All the sweetness in the world

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun woke up to find herself half plastered over Seung Ho’s body. She slowly adjusted herself as she raised her body at his side. With her hands supporting her chin, she stared at him, drinking her fill of his sleeping face; calm, relax and so boyishly handsome. She remembered shyly how he had, throughout the night, showed how much he wanted and loved her. He was tender and loving in his touch that it was so intoxicating that all her inhibitions were washed away. It gave her courage to also show her wants and needs for him with total abandonment. They finally slept in the early morning. Being with him, she felt secured, comforted and loved. And she loved him with every single fibre in her body. He was hers, only hers.

 

She closed her eyes tightly to say a prayer of thanks for bringing him into her life. When she opened her eyes, Sohyun found him staring at her, with a quizzical smile on his face. She reached up to him and kissed him lightly. “Sleep, my handsome king! I didn’t mean to wake you up.” She said teasingly. “Are you hungry? Is that why you are up?” Seung Ho asked, drowsily. She shook her head. She lay her head on his chest and put her arms across his body. Seung Ho her hair and fell asleep again.

 

When she thinks Seung Ho was deeply in sleep, Sohyun slowly removed herself from his hold and tiptoed quickly into the bathroom. Seung Ho opened his eyes and saw her scurrying into the bathroom. He smirked and close his eyes again.  After her shower, she changed into shorts and tee and settled at the sofa with strawberries from previous night and freshly brewed tea. She messaged her mom and friends, surfed the internet for news updates in Korea and checked her SNS as she nibbled on the strawberries and sipped her tea.

 

Seung Ho appeared, freshly showered in shorts and tee too. “Sweetheart, come let’s go down for breakfast.” Sohyun turned towards his voice and smiled. “I think we missed breakfast. It’s almost lunch time.” “Is it? So, we have time then, and he approached her as he winked lasciviously. Sohyun shrieked as she shrank away and he laughed. “Then let’s walked around until we find a café that served something that takes our fancy.” He pulled her up into his arms and kissed her soundly.

 

They walked along the small alleys, stopping at shops and taking photos of themselves and of the view. They found a bistro serving seafood in spicy broth where they excitedly sat down, looking forward to piping hot bowls of seafood in spicy broth with bread. After the first spoonful, they both looked at each other and laughed. Although the broth was flavourful, it wasn’t spicy at all. They had to asked for chilli flakes to add that extra kick to it.

 

After lunch, they continued their walk and found the street housing the luxury brand stores. Sohyun wanted to check it out but she felt under dressed for the stores. “No one would be bothered about what we wear,” Seung Ho assured her as he put his arms around her and dragged her into the store, confidently ignored any unwelcome stares on their casual dressing. The moment Sohyun entered the store, her eyes fell on a bag and she immediately fell in love with it. The bag would be perfect with the dress she was planning to wear to their dinner that night, but it was rather pricey. “I’ll pay for it,” Seung Ho offered.  Sohyun declined. “Oppa, I’m also a working girl, I can buy my own stuff,” and she walked away. Seung Ho just followed Sohyun as she continued to browse around and found another bag that she also fell in love with. “Oppa, don’t you think this is beautiful too! I’m in love!” she exclaimed excitedly. Seung Ho raised his eyebrows, “Do you fall in love that easily? Now I don’t feel special at all.” Sohyun skipped to him, “You are extra special!” she whispered and kissed him on the cheek. “Ok, I’m set.”

 

“Sweetie, could you help to choose something for Unnie and Omma, oh and for your mom too. I like to get them one each,” Seung Ho casually mentioned. Sohyun glanced at him. “Why such extravagance!” He chuckled, “Actually I rarely buy anything expensive for my family. Since we are in France, let’s indulge them. The Producer was generous with the bonus anyway.” Sohyun nodded. “But you don’t have to buy for my mom. I can do it myself. I got bonus too,” Sohyun thought that it was only right that she should buy for her own mom. “No, let me earn some brownie points. And also, it's my way to thank your mom for letting you be here with me,” he smiled.

 

While Sohyun chose the bags for the ladies in their family, Seung Ho picked a wallet for his dad and Sohyun’s brother. Seung Ho had on the sly, included the first bag that Sohyun wanted. When they were paying for their purchases, the manager made small talks, “Sir, are you here on your honeymoon? The two of you look so beautiful together.” Seung Ho and Sohyun blushed. Tightening his hold on Sohyun’s hand, Seung Ho replied, “Yes, we are on our honeymoon. Cannes is a beautiful place.” Sohyun looked up to Seung Ho and he winked at her with a smile. When they have settled their purchases, they had so many bags with them that they decided to take a taxi to their hotel, even though it was an easy walking distance.

 

They put down their bags in the closet area in their suite and eyed them. “How are we going to bring all of this home?” Sohyun turned to Seung Ho. “Hmm.. Looks like we need to buy another luggage bag just to carry these new bags!” Seung Ho commented wryly. “Ok, I’m exhausted. I going to rest for a bit before we get ready for dinner.” He lay down on the bed and set the alarm on his phone. Sohyun looked at him and she was undecided whether to join him in bed. She decided to arrange the bags they just bought into the closet. “Sweetheart, come here. I’m sure you are tired. Let’s rest before dinner.” Sohyun was still uncertain. Seung Ho could see that she had various thoughts running through her head. “I won’t bite, I promise!”  

 

Sohyun joined him in bed, but kept her distance. He chuckled and pulled her in closer into a hug before he closed his eyes. Sohyun, reassured, closed her eyes too. Her eyes shot wide opened when she felt Seung Ho’s hand underneath her shirt. “Oppa!” Seung Ho laughed, “Ok, ok! I’ll be a good boy. Let’s take a nap.” And this time, both fell asleep until his alarm rang.

 

They showered and dressed for dinner. It’s a fancy dinner place recommended by the concierge, with live music and dancing. Seung Ho read the brochure and thought it would be an interesting experience for them. When he was ready, Sohyun was applying the last of her ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter