A step closer

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the reward vacation, Sohyun went back to school. She had a lot to catch up because school term had started and she had already missed a few weeks of class. Mid terms were coming up in three weeks and she had a lot to study for. “Sweetie, are you going to school today?” Seung Ho asked. “I have to bring Omma and Appa to the doctor today but I can pick you up from school after that.” “Oppa, send my regards to Omma and Appa later. I have not decided to go to school. I have no class today since my Professor is away at a conference. So, I am considering if I should study at home or go to school. Library is so packed now that exams is coming up,” Sohyun explained.

 

“Didn’t you tell me that you can’t study at home? You’ll end up sleeping. Why don’t you go to my place and study there?  You have the place to yourself, oh and the cats will keep you company.  I’ll buy dinner later but you have to bring your own lunch. I was planning on doing grocery shopping today since I barely have anything in the house. Only some instant noodles,” Seung Ho suggested. Sohyun thought about it and finally agreed.

 

Arriving at his place, she placed some side dishes she brought from home in the fridge. Grabbing a bottled water, she played with the cats for a short while and wandered to his room. She sat on his bed and looked at the photo frame. She lay down on the bed and smiled. She turned her face into the pillow and breathed in his scent. The bed was comfortable and she could still smell his masculine scent.  She wanted him to hold her at that moment. She sniggered at herself, “Pabo Sohyun. You’ve been wanting him but why are you still acting otherwise.”

 

She remembered the conversation she had with Minjun a few days before. Minjun was appalled that they had not done the deed yet. Minjun had a boyfriend now, with a guy from Engineering campus and they were already doing it two months into their relationship. Initially Minjun thought it was Seung Ho who was being slow but Sohyun admitted that she was the scared one and Seung Ho did not want to pressurize her. But he had occasionally about it.

 

Smoothing out the bed again, Sohyun went to the study room and studied. It was quiet and condusive for her to focus on her revision. Whenever she was thirsty or hungry, she would go to the kitchen and when she needed a break, she would play with the cats. Seung Ho called her once to check that she was well settled.

 

Seung Ho came back with side dishes that his mom had prepared. He took some grocery stuff from his mom’s house to cook dinner, postponing his grocery shopping to another day. He found her in his study, focusing on her revision that she didn’t even hear him come home. He approached her for a quick kiss before leaving her to her studies.

 

After keeping all the dishes, he started preparing spicy tofu soup and chicken bulgogi. When all was cooked, he went to the living area and played with his cats. He was on the floor with his cats all over him when Sohyun came out of the study room looking disheveled.  Sohyun stood and looked at him lying comfortably on the floor with one cat biting his toes and another on this head. “Hi!” She announced her presence. “Hello sweetie! Come on over and give me a kiss. I can’t move with these rascals on me,” Seung Ho grinned. Sohyun sat beside him and gave him a peck on the lips and started petting the cat on his head. Then she placed her head on his chest, quietly listening to the regular pacing of his heartbeat. His body was warm and comforting. Seung Ho her hair. “You must be tired. Did you get much studying done?” he asked gently. “Yes, I did.” Sohyun replied tiredly. “Are you hungry now, darling?” Seung Ho asked. Sohyun nodded, “Yeah, I only ate granola bars for lunch.”

 

Seung Ho quickly moved the cats off him, held her head as he sat up. “I told you to bring lunch or cook some instant noodle. I’m sure I had a few in the cupboard,” he sounded worried. Sohyun wrinkled her nose and told him that she was just too lazy to cook them. He stood up and held out his hand, “Come. I’ve cooked so let’s eat.” She sat at the counter while he warmed the soup and bulgogi and started serving the banchan. They were spoilt for choice for banchan and could not decide which ones to have. They end up putting out a little bit of each. With freshly cooked rice, they enjoyed the dinner together.

 

“Oppa, thank you so much. The food was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter