The first script reading

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa, have you received the scripts for the drama? I received the first four episodes,” Sohyun asked Seung Ho. “Yeah, I received it today, hyung dropped it off just now. Shall we go through before the script reading this Friday?” Seung Ho suggested. Sohyun agreed and they planned for Seung Ho to pick her up after her class later.

 

They went to the lookout point and had an early dinner first. Seung Ho brought pizza and drinks and they had dinner at the bench under the tree. It was nice to be able to sit outside the car enjoying the fresh breeze.  Although it was still daytime, the weather was cold and no one was around at that time. The lookout point was not a popular spot, possibly because it's quite difficult to get to if you were walking and it could only fit in one vehicle. So, if someone has parked in the spot, no one else could enter. There were few occasions when they found the spot occupied and had to drive away.

 

After dinner, they sat in the car and Seung Ho a mobile light so that they could review the scripts better. They started discussing the overall plot, characterisations and the portrayal of the characters at the various scene. “So, oppa, I was thinking at the first instance when they were introduced, there shouldn’t be any attraction. In fact, I think I would probably have a bit of fear, fear that I may end up having to work for you. Your character is not really that approachable. What do you think?” Sohyun asked. “Yeah, I think that’s correct. On my part, I would give my usual once glance over and ignore attitude but there will be a small reaction of being pulled for a second look which I would brusquely pushed aside,” Seung Ho commented. “That second look come from him unknowingly pulled of attraction for her,” Sohyun concluded. Seung Ho nodded.

 

They discussed the scripts for the next few days. On the day before the script reading, they also discussed on how they should be with each other. They agreed they would be friendly, but they would not show any PDA towards each other. “Com’on, can’t I steal a peck or two when no one is watching? Like this,” Seung Ho teased as he tried to land a peck on her. Sohyun laughed and wiggled her way away from him “No, no, you can’t. Don’t be naughty. You better behave.”

 

“By the way sweetie, I’ve asked Manager Lee to look for an apartment for me in Seoul. I think it’s about time I get an apartment here, easier to see you and attend to my schedules. I wanted somewhere nondescript but Manager Lee felt that those apartments would be too open to fans and may have security issues. So, he suggested one of those apartments which is popular among actors and idols as they have tighter security. I’m actually not a fan of those, they tend to be a bit too extravagant for my taste. What do you think?” Seung Ho asked.

 

Sohyun was surprised as she always knew Seung Ho-oppa stayed away from Seoul because he wanted his private life when he did not have any schedule. “Are you giving up your current apartment?” Sohyun asked. “Ani. But I haven’t decided if I would rent it out or kept it for those weeks when I don’t have schedules and you are busy. I’ll think of that later,” Seung Ho explained. Giving it careful thought, Sohyun gave her opinion that she thought those with better security would be better. Otherwise, Seung Ho-oppa might have a challenge of having reporters, fans and even sasaengs hounding his place and he would not have any privacy. Seung Ho nodded his understanding.

 

The next day, Sohyun arrived at the script reading early. There were only a few people in the meeting room. She took out her scripts and stationeries and was ready. She decided to text Seung Ho-oppa.

 

To Seung Ho-oppa

I’m here. Please remember, friendly only. Don’t keep staring at me, ok?

 

Seung Ho was walking towards the meeting room when he saw the message. He chuckled. “Hey, what are you laughing about?” someone tapped on his shoulder. Seung Ho turned and saw Park Chul Min besides him. Park Chul Min put his arms around Seung Ho and smiled. “Annyeong Sunbaenim. Are we having a Ruler reunion i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter