Their life after

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun walked into her bedroom in a daze. After she put aside her luggage and her handbag down, she sat down on her bed. Hugging her pillow, she sighed, “I miss him.” She took out her phone and texted Seung Ho to let him know that she was safely home. Her phone rang immediately. Its Seung Ho-oppa.  She was surprised as it was early hours in Doha.

 

“Yoboseyo” answered Sohyun, “Why aren’t you sleeping?” Seung Ho chuckled. “I can’t sleep without you in my arms. Ottoke?” he whined. She giggled. “You had a good flight? No fans disturb you at the airport?” Seung Ho asked, his voice concerned. “It was ok. There wasn’t anyone at the airport this morning,” Sohyun assured him. “What are you planning to do today?” Seung Ho asked. “I’m still tired, so I’m going to take a short nap. I’m meeting the girls this afternoon. We’ll probably have dinner together. I have to keep myself awake until tonight so that I get over the jetlag quickly,” Sohyun explained. She heard her mom calling her. “Oppa, I got to go. Omma is calling me. Please get some rest. Call me when you’ve arrived in Seoul.”

 

After a quick chat with her mom, Sohyun napped till lunch time. At lunch, her brother asked about the vacation while her mum listened. She gave them the souvenirs and presents from herself and Seung Ho. Her brother was so pleased to receive the wallet that he was immediately off to his room to transfer his stuff into the new wallet.

 

Her mom looked at the bag slowly. “He didn’t have to buy me a present,” Mrs Kim said calmly. Sohyun looked at her mother. “I told Oppa the same thing. I wanted to pay for it but he refused. He was buying for his omma and noona, and he wanted to buy one for you too. He said, he wanted to earn brownie points and to thank you for allowing us to go on vacation.” Sohyun waited for her mom’s reaction. She saw a flicker of emotion on her mum’s face, but it disappeared in a second. “Tell him, thank you.” And her mom rose to clear the table.

 

Sohyun stood up to help, but her mom told her not to. She turned to go to her room when her mom stopped her again. “Did you really have a good time? Why do you look so down?” Sohyun slowly turned towards her mom. “I had a wonderful time, Omma. But now I missed him, and it’s back to seeing him on the sly, occasionally” Sohyun said sadly as she turned back to her room. Her mom looked on, not knowing how to console her daughter.

 

That afternoon she met the girls. Her friends were delighted to receive gifts from her vacation especially the perfume she picked for them. They were excited to hear about the vacation but Sohyun wanted to keep the whole experience to herself. To her, no matter what she said, she could never express her full feelings in words. She told them it was beautiful and amazing, and that Seung Ho-oppa had planned it well.

 

On the way to dinner, Sohyun saw some stuffed Kakoa talk characters in a shop. She took a picture of Ryan character stuffed doll and sent it to Seung Ho.

              To Seung Ho-oppa

          Could you get me this? I want a relatively big one, please.”

 

During dinner, her phone rang and it was Seung Ho-oppa. Excusing herself from the table, she stood outside the restaurant to take his call. “Oppa, are you on the way to the airport?” “Hmm.. actually, I’m at the airport. Going to the lounge now. What were you doing?” Seung Ho asked. “I’m having dinner with the girls. They’ve asked me to thank you for the souvenirs. Oh.. Omma and my brother also said thank you for their gifts. I think Omma was especially touched.” Sohyun was happy to share. “That’s good to hear. OK, I shall not disturb your dinner. I wanted to know what about the Ryan character doll that you sent me. You want me to buy that for you?” “Yes, please,” Sohyun said sweetly. Seung Ho was perplexed why Sohyun insisted that he buy it for her. “Ok, I’ll get it for you. I call you when I’m back. Oh, would tomorrow be too soon to see you? I missed you” Seung Ho asked. “It’s never too soon to see each other, and I missed you too. But Omma has arranged some things for me. Another day, ok? Safe flight Oppa.” Sohyun wished him.

 

In turned out they were not able to see each other for several days. They spoke on the phone daily though and there was a movie premiering on the coming Thursday that Park Chul Min had invited both of them. They’ve both accepted the invitation but agreed that they should not sit with each other. “Let’s find a way to go home together?” Seung Ho suggested. Sohyun was not hopeful.

 

Sohyun arrived at the movie premiere and she greeted Park Chul Min and Baey You Ram, who were also there. She then sat down with Baey You Ram and was chatting away when L appeared with Woohyun from his group and Le Chae Young. They exchanged greetings. Woohyun was extremely friendly and could not tear his eyes of her. L asked Sohyun, “Is Seung Ho coming?” Sohyun was uncomfortable at the direct question on Seung Ho so she just shrugged. You Ram intervened and said, “He did mention he was coming. But I haven’t seen him yet. You wouldn’t know right, Sohyun?” Sohyun shook her head. L realized his folly and quickly changed topic. “How about supper after the premiere? I’ll check with some others and get back.”

 

A little bit later, Park Bogum appeared and after giving his greetings to Park Chul Min, came over to their seats and greeted them. Sohyun knew Park Bogum from the KBS Drama awards where they did the MC together. He then chose the seat next to Sohyun, which surprised both Sohyun and You Ram. Sohyun received a text message from Kim Yoo Jung.

 

From Kim Yoo Jung

Sohyun, I hope you don’t mind that Bogum-oppa is seated beside you. I need to deflect some heat from us. You don’t have to talk to each other, but just to be seen with you can help relief some of it. I’m sorry chingu to impose this on you. Thank you.

 

To Kim Yoo Jung

Araso. No problem at all.

 

A few minutes later, Seung Ho appeared and went to greet Park Chul Min. As he walked past them, he glanced at Sohyun and then Park Bogum but he didn’t stop. He came over after his greetings, to say hi to them too. He shook hands with Park Bogum and gave him a small smile but when h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter