Just Me & You

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later while they were having dinner at Seung Ho’s apartment, he told her about the vacation. “We are going to Cannes, France. It’s on the sea side with shopping and eclectic cafes that we can discover. We can also drive to the surrounding area for sightseeing. It’s their low season since its popular in summer, not autumn.  It’s far enough that the likelihood of meeting reporters or fans are slim. What do you think?” He was smiling happily. Sohyun was surprised as she didn’t think that they would be going that far for their vacation. “Oppa, that’s so far. There isn’t a place nearby?” “We can’t go somewhere in Asia. Our faces are known,” Seung Ho explained. Sohyun nodded.

 

Seung Ho bought tickets leaving Seoul on different days for them. He would fly a day earlier and stay one night in Doha.. He would meet her on the connecting flight as they would be taking the same flight from Doha to Nice, France. Cannes, is only half an hour drive from Nice airport. He booked them on first class seats as he wanted total privacy. Sohyun was shocked when she saw the tickets. “Why first class Oppa, that’s too expensive. I never knew you were this extravagant. I would then have insisted on paying my share,” Sohyun was worried as she read the online ticket that Seung Ho had just forwarded to her. Seung Ho explained the reason for this unusual extravagance and insisted that he wanted to pay for this vacation.

 

Sohyun left quietly in her disguise and boarded the plane to Doha. Her flight was slightly delayed and as the plane approached Doha, her hands started to be clammy. She was nervous, and took sips of water to calm herself down. The first class seat was comfortable but she barely remembered it as her mind was on Cannes and the thought of being with Seung Ho-oppa.

 

Seung Ho waited outside her gate, behind a pillar, excitedly. He couldn’t wait to see her. He smiled as he saw her walked out of the plane with her face mask on and her eyes searching for him. As she neared where he stood, he walked quietly beside her and took her hand. Surprised, she turned to find Seung Ho, similarly clad in hoodies and face mask.  Smiling, they quickly walked away to their connecting flight gate. They kept on their mask and hoodies as they were not sure if there were other Koreans on the same flight as them. Fortunately, there was only one other passenger, a middle eastern man in the first class suite.

 

Discarding their disguises, they sat, grinning at each other. It felt like an adventure.  "How was your flight, sweetie? Seung Ho asked. Sohyun smiled, "it was ok. But it just got better." Seung Ho chortled and quickly quietened down as the other passenger turned to look at them. They chatted happily, holding hands, enjoying the experience together. The crews were giving them so much attention that this shy couple was flustered. It was an overnight flight, so as soon as dinner was cleared, the cabin crew prepared their beds. The crew turned the two beds into a queen size bed by removing the middle separator for them. Sohyun blushed when she came back to her seat after washing up to find the setup. Seung Ho, who stood nearby, just grinned happily. Initially, Sohyun was embarrassed but when she realised the privacy it provided, she became more comfortable and snuggled into Seung Ho’s arm and slept.

 

When they arrive in Nice, they were picked up from the airport and whisked to the hotel which was about half an hour drive away. Seung Ho had booked them a suite at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes. It was an old fashioned but luxurious hotel with an amazing view of the Mediterranean Sea. “Oppa, this is ridiculous! You must have spent a bomb! It’s so unnecessary!” Sohyun was flabbergasted as she looked around the suite. Seung Ho hugged her, “Yes, I must admit this trip is not my usual kind of vacation. It is extravagant. But, take it this way. I have not spent much on you the past 2 years that we’ve dated. So, I’m splurging it all on this trip. Please, don’t let it bother you. Just enjoy, ok sweetie?” he kissed the tip of her nose. Sohyun reluctantly nodded and decided she won’t be a spoilsport.

 

She entered the bedroom and blushed when she saw the big bed. The staff had decorated it with rose petals and a couple of swan. It was prepared like a honeymoon suite. Avoiding it, she went to the wardrobe and started unpacking. Seung Ho lay down on the bed as he watched her methodically unpacking but clearly making effort to avoid looking at the bed. He was amused at her shyness. He went over to her and started unpacking his bag. “I could do it Oppa, just leave it there,” Sohyun offered. Seung Ho shook his head and quickly unpacked his clothes. He picked up her toiletries bag and took his and put them in the bathroom. He then left the bedroom. Sohyun relaxed when Seung Ho left the bedroom as she was nervous when he was in the bedroom.

 

After she had unpacked, Sohyun went to the living area to find Seung Ho poring over the various pamphlets and travel books. When he heard her, he looked up and gave her a smile. “Shall we wash up and then go for lunch? There is this French café by the beach that I thought we could try. It’s highly recommended.” Sohyun nodded and went to take a shower first. They left the hotel after getting the direction and enjoyed the slow walk to the café. The weather was cool but the sun was strong, so it was a comfortable walk. They walked holding hands, feeling exhilarated for not having to stay hidden. They were just a couple in love and enjoying the day.

 

At the café, they sat outdoor to have their lunch. Sohyun was having salad while Seung Ho, a sandwich. The food was simple, but fresh and tasty. The café was quite full despite it being a low season, and the two of them enjoyed their late lunch as they chatted and watched other people walking or cycling by. It might not be anything exciting for most people, but it was their first experience having a meal together in public, hence it was memorable for them.

 

After their leisurely lunch, they took a stroll on the beach. They wrote their names on the sand and waited for the rising tide to wash it away. Sohyun leaned comfortably against Seung Ho as he wrapped his arms around her. They stood there, just listening to each other’s heartbeats as they watched the waves washed their names away. The view of the beautiful horizon beyond was amazing under the setting sun. Sohyun turned to Seung Ho and gazed up to him, her face beaming with happiness. Her lashes fluttering, she whispered “Thank you Oppa,” and tiptoed to kiss him. The kiss was sweet and tender.  As the day was getting darker, they walked back to the hotel, fingers intertwined.

 

When they reached the lobby, the concierge approached Seung Ho to confirm their dinner reservation. Sohyun went to the bathroom to wash up for dinner as soon as they got back to their suite. She was getting ready in the bedroom while Seung Ho showered when her phone rang. She went to the bedside table to pick up her phone. Minjun and Jieun was on the line, curious to find out what has happened on the trip so far. She sat down on the bed as she chatted with her friends, laughing at the curious and funny questions they had. She had to remind them of the long journey and the time difference.

 

Seung Ho got out of the shower and saw Sohyun laughing on the phone. The warm, yellow light in the bedroom gave a glow on her unmade face, her skin pale and translucent. She had on a simple dress that skimmed her figure and stopped right above her knee. To Seung Ho, in all that simplicity, she looked breathtaking. His heart was pounding as he stared at her profile as she sat on the bed, one of her hands caressing the pillow. She glanced at him, giving him a small smile and continued her conversation. Seung Ho stood there staring at her face and then focus on her lips, watching its movement as she chatted with her fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter