Press conference and….

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Ho and Sohyun agreed to meet at the filming site early for breakfast. She had prepared some fried rice with eggs and kimchi, and they had it with coffee. There were a few crews setting up the set as the two of them ate. “Sweetie, can you not be too close with Junghyun hyung,” Seung Ho commented. “Com’on, you’re not gonna be jealous over this. Please oppa. You still don’t trust me?” Sohyun asked, pulling a face. “No, no, I trust you but I can’t help feeling jealous especially when I see that you enjoy being with him,” Seung Ho sighed. Truly he couldn’t help feeling jealous when he saw a guy talked to her or when she laughed with another guy. He knew he was being ridiculous. Sohyun looked around and saw that no one was paying attention to them, so she placed her hand on his and mouthed the words “I love you” and blew him a kiss. Seung Ho grinned and wanted to turn his hand over so he could hold hers but she quickly pulled her hand back and stuck her tongue out at him. He laughed.

 

They had short filming session that morning because they needed to get ready for the press conference. At the press conference, there were a huge build up of hype on the show and on the chemistry of the two leads. The station had posted trailers, posters and stills of the drama the past week and it had received strong response. Many commented on the chemistry between the leads, they looked forward to comparing the leads' chemistry in Ruler and this drama.

 

On stage, Seung Ho smiled with twinkle in his eyes as Sohyun approached him for the photo taking of the two leads. He felt so proud, standing there waiting for her to come to him. He held out his hand as she approached which she took as she walked closer to him, held it for a short while before sliding it up his arm. His eyes followed her since she walked up to the stage; he touched her hand on his arm lightly, before putting it down and then finally turned towards the press. They smiled, chatted and whispered to each other while they posed for the photographers. Seung Ho and Sohyun were aware that every movement from them were being scrutinized. But they have decided to face it head on and hence their actions were natural and relax. As they were not behaving inappropriately, everyone could see how comfortable they were together and their body language showed they were closed. And when they smiled at each other, they showed fondness.

 

One of the reporters asked during the interview session, “Seung Ho-ssi and Sohyun-ssi, your fans loved the chemistry between both of you during Ruler and they’ve asked for both of you to appear in a modern drama. You’ve both also indicated wanting to do the modern drama together. So, how do you feel to actually been offered that opportunity and how is the chemistry this time around?”

 

Seung Ho took the microphone first and smiled sheepishly. “Honestly, although I had openly indicated my interest then, I didn’t expect it to come true. So, I thank Directornim for giving me the opportunity to act in a modern drama with Sohyunnie.” He turned towards the Director and expressed his gratitude with a small bow. Facing the reporter again, “We had a good working relationship in Ruler and as everyone had noted, we had portrayed strong chemistry despite it being in a sageuk drama. Sohyunnie and I, we maintained contact after Ruler...” there were loud exclaims at that comment, so both Seung Ho and Sohyun laughed, “Let’s not get too excited. We do contact each other and we met for meals with some of the casts since filming of Ruler ended. We are much closer now, so, we are even more comfortable working together. Thus, I think you should expect even better chemistry between us in this drama. I am very happy to be working with Sohyunnie again this time. It is always an honour and pleasure to work with such a talented actress.”

 

Sohyun took over the microphone from Seung Ho, “Thank you Oppa. It is also an honour and pleasure for me to work with you.” Addressing the press, she calmly said “It was fun to work with Seung Ho-oppa in Ruler and as we know each other better now, it is even better this time round. We know each other's styles and are able to discuss on the approaches more openly. I think our chemistry this time round will be even better. Please look out for it.” Sohyun smiled.

 

“The two of you talked about the strong chemistry. One of the reasons that Seung Ho-ssi gave for wanting to act in a modern drama was because he could not express the romantic feeling as he would have like it in Ruler because it was a sageuk drama and romance wasn't the main theme. So Seung Ho-ssi, has this drama given you the opportunity to show your romantic feelings? How many kissing scenes would you be having?” another reporter asked to snigger of laughters in the room.

 

Sohyun laughed and covered her face in embarrassment. Seung Ho looked down at his feet as he tried to control his laughter and cover his blushing face. After the laughters had died down, Seung Ho, smiling and still blushing while trying to keep a straight face answered, “well, I hope there will be more scenes cos we’ve only film one kiss scene so far. I would be disappointed otherwise.”  Seung Ho immediately covered his face, his body shook with laughter. The room erupted with laughters again. Sohyun slapped him in the back and was blushing profusely. Seung Ho turned to Sohyun and apologised, “sorry, sorry sorry!” and covered his face again.

 

After a few other questions relating to the drama were posed and answered by others on the table, one reporter asked Seung Ho and Sohyun, “There were rumours about the two of you dating. The red carpet walk two years’ ago, the chemistry and close rapport we’ve seen today seems to support that what you two have is more than friendship. Are you both dating?” The whole room was silenced as they awaited his response. Seung Ho turned to Sohyun whispering, seemingly asking for permission. “It is tough in this industry to date, especially to fellow celebrities. Dispatch and any of you reporters, could easily reveal them. Fans’ cameras are also everywhere. Hence, the tendency for most celebrities to hide it when they date. As you mentioned earlier, Sohyun and I show close rapport and great chemistry in public, we do not hide that we are close. Do you think we would be doing it if we are dating?” Seung Ho turned the questioned back. There were murmurs of agreement.

 

The rest of the press conference went well. The reporters were particularly keen to find out about Seung Ho and Sohyun personally but they had both discussed their answers earlier so they could handle it well. They’ve decided that being open about being close but vague about their relationship status would suit them better than lying about their relationship. The general conclusion at the press conference was that there was indeed strong chemistry between the two leads. Even in real life, they seem very close, talking and laughing with each other easily but it was still possible that they were just good friends as Seung Ho had earlier implied. Thus, speculations of their relationship were still rife and it created a lot of anticipation for the drama.

 

They had contact interview with the four leads after the press conference and Seung Ho be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter