We meet again, sweetheart

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well, I must admit I am curious on why you are rushing to come back,” Producernim said as he sat down across Seung Ho. Smiling sheepishly, Seung Ho expressed his gratitude, “Thank you Producernim. You’ve helped me a lot. You made my travels so much more focus and productive.” Producernim acknowledged his gratitude with a slight nod.

 

“I gotten to know you very well the last few years. Please called me hyung, I really would like that,” Producernim offered sincerely. Seung Ho shook his head. “I can’t possibly do that. I cannot be disrespecting you,” Seung Ho exclaimed. “Disrespecting me? I am now offended that you do not consider me close enough to call me Hyung! I’m serious Seung Ho, I feel close to you to consider you as my dongsaeng,” he gentled his tone. Seung Ho smiled. He agreed that their relationship had grown closer over the years and he admittedly agreed that it was more than just business. “Ok, Produ…, hyung,” Seung Ho quickly corrected himself. Producernim smiled broadly.

 

“I’m back because I have completed filming the last country,” Seung Ho explained. Producernim, arched his eyebrows and grinned. “Are you sure, it has nothing to do with a certain someone winning the Baeksang award and mentioned you in an interview?” Producernim stretched his words in a teasing tone. Seung Ho chuckled. “Hahahaha, I won’t deny that’s one reason for it.” Producernim arched eyebrow went a notch higher. “Ok, Ok hyung, yes, it has a lot to do with that,” Seung Ho laughed.

 

“When did you arrive in Seoul?” Producernim asked. “I was back 2 days ago. I staying at my parents', and catch up with my friends. I came to see you today to inform you that I want to join the Production team and work on the travelogue,” Seung Ho explained. “Driving up and down daily from Incheon? You got yourself a car already?” Producernim asked. “I actually have an apartment in Seoul. Manager Lee is opening it up again, and getting someone to clean it.  I came here in my father’s car but I will get myself one soon,” Seung Ho explained. Producernim asked about the car he was interested in and offered to introduce him to a dealer. “He’ll give you a good package,” Producernim offered. Producernim had a lot of contacts.

 

Sipping on his drink, Producernim stared at Seung Ho from the rim of his glass. “Does Sohyun-ssi know you are back?” he asked. Seung Ho shook his head. “Oh, you want to surprise her? Need my help?” Producernim offered. “I don’t want to surprise her. Actually, I want her to get used to the idea that I am back in town so that when I do see her, her reaction would be anything but shock. I want to see her honest reaction; does she want to see me or otherwise. Just that I’m not sure how to go about letting her know I’m back,” Seung Ho explained.

 

“How about an interview?  An online magazine, that can be posted soon after the interview itself. Lets do it. On the pretext of promoting the travelogue show. Do you need time to prepare?” Producernim asked. Seung Ho stayed silent as he thought of the suggestion. “Produ, sorry, hyung, I think it’s a good idea. I don’t need time to prepare, I can do it even now.”

 

Picking up his phone, he called someone, “Minseok, what do you think of the chance to be the first one to do an interview with Yoo Seung Ho-ssi? Hmm..hmm.. no, its face to face in Seoul. Yeah yeah, I’m serious. For his travelogue.. personal questions? Hmm.. you need to ask him first if he is willing to. Yes, as soon as possible. No, next week is too late, I’ll go somewhere else. Oh, you going somewhere tomorrow night? Tomorrow morning then? OK, 10am makeup and 11am interview. Text me the address.” Hearing his side of the conversation, Seung Ho marveled at how Producernim gets things done so quickly, like in a whirlwind.

 

Looking at Seung Ho, he explained. “Ok, tomorrow morning @10am. He asked if it is ok to include some personal questions, I leave it to you to decide. You be clear upfront, araso. He is the type that would respect boundary.” Seung Ho nodded. “Lets finish our drink. I need to bring you to my hairdresser. That rugged, unkempt look only works out there. In Seoul, for tomorrow interview, I need a clean looking guy!" Seung Ho guffawed.

 

The reporter asked a lot about the travelogue, what he had learned from the travel experiences and what were his future plans. Seung Ho was comfortable with the questions and its direction on the travelogue and his career aspirations.

