032

My Lucky Strike

 

 

Eunbi wiped the make up away and stared at her reflection, she leaned against the sink and tied her hair in a loose ponytail.

She walked out of the bathroom and plopped down on the bed.

“They’re wondering where you hid yourself.”

She just wrapped herself with the covers; Jaehyun smiled and leaned against the doorframe.

“Your room is still the same.” She said as she sat up, he nodded and just walked in.

“Is something bothering you?” He asked as he sat down next to her, Eunbi shook her head and just picked up the remote control.

“Johnny asked me what my next move is,” She murmured as she stared at the device before pressing the red button, the TV screen switched on.

“And, I don’t know.” She finished and plopped down on the mattress.

“I mean, she’s out there, I’m aware of that. I’ve managed to fix all the mess she’s caused in HanShin, but,”

Jaehyun looked at her.

“It seems too…calm, like…why is she not..attacking back?” She stated.

Jaehyun exhaled and laid flat beside her.

“She wont be able to hurt you, Eunbi.” He said firmly.

“I know that, but, what if she targets Mark, you, Jennie, Johnny or~”

“Hey,” Jaehyun made her face him, she was frowning.

“If she tries to hurt anyone now, she knows it will be the end for her. So, I don’t think she will.” He kissed her nose.

Eunbi bit her lip before speaking.

“Can I can close my eyes for a bit? I feel tired. I’ll be off in an hour.” She murmured.

“Of course. Rest up.” He nodded and just pulled her to his chest.

"Hey, Jung?" She mumbled.

"Hmm?"

"Thanks for sticking around." She smiled before pressing her cheek against his chest.

"Of course." He whispered back and pressed his lips against her forehead briefly.

 

 

What if she does something crazy?Haechan said as they chose the bowling balls they were going to use.

“Crazy? Like what?” Jeno voiced out while lacing his shoes.

“I don’t know, she is crazy.” Haechan pointed out, Mark just looked around them, the bowling alley was pretty full.

“Then she must be really brave, going against noona. My sister’s very unstable now, and,”

“We don’t want Jaehyun hyung to get angry.” Jeno mused, Haechan smirked.

“Touch Eunbi and you lose everything.” Mark chuckled.

“Are you okay with that? Your sister getting back together with him.” Haechan asked as they walked towards the cashier to pay.

“Noona and hyung? Of course. Hyung knows how to deal with noona,” Mark stated as he picked up his shoes and placed them on the counter.

“They complement each other.” The youngest Lee finished.

“Imagine if it were Johnny hyung and Eunbi noona,” Jeno chuckled.

“What a mess it would be.”

 

 

“The car?” Mr. Lee asked as he picked up his phone.

“We still haven’t found it, sir. The news regarding Miss Na Jinhee will be released in a few minutes.”

The elder’s forehead creased and he exhaled.

“What about my children?”

“Director Lee is out with his friends, bowling. And the president is still at the Jung residence with her friends.”

“Good, guard them well. Call Lawyer Noh for me.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Ask him to come over at the house by tonight. I want this murder case of hers to be public and it should not affect HanShin or my children in anyway.”

“Yes, I will have someone pick him up, sir.”

Mr. Lee set his phone down and looked at the windows, his eyes landed on the newly reconstructed pool. It was restored to its old design; he shook his head and finished his whiskey.

 

 

“No, I didn’t go out with him!” Eunbi laughed as she popped another marshmallow in .

“You did, I saw you two at that coffee shop near the academy.” Jaehyun replied, Eunbi was on his back as they walked out of the house.

“You saw?”

“Jennie told me about it, so I grew curious.”

“Did you already like me back then?” She asked before feeding him the pink colored sweet.

“Kind of?” He teased, Eunbi grinned and slid down from his back.

“Why do you want to walk back home?” Jaehyun made a face at her as she skipped towards the black iron gates.

“Don’t you think it’s nice? We used to take long walks back in college.” She pointed out.

“Back when things were simpler.” She added.

Jaehyun waved his hand to the camera and the gates opened, Eunbi grinned.

“It’s not like things changed so much between us, well, we weren’t the best terms for the past two years, but it’s fine.” She shrugged.

“I missed you.” Jaehyun smiled before placing one hand on her back as they walked out of the property.

“Good to know that you suffered.” She laughed before handing him the bag of marshmallows.

“You never did outgrow this, huh?” He mused as he looked at the almost empty bag.

“What are we going to tell the elders? That we’re back together?”

“Eomma already knows, she’s happy and embarrassed for trying to set me up with Jisoo,”

Eunbi looked around them, the road was empty.

“Pinky never did have a chance, huh?” She smirked.

“Now’s not the time to be cheeky.” He mused, Eunbi hopped across the street, Jaehyun called her over.

“Stay in this side, bb.” He called.

“How about here?” She chuckled as she stood in the middle of the road.

“Eunbi~” Jaehyun was about to move to pull her back, but then it all happened so fast.

Strong bright lights suddenly reflected against Eunbi’s face and then a loud purr of a fast moving vehicle.

And then it hit her.

“Eunbi!” He yelled, but it was too late. He ran towards Eunbi who was lying flat on the ground, blood from her forehead was gushing out at an alarming rate.

“Lee Eunbi! Open your eyes!” He gathered her in his arms, he yanked his phone out of his jean pocket.

Jaehyun looked up as he dialed on his phone, he saw the black Rolls Royce careening away, and he didn’t miss the small HanShin logo on its bumper. And then he looked at Eunbi who was lying unconscious on his lap, he let out a shaky breath.

“It’s 119, what’s your emergency?”

 

 

 

His jaw clenched and unclenched before speaking on his phone.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++