010

My Lucky Strike

Mark stepped out from the lecture hall with Haechan.

“I’m a little worried, now that both of our noonas are in Seoul.” Haechan mused as they went down the steps.

“You’re correct, it brings back so many~”

They saw Jaehyun opening the door of his Audi R8, a familiar looking lady slid down.

“What’s hyung doing at school?” Haechan blinked before approaching them.

“Hyung!”

Jaehyun looked up and smiled at the younger male.

“Class is over?” He asked, Haechan bowed to Jisoo politely.

“How are you, noona?”

“What brings you here, hyung? Graduate studies?” Mark joined them.

“No, Jisoo has plans to pursue her graduate studies, and I told her why not try our school.”

“But, whoa, seeing you here in campus makes me remember so many things.” Haechan chuckled, Mark sent him a look.

“College memories?” Jisoo chimed.

“Aniyo, more of like hyung stopping noona before she tries to~”

A BMW i8 rolled in, Eunbi slid down from the car, she was talking on her phone as she walked forward, not really paying attention as she breezed in.

“Noo~”

“So? That’s all you got? I need more details, director.” She stated, she paused.

“Anyang? Gangwondo?” She echoed, she was about to pass by them when Jaehyun gently tugged on the strap of her purse, she instantly glanced left.

“Yes, I’ll call you back, thanks.” She said before ending the call.

“Ya, why are you here?” Eunbi blinked at him, before giving Mark and Haechan a hug.

“I was trying to look for a good graduate school, and I hear a lot of good things about SNU.” Jisoo stepped forward; Jaehyun dropped his hand from Eunbi’s purse.

“Yes, some of my older friends took their masters here.” Eunbi said.

“I saw your text, what did you want to talk about? Can we discuss it here instead? I still have to be in Myeongdong later.” She diverted her gaze towards Jaehyun.

“Sure, cafeteria then?” Jaehyun grinned.

“Chocolate mousse!” She mused.

“Noona, I’ll be in the library, call me when we’re leaving.” Mark waved at them, Haechan followed them.

“Jisoo-ssi, come join us.” Eunbi smiled at her.

“I…I think I’ll just head to the admin office, I have some things I need.” Jisoo quipped, Jaehyun nodded at her.

She watched as the two walked together, Eunbi was constantly chatting while Jaehyun nodded along, usually pointing out where she should walk on the pavement.

“An ex? She’s trying to win him back.” Jisoo shook her head before walking towards the building.

 

 

Eunbi was beaming as she looked at the chocolate mousse before her.

“I managed to contact the contractor Na Jinhee contacted, they still have some of the old materials from the old..design.”

Eunbi paused, he noticed how her forehead creased.

“Hey, it can be restored.” Jaehyun said, she picked up her spoon and took a bit of the mousse.

“Sitting in my office earlier, I just realized that I should have listened to you, and it makes me feel bad. I was too arrogant.”

“Hmm?” He asked as he took a big spoonful, which earned him a glare from her.

“Taking that internship, I mean, look now, appa’s marrying someone without telling me. The company…does seem to be in trouble because of her.”

“In trouble?”

“I have a stinking feeling that Nagini’s..stealing company funds and covering it up. From what I’ve heard, abeoji completely trusts her. It’s crazy.” She took another spoonful.

“How sure are you?” Jaehyun asked her, she took out her phone and pushed it towards him.

“Those are reports from HanShin Hotels and HanShin Malls.”

Jaehyun’s finger went across the screen, his brows rose.

“Fishy, huh?” She said as she took another spoonful.

“It does seem so,” He trailed off, then Eunbi caught sight of her reflection.

“Does this blazer make my s look flat?” She asked asked absentmindedly, she tried pushing them together.

“Eunbi, we’re in the cafeteria.” Jaehyun reminded her as he checked the file on her phone.

“I’m serious, look,” She stated, Jaehyun followed her gaze.

“What am I supposed to see?”

“My s, do they look flat?” She asked, Jaehyun looked away.

“Uhm, look here, agasshi. I’m not Jennie, it’s Jaehyun.” He smiled before finishing off the chocolate mousse.

“Ya!” She protested.

He chuckled and leaned back on his seat.

“But I’m digging your light hair. It’s the whole prince charming vibe. I love it.” She nodded as she opened the water bottle and pushed it towards him and checked her reflection again.

“Will you please let go of your s?” Jaehyun sighed. She chuckled before shrugging at him.

“Uhmm, excuse me, we’re here.” Mark cleared his throat, they both looked up, Jisoo was standing beside the younger Lee and she looked uncomfortable as hell.

“I---I’ll go..ahead, thank you for bringing me here.” Jisoo said before rushing to the doors.

“Sorry.” Eunbi mouthed, Jaehyun just took a sip from the water and left.

“Noona, really..you,” Mark shook his head and sat down on the chair Jaehyun had just vacated.

“Wae?” She whined before drinking some water.

“Look at you two, you’ve already broken up.”

“Look? At what? Did we make out? You grumpy eggbun.”

“Look,” Mark gestured towards the dessert they had just shared and the one spoon they used.

“Huh?”

“Did you two forget you’re already broken up? Even sharing water, might as well~”

“Stop it, stop it. I need to get to our Myeongdong branch, let’s have dinner there.”

“How about home?” He asked as he followed her out to the parking lot.

“Wae? Wanna have dinner with Na Jinhee?” She challenged.

“Hmm, good point.” Mark said before dashing towards the i8.

 

 

“Jaehyun-ssi, you’re confusing.”

Jaehyun bit his lip and glanced at the girl beside him.

“I know that our parents are just being…pushy, but must you let me see that?”

“It was nothing, Eunbi has always been like…she’s always been comfortable around me, it was nothing.”

Jisoo looked at her palms.

“And you’re the same around her too.” She said, Jaehyun didn’t have a choice but to nod.

“Four years was a long time, plus we were friends before all that happened.” Jaehyun said hesitantly.

“If this was going to be difficult for you, you could have just said so. It’s very awkward for me, you know. Our parents are forcing us to go around together, I still don’t know how to act around you and…Eunbi makes me feel like I’m…third wheeling.”

Jaehyun frowned.

“I’m sorry, if that made you uncomfortable, I’ll try not to change my schedules.” Jaehyun nodded and gave her a small smile.

 

 

Eunbi nodded along as the manager of their HanShin Hotel in Myeondong spoke to her.

“Then mostly Japanese and Chinese tourists?”

“Yes, director.”

“Ah, it’s because of the shopping strip. I almost forgot.” She smiled sheepishly.

“We’re really surprised when you said you’d drop by,”

Eunbi looked at her, confused.

“Why would you be? It’s only right I check on how things are and if there are any problems,”

“Ah, well yes, but the previous director, miss Na,”

They got inside the elevator, Mark followed in.

“She never really went here, most of the staff don’t even know what she looks like, but director,”

“Yes?”

“I hope you keep this between us, I know the president will be marrying her soon.”

Eunbi nodded.

“Don’t worry, I’m all about work. So, please, I ask for you guidance.” She replied, the doors opened, her phone vibrated.

“Give me a second,” She murmured before pulling away from the manager.

“Director, we already found it.”

“Her hometown?”

“Yes, and…the fact that she has different bank accounts in China and Hong Kong, and..something doesn’t add up.”

Eunbi exhaled and shook her head.

“Would you like us to investigate further, agasshi?”

“Aniyo, stop it, ahjussi. I’ll ask Johnny to take care of it. Your job may be put in danger, let me handle this. Thank you.”

“Yes, then I hope you enjoy your night.”

 

 

“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++