 

Reporter: “Almost everyone knew you left because of your break up with Sohyun-ssi. It was also quite sudden. How did you decide and arrange to do a travelogue within a short period of time?”

 

Seung Ho said with a playful smile: “Didn’t almost everyone also was told that we broke up because we were too busy? The travelogue would have supported that.”

 

Reporter: “No one believed that. Both of you didn’t want the break up, that was quite understood. There was a lot of sympathy going around for the two of you.”

 

Seung Ho was quiet for a moment. “I left without a major plan. I needed to leave and had only two plans; one to help the Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh and then to go to Sri Lanka and build an extension for the school I’ve worked on before. I was going to figure out the next destination from then on. But Producernim, upon knowing about my travel, contacted and suggested that I do a travelogue. He gave broad for the concept and left me to decide how to get it done. It was perfect since I really had no plans after building the extension and the travelogue gave me focus.

 

Reporter softly asked, “Was the breakup that bad that you had to leave? Sohyun-ssi stayed and survived the storm. In fact, she did very well since then.”

 

Seung Ho smiled gently. “Isn’t she such a huge talent? I wish I was there to see her take Korea and the rest of the world. Unfortunately, its not meant to be. But I am very proud of her. I know she does not only rely on her talent alone, she is also very hardworking.”

 

Reporter: “You said it like its a personal pride of yours. Did you follow her career after you left?”

 

Seung Ho chuckled. “Of course, I did. Its only natural, don’t you think. I am very happy for her.”

 

Reporter: “I understand you haven’t spoken to her since you came back. Any message for her?”

 

Seung Ho paused and said softly that he would want to tell her his good wishes personally, if given a chance. He couldn’t continue as he choked up. The reporter saw him struggling and end the interview.

 

After the photoshoot for the website, Seung Ho left with Manager Lee. As they walked to the car, Manager Lee patted his back, “You did well.”  “Hyung, lets go buy a car,” Seung Ho plastered a smile on his face.

 

Seung Ho fell for a car immediately when he saw it. But it is more extravagant than his usual. “Go for it Seung Ho, something to splurge for the 3 hard years you had,” Manager Lee encouraged him. The sporty car matched very well the young, rugged man that he had grown into. “Should I?” Seung Ho was smiling from ear to ear. “Yes, why not. Thanks hyung.” They left after the manager took their order and would inform them after it was processed.

 

They went grocery shopping and Manager Lee dropped Seung Ho at his apartment with his luggage containing his clothes. His friends were coming later with more of his stuff, so Seung Ho was going to cook dinner for them.

 

At dinner, Seung Ho was listening to the guys updating the happenings in their lives for the past 3 years. There were a lot of jokes and laughters as they tried to explain their version of various funny incidents. When almost everything was updated, Dong Wan asked, “Have you spoken to Sohyun since you came back?” Seung Ho shook his head. “Does she know you are back?” Seung Ho smiled, “She would, by tomorrow morning. I did an interview with an online magazine. It should be published tonight.”

 

Hyungjun put his glass down and asked, “You want her to know that you are back from the news? Don’t you think she deserve to know it directly from you?” Everyone turned to Hyungjun, surprised at the accusatory tone. “Hyung!” Dong Wan and Hong Ki gasped. Seung Ho stared at Hyungjun silently. Staring back, Hyungjun continued, “Do you expect her to come to you when she knows you are back?”

 

Seung Ho lowered his eyes and took a deep breath. Looking back at Hyungjun, he said, “I don’t expect that Hyung. I don’t have her new number, which  of course I can easily get. But I don’t want to contact her without her permission. I don’t know how she feels towards me right now, but I thought if she is aware that I am back, she would have time to process it. So that it won’t be a shock when I do speak to her. That’s my intention, honestly.”

 

“What are you planning to do with her? Are you planning to rekindle your relationship?” Hyungjun asked. His tone was still hard. Seung Ho was getting hot under the collar by all these questions. He leaned back on his chair and stared at Hyungjun, trying to read his face to understand the reason for all the questions. Hong Ki was flustered, “Hyung, its up to Seung Ho whether he wants to rekindle the relationship or not. He probably need to talk to Sohyun to know whether the feelings he had for her is still there.”

 

“It is still there. I am still very much in love with her,” Seung Ho interrupted Hong Ki, but his eyes remained glued to Hyungjun. “Yes, hyung. I want her back, I thought you of all people, would understand that.” “I do Seung Ho, but I also knew how heartbroken she was when you left without a word. And now, she is at top of her career, you come waltzing back. Another secret relationship that would hurt her relationship again, that’s your plan for her?” Hyungjun challenged. “No, no more secret relationship. We are going to date openly,” Seung Ho replied, his voice raised. “Even if that will affect her career?” Hyungjun questioned. “Hyung! For 3 years I step away, I let her have her career. Isn’t it my time now, how much longer should I wait?” Seung Ho was frustrated.

 

“What if she doesn’t want you back? Afterall, you left her heartbroken with no words, and now she has a career that she may not want to give up. Especially for someone who walked away without any explanation.  Did you think of that? Or did you think she will run to you just because you came back? Think Seung Ho, you loved her but you also hurt her. You may have thought the right thing was to walk away so that you don’t take away her career, her potential, I did too, initially. But I am not so sure now. Shouldn’t it be for her to decide if that’s what she wants? You cannot decide on the direction of the relationship just because its what you want or what you think is best. I just want you to realise that Sohyun has her rights too. I, honestly, do pray that she would take you back because I do know you love her,” Hyungjun sadly said his mind. Seung Ho acknowledged the truth behind Hyungjun’s words. He sat back against the chair and closed his eyes.

 

That night, Hyungjun’s words played in his mind. How do I get her back? Seung Ho sighed.

 

The next morning, there was a flurry of knocks on her door and her brother shouting, “Noona, noona, let me come in.” Sohyun smiled. Since Seung Ho-oppa told her brother to wait until she has given permission to come in, he had been dutifully did that. “Come in!” Her dongsaeng rushed in with his laptop to her bed. She was already up and have her the laptop opened on her bed, and both had the same screen online. “Hyung is back, Noona. Seung Ho-hyung is back,” her brother exclaimed excitedly. Sohyun smiled and nodded. “He is, and he looked really handsome,” Sohyun replied, keeping her tone even. “What, aren’t you excited? Did he call you? Wait, he doesn’t have your number. Ok, I shall message him your number,” her brother gushed. “What, you have his number?” she asked. He nodded and explained that he had kept in touch with Seung Ho for the past 3 years, though it was more of him updating Seung Ho-hyung and hyung thanking him for it and reminding him to take care of himself, his mother and sister. “Don’t share my number unless he asked, Araso?” Sohyun reminded him.

 

Minjun had called excitedly this morning about the interview and she had quickly read it. He talked a lot about the travelogue. On the personal side, he had admitted that he ran away because of the breakup and the Travelogue was an unplanned opportunity. He was proud of her, that’s all was mentioned in the interview. She lay down and tried to rest again but her heart had been racing away since she read the article. She wanted to see him so badly. Just a glimpse. She closed her eyes and breathe deeply.

 

“Seung Ho-ah, the GM of the car company asked if you are willing to do one ad for them. The fee is the car you choose,” Producernim called him the next day evening. “I think it’s a good deal. I heard you’ve picked a sports car.”

 

“Just one ad? That’s quite a hefty fee they are paying.” Seung Ho was pleasantly surprised. “It is hefty if you think from the purchase price point of view. But based on the cost price, its ok. He is a businessman, I’m sure he has done his calculation.  Anyway, I don’t have all the information, so I tell him you would consider it so that he can give you the details?” Producernim quickly response. Seung Ho was impressed at the speed with which Producernim handled his business. “Neh,” Seung Ho replied.

 

“Another thing, you are going to be my plus 1 at a dinner event this Saturday. Get a tux. I text you my tailor,” Producernim continued. Seung Ho coughed, “Why am I your plus 1? Get another date, hyung.” “Pabo! I was told Sohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter