun that he was fine. But he also knew that Sohyun would still worry until she saw him. So, they had agreed that the only possible time to secretly visit was early morning, around 5am. Hyungjun thought 3 or 4 am would be better, but Seung Ho was concerned it would be too early for Sohyun. Seung Ho did not want Sohyun to make the trip if possible, since it was still a risk. But Sohyun insisted, so Hyungjun made arrangement to pick her up.

 

When she arrived at his room, she saw Seung Ho propped up on his bed, waiting for her. He smiled at her but his smile was weak and he looked pale. She sat on his bed, holding hands and they chatted quietly. Seung Ho assured her that he will get better soon after some rest. Reassured, she left half an hour later.

 

Two days’ later, Seung Ho went back to his own home as it is nearer to the hospital. His mom stayed at his place to take care of him. Although she still can’t visit him, Sohyun cheered him through messages and phone calls. A couple of times, she spoke to Omma to find out about Seung Ho’s condition.

 

Sohyun was about to have her dinner when her phone rang. She saw from the caller ID that it was from Seung Ho’s sister. Excusing herself, she went to her room to pick up the call. “Yoboseyo Unnie. Is everything ok?” Sohyun asked. “Yoboseyo Sohyun. Is it convenient to talk?” Seung Ho’s sister asked. She continued when Sohyun agreed it was,

 

“I need a big favour from you. You can say no if it is not possible. It would be ok. On Wednesday, I need to bring Omma and Appa for their monthly checkups. They have several check ups on that day and we always arrange it on one day so that we just do one trip to the hospital. Omma doesn’t want to go this Wednesday because she wants to take care of Seung Ho, who is still weak. But if I were to postpone it, it would be for several appointments and we are not able to get them rescheduled on one day. So, I am wondering if it is possible for you to care for Seung Ho on that day. I think Omma would be comforted if you were the one that took care of Seung Ho. We need to leave around 9.30am but we would be back before 4pm. I know you have to think about the various precaution, so let me know if it is even possible. But if you can’t, it is ok. We’ll make do”. Sohyun promised to give it some thoughts and will come back.

 

After dinner, she discussed with her girlfriends. She wanted to take care of Seung Ho-oppa. Her only concern was the risk of being found out. After they’d discussed it, they thought it was possible, but they need Seung Ho’s sister to pick her up from a private location. Sohyun called Seung Ho’s sister and made the necessary arrangement.

 

On Wednesday morning, Sohyun dressed in black with a hoodie, packed some books and change of clothes and left to meet Seung Ho’s sister. His sister was very grateful and profusely thanked Sohyun. Arriving at Seung Ho’s house, Omma grabbed Sohyun’s hands and hugged her tight, “Thank you Sohyun. I don’t want to leave Seung Ho alone and I feel much relieved you would be the one that’ll be caring for him while I’m away.” Sohyun assured Omma and Appa that she was happy to be able to care for Seung Ho-oppa.

 

“He woke up at 6am this morning to take his medication and he is asleep now. He should be up around 10am. He insists on taking a shower every day, so Omma has put his clothes in the toilet. But he still gets dizzy when he stands up. So, there is a stool in the shower area. You just need to help him get to stool. He can manage himself then. But Omma has reminded him not to lock the toilet door in case of emergency. While he showers, could you change his bedsheet? He perspires because of the fever; hence the bedsheet tends to be drenched with his sweat. There is porridge for him and his medication, all labelled, are on the kitchen table. I have also made you some food. You just need to heat them up before eating. Please be comfortable in his house,” Omma explained in detail. Sohyun nodded and assured Omma she would do her best.

 

After they left, Sohyun changed into comfortable tee and sweatpants. She peeped into Seung Ho’s room and found that he was still sleeping. She walked around his house looking at the photos and memorabilia. She also played with Seung Ho’s cats who seemed to be feeling down too, very much aware that its owner was not feeling well. Surprisingly, she did not see any of his drama trophies. Sohyun grabbed a book and decided to sit in Seung Ho’s room as he should be awake soon.

 

Seung Ho opened his eyes and called out to his mom. He blinked his eyes a few times and closed it again. I really missed her that now I’m even seeing her face instead of my mom, he thought. He opened his eyes again and it was still Sohyun’s face peering at him. He stared hard and Sohyun’s face smiled at him and said “Wakey wakey sleepy head. Its

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter