Working together

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Filming on the set was fun; the mood was light and since there were a number of jokers among the casts, there was a lot of laughter too. Seung Ho and Sohyun worked with the respective casts well, and the homework they both did on their own really helped them on the set. They did not have many scenes together in the first couple of episodes so their filming schedule differs. But when they had time, they still met up to discuss the scripts or talk at night.

 

With the preparations they made, Sohyun and Seung Ho discussed the various approaches with the director for their scenes. The director was pleased to see the two leads working well and generating a lot of ideas to improve the scene. “The working relationship the two of you had in Ruler indeed must be great! I like these ideas that both of you are generating. You are free to adlib wherever its possible. So sometimes, I may not stop the filming as per script, so just continue what you feel is natural,” the director instructed them. Both were very happy to hear that.

 

Sohyun had been filming scenes with the second lead, Kim Junghyun. Junghyun was a funny guy who made little jokes on the set which help to establish good rapport between them. Their chemistry was also good, so they were able to film well. Seung Ho had seen some of these interactions and tried to ignore the feeling of jealousy that tend to sneak up on him time and again.

 

That day, Seung Ho filming schedule ended early as he need to go to a photoshoot for a CF. Sohyun was filming her scene with Kim Junghyun, the scene where Junghyun’s character was trying to court Sohyun’s. They were waiting for the set to be prepared. So Junghyun as usual, goofed around and made Sohyun laughed. As Seung Ho was leaving the set after changing, he caught sight of his pretty Sohyun laughing with Junghyun. He stood there, staring at them, feeling jealous and helpless at the same time. He could only look from afar and bit his lips. “Seung Ho, stop staring. That’s nothing for you to worry about. Com’on, lets go,” Manager Lee gently guided him towards the door. Seung Ho sighed and turned to leave. You Ram noticed Seung Ho leaving and shouted bye to Seung Ho and he waved back. Sohyun hearing the shout, saw Seung Ho leaving and waved at him too.

 

“Seung Ho and Sohyun, I think we need to film yesterday scene again,” Director told them on one morning a couple of days later. “Why? I thought you said yesterday that the scene was well done. Anything wrong?” Seung Ho asked, feeling concerned. “I reviewed the scene, I think there are too much attraction. I must admit its still subtle, but when I watched it, I still felt the attraction was too strong. For this scene, you should still be wary of her but there is this underlying attraction. The attraction is slight, like it’s unconsciously awakened. So, could you tone down the attraction?” Director explained. Seung Ho and Sohyun nodded as they reviewed the scene again before they redo the scene.

 

During breaks, Seung Ho and Sohyun would sit at the corner of the room with the other casts; either to discuss their respective scene or have small chit chat. That afternoon, they found that they were left alone at the corner as everyone was occupied with something else. “Sohyun-ah, I got an apartment. It’s one of those high security apartments. I was told several idols are living there, so the security should be tight. It's less than 15 minutes drive to your place” Seung Ho shared. “Oh, that’s nice oppa, you got a one bedroom apartment?” Sohyun asked. “No, 3 bedrooms. I will have one of the rooms as my office and another room for guest. I don’t need a gym room as the apartment building has gym and swimming pool facilities. Anyway, hyung is shopping some furniture for me since I don’t have time. Could you give me your opinion, please?”

 

Seung Ho showed the photos on his phone. Sohyun looked at them and gave her comments on the various items when she noted the large dining table. She remembered Seung Ho had a small one in his current place. “You are getting a big dining table. Are you planning on hosting lots of meals?” Sohyun asked surprised. “Hmm, I wanted a table for 8 so that we can sometimes have our gang over for dinner,” Seung Ho explained. “We?” When she saw Seung Ho winked, she just said nevermind. “Anyway, what about the bed, that looks huge too. King size? I think a queen size should be sufficient for you, don’t you think?” she asked. Seung Ho leaned in, staring intensely at her and said softly, “I want a king-sized bed, for when you are sleeping over.” Sohyun blushed and cleared . Giving his phone back, she stood up and remarked, “They all looked fine then. I need to go to the ladies” and she ran off. Seung Ho stared at the retreating back and murmured to himself, “I think I scare her. Pabo, you need to chill a bit.”

 

That night in bed, Sohyun thought about the conversation with Seung Ho. They’ve been going together for 1.5 years and she knew that their physical relationship would progress. It’s not that she didn’t want to move forward, there had been times when they were making out that she wanted to go further if Seung Ho-oppa wanted it too but emotionally, she wasn’t sure she was ready. She was grateful that Seung Ho-oppa had not pushed her in that direction, but she wondered if the earlier comment was his subtle way of him telling her that he wanted more.

 

Filming was picking up pace since Premiere was coming up in a couple of weeks. They were shy of the half way mark and Director would like at least be ready with a couple more episodes by then so that there’ll be less stress after the drama started telecast. At that point, Seung Ho’s character had acknowledged his interest in Sohyun and pursued her actively. The pursuit was thwarted hilariously by cas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter