When the unspoken words are the most important ones

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, why is it so hard?” Seung Ho was lying down, his hand covering his eyes, in a hut in the middle of Hyungjun’s farm. He came early in the morning and helped Hyungjun worked the farm, without saying a word. They were now resting from the morning work. Hyungjun just sat silently watching him as he knew Seung Ho was not asking for an answer. He felt bad as he saw his close friend going through a hard time.

 

“I love her. I tried my best to do what I can under the circumstances. Why isn’t it enough? Why can’t she trust me?” Seung Ho said sadly.

 

“I thought the two of you sorted it out the other day. Sujin told me that you met Sohyun and made up. Sohyun even told Sujin that the two of you are good,” Hyungjun interjected.

 

Seung Ho sat up and looked out to the farm, remembering how it has been since then. On the surface, it’s like how they were before. They talked and texted as usual, but the talks and texts have become polite and without the warmth and cheeriness of before. They even went for a drive which didn’t improve the feeling he has that there is now a distance between them.  “Yeah, we are good, as in we are not fighting. Yet I felt like she is so far away, like she is slipping through my fingers. I missed my Sohyun,” Seung Ho sighed wistfully.

 

Seung Ho wondered how are they going to work it out if she was going to be jealous of his co-star and not believed that it is just work. Hyungjun expressed surprised, “This does not seem like the Sohyun that we all know. She didn’t seem to be full of insecurities. And being in the industry herself, I would have thought she was in a better position to understand. Since, she would also similarly expect the same understanding from you.”

 

Seung Ho thought the same too, hence he was unsure why Sohyun behaved this way. “Maybe she does not feel the same way now,” he lamented. Hyungjun chided him, “Don’t you start this pity party on me. She loves you, we can see that clearly. And she’s not the type of girl that going to fall out of love with one guy just because other guys are interested in her.” That was exactly Seung Ho’s fear, that Sohyun may have been attracted to someone else on campus. He chose not to believe that was possible. “I think you need to work on her insecurities. Give her confidence in how you feel for her. Maybe you need to tell her “I love you” every five seconds, that could do it,” Hyungjun continued.

 

Seung Ho’s eyes suddenly lit up. “Hyung, thank you. I think I may know why. I need your help please. I got to go now, please ask the gang to make this Friday night free. I give you more details later.”

 

Friday night came. The girls drove to a greenhouse outside Seoul and met Seung Ho’s friends there. Sohyun, walked out of the car hesitantly and looked around for Seung Ho. She was not keen on the group outing because it would be even more obvious to her friends that she and Seung Ho-oppa were drifting apart. And she knew it is all because of her.

 

She had given their relationship a lot of thought, from how they started up to that day. She realized she was swept along in her emotions as her relationship with Seung Ho-oppa grew. But she may have gotten ahead of herself. Although Seung Ho-oppa showered her with a lot of attention and care, he had not confessed to her. He had never said he liked or loved her. She had presumed it and it was a mistake, a grave mistake on her part. Therein lie her insecurities, not knowing exactly where she stands with him. She allowed her insecurities and her fear to come between them. Despite attempts by Seung Ho-oppa to bridge it, she could not let it go.

 

“Sohyun, Seung Ho is waiting for you inside. We will be out here,” Hong Ki pointing at a gazebo outside the greenhouse that had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter