We are together again

Love in the ShyShy Lane
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If I understand you correctly, Yeon Hui is marrying the guy, because of her gratitude and sympathy. He helped her when she started her career, he was in love with her and over time, she developed fond feelings for him and now they getting married because he has cancer? And the ex-bf appearance is to emphasize how much sacrifice she is making?” Seung Ho asked the PD as they discussed the cameo. PD nodded. “Does she love the fiancée?” “She does, but not the passionate type, more of a comfortable, respectful kind of love for him,” the PD elaborated.

 

Seung Ho was silent for a few minutes. “Instead of the ex-boyfriend appearance to remind of what she could have, how about he left because of family pressure or something when they were still in love, then. And he came back, wanted them to get back together, offering her the passionate love she used to have? The fact that she still has feelings for the ex will make it even more heartbreaking when she gave that up for the sick fiancee” Seung Ho offered.

 

PD was nodding as he heard Seung Ho's suggestion. He turned to the writers who thought that it could work. They further discussed the scenario and the writers stood up to rewrite the scenes. “Could we keep this a secret until the day we film? I rather surprise Sohyunnie,” Seung Ho requested. Everyone in the meeting room agreed.

 

The next day they went out to dinner. Seung Ho wanted to have some fried chicken and they found this small but popular shop in Jamsil. For Seung Ho, one of the best outcomes from the revelation of their relationship, was being able to eat at usual eateries. Before, they could only go to places where it was unlikely for them to encounter fans or at least fans that gonna bother them. So, it often ended up that meals would be at more exclusive restaurants where privacy is respected. Although he started to appreciate such finer meals, Seung Ho enjoyed simple food so he is happy to be able to go these restaurants serving comfort food. However, they still pick the less crowded places so that they could have their meal peacefully.

 

“Oppa, my schedule next week is packed. I have full day filming almost everyday. I can only do dinner on Thursday night, not Friday. How?” Sohyun asked guiltily. She knew Thursday is usually a busy day for Seung Ho as they would be working on the final touches for his travelogue.

 

“I see what I can do. Are we still going out this Sunday?” Seung Ho asked.  “Thank you Oppa. Yes, we are going shopping this Sunday. I need to get present for Jieun.” Sohyun was excited as this would be the first time they go out shopping in Seoul together.

 

That Sunday Seung Ho picked up Sohyun and drove to Lotte Mall where she wanted to get a specific wallet that she knew Jieun love. They wore their mask as they stepped out of the car. They were walking towards the leather accessories section when Sohyun saw a new range of lipstick from her favorite brand. Tugging at Seung Ho, she told him she wanted to check it out.

 

Sohyun lowered her face mask to try one of the lipsticks. A gasp could be heard nearby and a customer exclaimed in a loud whisper, “Its Kim So Hyun!” Hearing her name, Seung Ho who was standing nearby looking blankly at some products, immediately closed the distance between them. He put his arms around Sohyun’s shoulder and walked away quickly. Someone else shouted, “Oh oh oh! Its Yoo Seung Ho!” And the fans started shouting their names and gathered around them. Within minutes, there were a large crowd that blocked the way. Sohyun grabbed Seung Ho’s jacket as she quickly put back her face mask. Her breathing was rising rapidly. Both of them nodded in acknowledgement towards the fans and Seung Ho asked for space to walk. But the fans continued to crowd nearer and took pictures of them. Lotte Department security quickly came over to create a passageway for them where they were directed to the General Manager’s room.

 

In the room, the GM apologized for the incident and informed them that usually the stars would inform them in advance.  The store would arrange for a room and the items they would like to purchase could be brought to them. Appreciating the suggestion, Seung Ho instead apologized for causing the disruption and informed the GM they would leave instead.

 

Sohyun was quiet in the car. She only indicated she wanted to go home. Seung Ho tried to comfort her but she remain silent. Seung Ho decided to send her up to her apartment.

 

When they arrived at her home, Seung Ho entered the apartment behind Sohyun, and saw Mrs Kim at the living room watching TV. She looked surprise to see both of them and stood to ask why were they already back from shopping. Sohyun just mumbled that they did not go shopping and went into her room. Seung Ho stood and watched Sohyun go before turning his attention to Mrs Kim.

 

“Mrs Kim, we did go to Lotte Department Store. But the fans saw us and made it difficult for us to shop. So we came back. Sohyunnie is very upset,” Seung Ho explained. Mrs Kim glanced at Sohyun’s room and then back at Seung Ho. “Why Lotte Department Store, on the weekend?” Mrs Kim asked. Seung Ho nodded, acknowledging that it was not a good plan. “Do you mind if I go to Sohyun and try to console her?” Seung asked politely.  Mrs Kim nodded. “Yes, please do. You may close her room door.”

 

Seung Ho entered Sohyun’s room and found her sitting on the bed, looking very upset. He sat beside her and pulled her up into his arms. He her hair. “Oppa, why is it so difficult to just go shopping?” Sohyun lamented. “Your mom is right, it’s the choice of timing and place. We should have thought through better, similar to how we plan to go out to eat,” Seung Ho offered. “But it’s the only day we could go shopping and I want to get a specific item from there,” Sohyun sniffled. He just hugged her tighter. After some time, Sohyun felt better and they went out of the room.

 

Mrs Kim turned around from cooking and asked Seung Ho to stay for dinner. He accepted graciously. “Sohyun, call your brother and ask him to come back for dinner. Tell him Seung Ho is here,” she instructed. Seung Ho offered to help Mrs Kim but was shooed to the living area. Sohyun served him drinks and went to help her mom. Seung Ho watched tv until Sohyun’s brother came home and the four had a lovely dinner at home.

 

At dinner, the conversation was friendly. Seung Ho asked Sohyun’s brother to help purchase the present for his sister. They also discussed the possible timing and places where it would be more possible for the two of them to shop. “I think i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter