Is there something?

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Ho had booked a private room in a restaurant just outside Seoul.  His manager found out from another manager that the place was quiet and the owners respect the privacy of the stars that patronized the restaurant.  The food was also good.  Although it was a group dinner, Seung Ho knows that if he and Sohyun were seen together, it could be misinterpreted and led to a scandal.  Although he usually did not let such rumour mongering or news affect him, he had to think about Sohyun.  He didn’t want Sohyun to be hurt in any way. 

 

Sohyun had been spending the afternoon getting ready for dinner.  She could not make up her mind what to wear.  She kept telling herself that she was not going on a date, so she did not have to take special care in her dressing.  But that night dinner was somewhat special to her.

 

Sohyun laughed thinking of her friends who must be really excited too about the dinner.  During lunch at Min Jun’s house three days ago, Sohyun casually mentioned that she and Seung Ho-oppa was thinking of arranging dinner together for their respective close friends.  Jieun who had a mouthful of rice, was so shocked that she started coughing out the rice.  Sujin who was seated next to her, had to pound her back while her eyes remained staring at Sohyun, unbelieving at what she was hearing.  Min Jun stood up and was screaming and dancing around the dining table.

 

Sujin, the most matured of them all, asked as calmly as possible but Sohyun could still hear the tremors in her voice.  “Are you referring to dinner with Seung Ho-oppa, the one you acted with in Ruler?  That Seung Ho-oppa?  Dinner, just us with the Nation’s little brother?”

 

Min Jun continued to shriek and Sohyun could not help but laughed at her antics.  Before Sohyun could reply to Sujin, Min Jun’s mom came into the dining area and smacked Min Jun’s head and asked her to quieten down.

 

“He is too old to still be considered Nation’s little brother, don’t you think?”  Sohyun replied, deadpanned.

 

Jieun who had recovered from the coughing fit by then, raised her voice “Sohyun, now is not the time to be funny.  Are we having dinner with Seung Ho-oppa? Are we talking about The Yoo Seung Ho that we have been talking about recently?  WE ARE GOING TO SEE HIM IN PERSON?”

 

“Girls, can you have your lunch quietly!  I am trying to watch the drama on tv and you girls are making too much noise!” Min Jun’s mum shouted from the living room.

 

“Shhh… that’s the plan!  Let’s quickly eat lunch and go to Min Jun’s room so we can talk more about it” Sohyun whispered.

 

The four girls ate their lunch in double quick time and Sohyun could see the excitement on each of their faces.  They were eating with large smiles on their face and it made Sohyun so happy to see their happy faces.

 

The moment Sujin closed Min Jun’s bedroom door, Jieun and Min Jun grabbed Sohyun and pulled her to the bed.  Sujin pulled the study chair and sat in front of the three of them.  Sohyun explained about Seung Ho’s friends repeated request to meet her at dinner and when eventually Seung Ho asked Sohyun, she decided it was also an opportunity to bring the girls.  To be honest, Sohyun was undecided initially at the invitation; even though she wanted to do the favour for Seung Ho-oppa, she was not comfortable being the only girl at the dinner and that’s when the idea of bringing her girlfriends came about.  The girls were excited and would make sure that they were free to attend the dinner.  They started thinking about the gifts they want to prepare for Seung Ho. 

 

Sujin stopped everyone on their tracks when she suddenly asked Sohyun, “We knew you met Seung Ho-oppa at the reunion dinner with the cast.  But you did say that you barely talked to him as you were seated far apart. We knew he texted you when you were in Bangkok. When did both of you get so chummy that he brought up the dinner plan?  He can’t be calling you out of the blue to ask about dinner.  Is there something you are not telling us?”

 

Sohyun blushed and said that after the said dinner, they had been texting each other regularly. The other three girls squealed hearing that, excited at the progress. How regular, they’ve asked.  She admitted that they have been texting daily.  More squeals from the girls.  However, Sohyun calmly told them that it is purely friendship, more like oppa-dongsaeng kind.  The girls just nodded with a playful smirk on their faces.

 

The girls decided to go to the dinner together so that they could chat during the journey.  Sujin picked up Min Jun and Jieun before picking up Sohyun. The three girls had spent days preparing some gifts for Seung Ho and tons of questions to ask.  Sohyun had to remind them that they must not be overzealous as Seung Ho-oppa who known to be shy, might be overwhelmed.  They must also promised to behave themselves.  The girls just ignored her and continued talking excitedly.

 

When they arrived at the restaurant, they were ushered to a private room.  Seung Ho and his friends were already there, standing and chatting away.  When they entered, the four guys looked expectantly at them.  Sohyun saw Seung Ho. “Annyeong Seung Ho-oppa!”

 

Seung Ho was very excited about the dinner and his hands turned sweaty seeing Sohyun but he quickly smiled and approached Sohyun.  “Annyeong Sohyun, annye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter