Just Us

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa, let’s go to Ko Lipe Thailand for our vacation,” Sohyun suggested excitedly over dinner at his place. “It’s not a common destination, a bit of a hassle to go but its doable. I read that it is still in pristine condition.” Seung Ho paused and tried to think whether he had heard of it. “Let me google it,” and he searched for images of the island and it was beautiful. “We can go over via Pulau Langkawi, Malaysia or Hadyai, Thailand. I think Pulau Langkawi is more easily accessible,” Sohyun was so proud of herself. “You are confident we won’t meet fans there?” Seung Ho asked. She nodded vigorously.  Seung Ho agreed to check it out.

 

Sohyun was busy with her internship and she was often working late. Sometimes Seung Ho would pick her up from work to send her home if she was working late on her own. Besides the few activities he had agreed to earlier, Seung Ho was free to plan their vacation. He decided to go on a vacation with his cousin to South of Thailand just before their trip as he would be going to Ko Lipe from Hadyai whereas Sohyun would be flying to Pulau Langkawi and take a ferry there, a day after him.

 

He booked the uppermost villa in Serendipity Resort, a small boutique resort on the southern part of the island. There are about 200 steps to go to the top villa and it accorded them the most privacy. It’s a large villa with its own private pool and an amazing view of the Andaman Sea, where you can request for your meals to be served in the villa. After he checked in, he was pleased as he stood outside the deck facing the Andaman Sea. It was peaceful, serene and breathtakingly beautiful. He was sure Sohyun would love it too.

 

He slept for several hours after he checked in as he was tired from the 10 days backpacking trip with his cousin. It had been fun to be close to nature and the locals, discovering the small villages and spending time with the villagers. With a few, simple English and a lot of hand gestures, they were able to communicate with villagers.

 

He woke up to his phone ringing, “Yoboseyo,” he answered drowsily. “Yoboseyo. Oppa, did I disturb your sleep?” immediately Seung Ho smile and his brain becoming more alert upon hearing Sohyun’s sweet voice. “Hi sweetheart.” He glanced at the clock on the wall and it was 6 pm. “I’m about to leave the house for the airport. But are you ok? You sounded tired,” Sohyun asked, worried. “Hmm.. I was asleep. I didn’t realise how tired I was from the trip and it was so good to finally be sleeping in a good bed. I think you would love the villa. It is beautiful and it has awesome view but it is a bit of a climb up to it,” Seung Ho explained. “It’s ok. If I can’t climb up, I have oppa to carry me, right?” Sohyun laughed. “Ok, I got to go now, I see you tomorrow.” Take care sweetie, I can’t wait to see you tomorrow,” Seung Ho smiled as he put down the phone.

 

Seung Ho was waiting excitedly for Sohyun at the ferry with Chat, a Serendipity staff. They spoke just before Sohyun boarded the ferry and now, almost an hour later, he can’t wait to see her beautiful face. He had rested since he arrived yesterday and now, he felt energized. His lips widened into a big smile as he saw the petite Sohyun, her face hidden behind sunglasses and holding onto a big straw hat on her head, walked towards the exit with her other hand dragging a small luggage bag. He whispered to the Seredipity staff and went into the waiting car.

 

A couple of minutes later, Sohyun stepped into the back seat of the car, next to him. Extending his hand, he took her hands in his, “Hi,” as he beamed in happiness. Sohyun giggled, “Hi yourself stranger.” The car drove off from the ferry. Seung Ho shifted himself so that he could hold Sohyun in his arms. “I missed you, badly,” Sohyun nodded, and she could not stop smiling from the sheer happiness to be with him again. Seung Ho leaned in and kissed her lightly. Sohyun blushed and her eyes shifted towards the driver who had discreetly kept his eyes trained on the road ahead. They chatted about her journey which was uneventful.

 

When they reached the villa, Sohyun was indeed mesmerized by the view as she stood on the deck. Seung Ho embraced her from behind and they stood still, enjoying the breeze and the amazing view. Seung Ho kissed her neck as he breathed deeply her sweet smell. “Oppa..” Sohyun whispered. Seung Ho tightened his embrace as he continued to pepper her neck with sweet kisses. He stopped only when they heard the arrival of the staff that brought up Sohyun’s luggage.

 

He passed Sohyun a menu. “Could you decide what we’ll have for dinner? I can pass it to Chat so that it’ll be prepared and served in our room later.” Sohyun nodded and took the seat on the deck to review the menu. When the staff left, Sohyun went to unpack her stuff. “Oppa, your clothes seemed newly laundered. When did you managed to get that done?” Seung Ho who was seated at the sofa in the room, looked up from a brochure, “Oh, I had that sent from home earlier. My cousin brought back my backpacking stuff.” Sohyun finished her unpacking and changed into a simple summer dress. She walked to him at the sofa, “I’ve unpacked.” She sat down besides him. Seung Ho turned to her, appreciating the simple beauty in front of him, as he smoothened the unruly strands near her face. “Do you want to rest or are you up for a walk at the main street of Koh Lipe before lunch?” “Walk, please. I had good rest on the flight. And I need to walk to loosen my muscle,” Sohyun gazed lovingly at him. “Come, lets go. It’s about 10 to 15 minutes walk before we get there.”

 

Holding hands, they walked the street lined with cafes and small shops selling beach related stuff and tours. Sohyun persuaded Seung Ho to buy a printed Thai beach shorts and she got herself a similar print. She then bought them a printed tee with Koh Lipe island in front. “Our first couple outfit!” and she giggled. Seung Ho shooked his head at the attire and gamely agreed to wear it on one of the days they were there. Sohyun saw some plaited leather bracelet and again wanted them to get a set. “What’s with you and this couple items?” Seung Ho asked incredulously. Sohyun had never indicated the need for such items to tie them as a couple, they knew it and that’s most important. Seung Ho, himself, had never placed importance on such things. Sohyun pouted, “Because you never suggested it before. But why not?” Then she sighed, “Fine,” and she returned the bracelets to the seller. Seung Ho pulled her to him, and placated her, “I’m not saying we can’t have it. I’m just surprise why we are getting all these couple stuff suddenly. Come, let’s buy it.” He signaled to the seller to have it packed.

 

They found a café and decided to have pizza for lunch as they would be having Thai meal for dinner. They enjoyed the pizza and Thai coconut drink as they watched other tourists. There were mainly European tourists at Ko Lipe. They walked further and looked at some of the tours to the nearby islands and decided they will ask the hotel to arrange for a trip the next day. There were spots of day spas offering reasonably priced massages and Sohyun wanted to try it. Seung Ho, after checking out the vicinity, decided against it. It’s quite open and if anyone were to find them, there was no where they can hide. “Let’s do it at our room. I definitely could do with a massage,” Seung Ho decided. He called the hotel and fortunately, they could arrange for a 1.5 hours massage in their room in 30 mins.  He also arranged for a private snorkeling trip to the islands the next day.

 

The two of them walked back and had a quick shower while waiting for the therapist to set it up on the patio. Both of them enjoyed the massage on the patio and their body relaxed as the experienced therapists loosen the knots on the muscles. They enjoyed it so much that they booked the therapist for the next day too. They rested on the daybed after the massage and dozed off.

 

They awoke to the arrival of Chat and his colleague to serve their dinner. Sohyun stood on the patio looking out to the darkness and enjoyed the light breeze. After the staff left, Seung Ho joined Sohyun on the deck. Glancing at Seung Ho, she murmured, “How serene and peaceful everything is. Thank you Oppa.” He turned her towards him, “I should thank you. Thank you for entering my life. For lighting my world, with your beauty, your love, your kindness, your laughter, with everything. I love you so much that I don’t think any words could express the depth of it.” He leaned and pressed the sweetest kiss on her forehead. A mark of his love for her. She closed her eyes as she felt his love enveloped her whole being. Opening her eyes, she stared into his deep, beautiful eyes “I love you,” she said softly. And they embraced.

 

Breaking their embrace, they walked to the table. It was set beautifully, with candles flickering in the light

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter