Navigating our lives

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Ho was driving Sohyun to the filming set and had to listen to grumbles from her. “I really hope he turned up this morning. I really don’t understand PDnim for tolerating it. It must be one big egomaniac actor,” she fumed. Seung Ho was having a hard time trying to keep the smile off his face. “I think you need to calm down. You do need to act with this egomaniac anyway,” he advised. “You agree, right? This guy must have too much ego. I wonder who it is. But don’t worry oppa, I am an actress, I can pretend. I text you the moment I find out who it is,” Sohyun continued. After dropping her off, Seung Ho parked his car and went into the allocated trailer which would serve as his dressing room for the day.

 

“He will be here in a couple of minutes, are you ready?” PDnim asked Sohyun. She glanced up, nodded uninterestedly and returned to her script. She heard cries of excitement and gasps and figured out the big-headed superstar had decided to grace his presence. Putting a friendly face, Sohyun stood up and turned. Her heart stopped and she blinked furiously.

 

Seung Ho stood a couple of feet away, looking very handsome and with a huge grin on his face. “Hello, Sohyun-ssi. It’s nice to meet you,” Seung Ho teased. She was speechless that she could not get a word out. PDnim laughed, “We wanted to surprise you.” She nodded, her face crimsoned. Taking a step towards him, she returned the greetings. The crews were hootings and whoopings and she couldn’t help but smile, partly embarrassed and partly happy.


 

Seung Ho stood beside her and spoke teasingly, “please treat me kindly, I’m your egomaniac servant.” Sohyun slapped his hand and told him to stop with the tease. “Ok ok. But are you happy to see me?” he asked, his eyes crinkled with laughter. Sohyun glanced at him and realised she was actually delighted to have him.

 

 

They sat down and listened to PDnim giving out instructions. Seung Ho and Sohyun practised their scenes a couple of times before filming started. Both are such great actors and with their chemistry, the scene where they met for the first time captured their surprise and the tension between them. They moved onto the next scene before there was a break for lunch.

 

During lunch, they sat with the staff and PD. Someone asked how it felt to be dating openly. Sohyun replied that they went through both, having a secret and open relationship, and she definitely preferred being open. It relieved some tension from the relationship. But she was still unhappy that they still could not go shopping publicly. However, she felt the added pressure when she act romantically with an acting partner, she had to step up her game to ensure that it was believable enough and that the public would not be reminded that she had a boyfriend. Seung Ho paused from eating and turned to look at her. She felt his stare and turned to look back at him, “Wae?” she asked. “Should I be worried? Would it be better for me not to watch your romantic scenes?” he asked seriously. The crew around the table started to snigger at Seung Ho’s sudden show of jealousy. “Its acting, just acting,” Sohyun said shyly and a blush spread across her face. “It better be,” he mumbled to himself softly as he continued eating.

 

The next scene filmed was when Seung Ho’ character, Jinyoung begged Sohyun’s character, Yeon Hui to leave her fiancé and be with him instead. “Is what you have with him called love? Does he make your whole body sing when he held you or kiss you? Like this?” And Jinyoung pulled Yeon Hui, into an embrace and forcefully kissed her hungrily. Yeon Hui resisted the kiss, struggled to get away until she was overcome by the passion of the kiss and started to respond to it and the kiss ended up being passionate. When they broke the kiss, she stared at him for several moments before softly she said her thank you and then goodbye. She then walked away without looking back. Jinyoung shouted and told her if she doesn’t come back, he will be gone forever. Yeon Hui, continued to walk stiffly away with tears streaming down her face.

 

The kiss was really hot and passionate that the crews were silent as they watched and there was a collective, “woah!” when it ended.  The way their body moved as the kiss went from forced to acceptance and finally passionate was subtle but detectable. The camera was able to capture Yeon Hui’s body went from rigid to finally melting in his arms as she surrendered to his kiss. The camera also focus on the faces of the actors, their taut features relaxing to a loving and passionate faces of lovers. The chemistry was off the charts. And the scene capturing Yeon Hui walking away with tears streaming down her face while Jinyoung threatening her to stop and then begging her to come back to him was heartbreaking. There was no NG, just additional takes for various angles. After the final scene was filmed, the whole crew gave a thunderous applause.

 

PD came over and thanked Seung Ho for his good work. As they chatted, one of the staff approached. “I posted the stills for the first meet between Yeon Hui and Jinyoung, and looked at the excitement it created within a couple of hours only. From the tablet, they saw that BTS still was trending @No1 on Naver, with fans being excited to see Seung Ho back on the small screen and a lot of gushing over the chemistry of Seung Ho and Sohyun. PD smiled and commented, “The excitement just from the still is this good, wait until they watched the drama.” The staff was so excited and now looking for a picture of an almost kiss to tempt the viewers further.

 

They took photos with the staff and Seung Ho did a short interview on the cameo role before it was time for him to leave. Sohyun still had additional scenes to film, so she walked him out to the exit. As they reached the exit, Seung Ho turned to her, giving her a loving smile. “Let me know if you need me to send you home.” She nodded. He lowered his head and gave her a light kiss on the cheek. Sohyun flushed and when he closed the door behind him, she turned and saw the crew sniggering at her. There was some teasing at how loving he was and what a cute couple they were.

 

Seung Ho was smiling as he drove home. He decided to call Manager Kim. “Hyung, are you busy now?” he asked politely. Manager Lee was happy to get his call. “I’m good Seung Ho. How was filming?” he asked. “It was good, very good. In fact, it was so good that I think the acting bug is biting me now. So, could you let CEO Kim know that I am opened to acting again,” Seung Ho casually mentioned. Manager Lee was very pleased to hear that.

 

Seung Ho’s cameo received a lot of attention for various reasons; it was his first acting in a long time, he was acting opposite his girlfriend and the chemistry between them as seen from the stills was palpable. Sohyun was at his place for dinner when they sat together to read the various commentaries. “Do you think we should do a romcom or melo together?” Seung Ho asked. Sohyun thought about it for a few minutes before replying, “I enjoyed our acting the other day, but I don’t really want to do that again, in a drama or movie as a romantic couple.” “Why?” he asked. “I think, its difficult to separate the romantic feel in the drama and private. I had problem with that, and I realized it was done well because we put our personal feeling into it. I acknowledged that in acting, we convey the best emotion when we can relate to it. But, for our personal feelings, our intimacy to be on public display, I realized, I wasn’t comfortable with that. I want that to be just between us.” Seung Ho nodded, agreeing.

 

A few day’s later, Producernim approached Seung Ho while he was working with the production crew. “Seung Ho, the station is very happy with the travelogue. The response has been very good, you saw the ratings right, so they want an extension. Well I call it extension but they call it the initial agreement. They want the 24 episodes in the initial agreement. Could you do it?” “Oh, do I have time?” Seung Ho asked. “I think if you leave second week of January, it probably will take you 6-8 weeks to do 4 countries. From now till then, you can do your research. I'll assign someone to help you especially the logistic part,” Producernim suggested.

 

Sohyun was working that night but Seung Ho needed to give his response the next day because of planning required at the station and the production house. He found her on the set, waiting for her turn. Surprised, she was very happy to see him and they walked a little further away to cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter