You are the risk I am willing to take

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CEO Kim stood up as Seung Ho entered his room. “Come in, come in Seung Ho, how are you? I heard the filming of the drama is going well.  You are handling all the stunts yourself.  Apparently, the director is impressed but make sure you take care of your body.”

 

Seung Ho nodded and took a seat in front of his CEO.  He was surprised being asked to come to the office when he was busy filming his drama. It would be over within four days, so it must be urgent to be called out now. He sat down and looked at his CEO expectantly, “Why do you need me to come to the office today when I still have some filming to do? Can’t it wait for Friday, as I would’ve be done by then.”

 

“Hmm.. I want to discuss this with you as early as possible.  MBC informed me about their award night on the 31st Dec. You’ve nominated for several awards, yourself and also together with Sohyun. They wanted you and Sohyun to perform something together; sing, dance, skit, or something but they will discuss exactly what that is much later.  It seems that Sohyun is good at this kind of things. I told them I am not sure you are comfortable doing any of those, and especially with Sohyun since there were a lot of shipping going on during the drama and I know you won’t be keen to restart that. So, should I tell them no?” CEO Kim looked at him.

 

“Let me discuss with Sohyun and see if she wants to do something that night. I prefer if we present an award together instead of performing.  As you rightly pointed out, I am bad at those. But I am comfortable with Sohyun, in fact, I plan to attend the award night together with her,” Seung Ho said.  He then noticed that CEO Kim looked stunned and had his mouth agape.

 

CEO Kim straightened up and asked “Are you dating Sohyun? Tell me.” Seung Ho chuckled, “Is that the only reason why I want to walk the red carpet with her? We are good friends, very good friends.”

 

CEO Kim was disagreeable about the two of them coming together.  The Ruler main cast would be seated in one table at the front, and that would already attract a lot of eyes on them.  If they were to arrive together, there would be scandals and hence it would distract from his new drama that will be released in the first week of January. “CEO Kim, I think you worry needlessly. I’ll get back to you.” Seung Ho bowed and left. 

 

CEO Kim texted Manager Lee to come and see him after sending Seung Ho to the filming site.

 

In the van, Seung Ho saw several missed calls from Sohyun and a text asking him to call her.  When she picked up the call, Sohyun quickly asked if he had met with his CEO.  Seung Ho informed her of what had transpired just a few minutes before.  Sohyun received the same message from her CEO but was advised against agreeing to do any performance with him. So they agreed not to do any performance.

 

Seung Ho then told her that he wanted to walk the red carpet with her at the awards night. “Oppa, that would create a scandal!” Sohyun gasped. Seung Ho was adamant as he saw nothing wrong with it.  He persuaded her to agree to it. Sohyun would only commit that she would think about it and discuss with her CEO first.

 

After he put down the phone, Manager Lee told him that he has been called back to CEO Kim’s office. “You know why he called me, right? He will ask me about you and Sohyun.” Seung Ho looked at his manager, who has been with him for years and who had always supported him quietly, sharing advice only when he deemed it was required. Most time, he trusted Seung Ho decision. “Hyung, you can be honest with him, there is nothing to hide,” Seung Ho calmly respond. “And what is that Seung Ho, are you in a relationship with her?” Manager Lee asked. “Isn’t any form of interactions between two people a relationship? Must I define that relationship for everyone? Isn’t that only important between me and Sohyun?” Seung Ho responded gently. Manager Lee looked at Seung Ho from the rear-view mirror and saw a good young man trying hard to manage his life within the restrictions of the environment around him. Seung Ho was very protective of his private life and he had hard times dealing with some of the expectations of being a celebrity.

 

After filming that night, Seung Ho asked Manager Lee to drive to Sohyun’s house.  He wanted to convince Sohyun to agree about walking the red carpet together. On the way to Sohyun’s house, without any prompting, Manager Lee mentioned that he told CEO Kim that Seung Ho seemed to be friendly with Sohyun but he had only seen them together with their friends. Seung Ho just thanked Manager Lee.

 

 As he arrived in her neighbourhood, he called Sohyun and asked her to go for a drive to discuss the MBC award. Sohyun refused the drive as she wanted time to think about it while not be pressured by Seung Ho. Disappointed, Seung Ho ended being driven home. 

 

After a sleepless night, Sohyun went to see CEO Man the next afternoon. She had thought through Seung Ho’s request and decided to agree to it. There have been precedents of co-leads in dramas attending drama award together. She started by agreeing not to perform at the drama awards which was met with approval from CEO Man. She then mentioned Seung Ho wanted to walk the red carpet with her and she agreed to do it. CEO Man sat up straight and told her a definitive no. No matter how Sohyun tried to convince him, CEO Man refused as he did not want Sohyun to be attached to any actor which could attract scandals. No matter how innocent a scandal is, it can hurt her reputation and career. Sohyun texted Seung Ho to tell him of her CEO’s decision.

 

Seung Ho arranged for him together with his CEO to go to CEO Man’s office to meet the CEO and Sohyun. He wanted to convince everyone together. When Seung Ho reiterated the plans, both CEO asked them if they were dating. Sohyun kept quiet but her heart was pumping wildly.

 

“Goodness. Again, the question about dating. Is that the only basis for us to walk together on the red carpet?  Sohyunnie and I, we have huge fondness for the drama, for the characters Lee Seon and Ga Eun. That couple received a lot of love from the fans and hence, we want to walk the red carpet together. Isn’t that reasonable? Call it a fan service if you must” Seung Ho explained as patiently as possible.  He did not realise that Sohyun was wringing her hands until it turned white. CEO Kim asked Seung Ho and Sohyun to leave the office first while the two CEOs discussed.

 

The two went to the adjoining lounge area to wait.  The receptionist gave them drinks and left them alone. Seung Ho noticed that Sohyun looked pale and checked on her. “Gwenchana, Sohyun-ah?” Sohyun nodded she was alright and that she was just nervous looking at how stern CEO Man was earlier. Seung Ho wondered if he went too far, too fast as commented by Manager Lee the other day.  He might have indirectly make it hard for Sohyun. “Sohyun-ah, if this is not something you are comfortable with, we will not go through it.  I’ll tell the CEO.” Seung Ho stood up to go to the CEO’s room. Sohyun held Seung Ho’s arm and shook her head.  “It’s ok, I j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter