Two sides of a coin

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohyun’s birthday was coming up in a few weeks and Seung Ho wanted to celebrate it. He was still busy filming; they’ve completed 6 episodes so far and by the premiere date, they would probably have done another 2 or 3 hopefully. But after the premiere, there would be added stress of filming ahead of the episodes being shown and his hours were expected to be long and tough. The premiere would be a few days before her birthday so he had to do the celebration earlier.

 

Seung Ho approached the director asking for a day off on the weekend of 26 or 27 May to attend to a private matter. He was apologetic about it as he knew he would be inconveniencing the cast and crew. But he really needed one day for Sohyun. They had not been able to see each other since that day when filming was stopped due to technical problem. The only day he was available after that day happened to be the same day Sohyun had to film the Hazzy CF with Yook Sungjae.  The director promised to consider his request and would get back to him.

 

Thinking of the Hazzy CF, Seung Ho admitted he was jealous. He had remembered that their chemistry was outstanding in the drama School 2015 such that most fans wanted the lead actress to end up with the second male lead and created an uproar when they did not. Sohyun and Sungjae even won the best couple award, a rare occasion when the winners are not the main leads. Even the industry noticed, hence their joint CFs for Hazzy.  Their chemistry and comfort level shown in the Hazzy CF they did post the drama was so outstanding that the news was touting them as the perfect matched couple.

 

Initially when Hazzy asked both of them to do the CF again, Seung Ho did not mind as he expected that their chemistry would have be gone by then. Unfortunately, the two exuded that same level of chemistry and the result was so outstanding that fans were clamouring for them to do a drama together again as main leads. Seung Ho was unhappy as he no longer is the prefered actor to partnered with Sohyun, but Sohyun easily charmed his mood back.

 

A couple of days later, the director approached Seung Ho, “Could it be possible for you to push the day off to the following weekend? You know our premiere is on June 1st. I had planned for us to film that day but end it early so we can all watch it together. Then the following day, I thought of giving everyone a day off. Do you think that you could move your appointment to that day? So, we don’t lose two days.” Seung Ho was ecstatic as June 2nd would just be a couple of days from actual date. He agreed immediately and thanked the director profusely.

 

Immediately, he texted Dong Wan to activate his plan for Sohyun’s birthday with the new date. Dong Wan will book a private ocean front villa near Incheon and make the rest of the arrangements with the guys and Sohyun’s friends.

 

Seung Ho found a quiet place to call Sohyun “Good morning sweetie. Are you in school now?” “Good morning Oppa, yes, I’m in school. I have class in 15 minutes.” Sohyun murmured. “Why are you calling me so early in the morning? Don’t be cheesy and tell me it’s because you missed me.” Seung Ho smiled because he had been saying that whenever he called in recent times.  He wasnt being cheesy, he did indeed missed her. “Ani. Just because.” He teased. “Oppaaaaaa,” Sohyun whined.

 

“Ok, ok, I know you have to go class, so I shall make it quick. Let’s go out with the gang to celebrate your birthday. I will have an off day on June 2nd. It’s the only day I have, I'm sorry. Please make that day free. We’ll go somewhere near the sea and hang out with the gang. I’ve told the gang and we only need the guest of honour to confirm her attendance.”

 

Sohyun was quiet as she was touched that he made the trouble to plan a birthday celebration even though he was busy. And the premiere of his drama was coming up, he would be busier. “Oppa, its ok. We don’t have to celebrate my birthday. A birthday wish is fine. I know you are busy.”

 

“Sohyun-ah, do you want to drag this conversation? I want to celebrate your birthday. It’s important to me and I have managed to get a day off. Please sweetie. I know you are trying to be understanding, but not this time. It’s your birthday and I want to celebrate it. Just say yes. I’m not putting down the phone until you say yes.” At that exact moment, he got called up to start filming. Sohyun overhearing the call to film, giggled at his empty threat, “Ok, Oppa. I’ll make that day free.”

 

Several days’ later, Seung Ho called his sister, “Noona, could you accompany me to go shopping?” “Why do you need me to help you with shopping? Oh, is it something for a girl?” his sister teased. “Noonaaaaa…..” Seung Ho pleaded. His sister smiled. Her younger brother was definitely growing up. “Araso”.

 

They met on one afternoon that Seung Ho was free for a few hours and they went to Lotte mall. “Do you have an idea of what type of present you want to get?” Seung Ho’s sister asked. He nodded and steered his sister to a jewellery store. His sister widened her eyes and thought, oh, this must be serious then. “I want to get a necklace for her, something simple and sweet. But we say it’s a present for you ok? I’ll buy one for you too, your choice, but let’s choose hers first.” Seung Ho whispered to his sister. His sister smiled indulgently at her brother.

 

After the purchase, they sat down for coffee and cakes at one of the café. There were fans who came for autographs and Seung Ho obliged kindly. Finally, they have their own time. “Aren’t you tired of having to accommodate your fans, of not being able to do stuff like buying a gift for your girlfriend without needing a decoy?” his sister asked. Seung Ho smiled “But without them, I won’t have a career. If it is not too much such as signing autographs and taking photos with them, I am ok. Generally, I still do what I want. I don’t let it bother me as much but buying this gift with you, is more protecting her than myself.”

 

At the mention of the girl, Seung Ho’s sister probed further, “Omma commented a couple of months ago, that she thinks you have a girlfriend and wish that you could bring her home for dinner. Appa said that it would be difficult for you to do that. So, how’s serious are you with her? Its Sohyun-ssi right?”

 

Seung Ho was surprised that his sister guessed it right immediately. “It was so obvious during the drama award. You were different, I saw my brother suddenly become manlier, beaming with happiness and pride and you were protective of her. And it makes sense because I remembered you had a crush on her before but she was too young then. Do you remember when you told me about her during that filming of the “I Miss You” drama? You never talked much about your cast before and suddenly you talked about a girl that you didn’t have any screen time with,” his sister continued.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter