017

My Lucky Strike

Eunbi looked at the pool, it was still under construction, but she could already see its former shape and the tiles her mother had used.

“Noona, you wanted to talk?”

She looked up, Mark was approaching her.

Here, sit down.” She patted the space next to her, Mark sat down on the grass beside her.

What is it?

“Today, I visited…Jungkook’s father, he’s our~”

“I know, abeoji’s doctor.” Mark nodded.

“Mark, they’ve been visiting a fertility clinic.” She said softly, Mark grew stunned.

That’s…” He shuddered, hearing it again had that same disgusting effect.

“That’s what worries me…a lot.” She said as she looked at the pool again.

“They can’t get pregnant, Mark, I know how mean I sound, but let’s not be blind, we both know what she’s up to.”

Mark nodded and just took her hand in his.

But, noona, are you okay? You’re working and~

I’m fine, I just wanted explain everything, you’re the male heir.

Mark just leaned his head on her shoulder.

“Thank you, noona, for coming back and helping me deal with this. And I’m sorry, I should have told you about it sooner.”

It’s fine, eggbun.

“But, I saw the articles,”

“People just love bringing up the past, it’s…crazy.”

“But in the past..noona, you..” He trailed off, Eunbi looked at him.

“You were happier.” He finished.

“I am happy now, just really stressed out.” She shrugged, Mark bit his lip.

“What about Jaehyun hyung? Is there really no chance?” He asked quietly.

“He has Jisoo, Mark. I’m his past, I’m done.” She said before standing up.

 

 

Jennie was inside her brother’s room, bothering him when her phone suddenly rings.

“Noona, answer that.” Haechan said, she unthinkingly answered.

“He~”

“What’s happening? Why is someone poking around Eunbi?”

She suddenly sat up.

“Oppa?” She balked.

“Her father is getting married, and I hear she’s been causing a ruckus.”

“Well, she has to stop it, that woman is a snake.”

There was short pause from the other end.

“How did you know this, oppa?”

“I heard some disturbing things earlier,” He stated.

“Well, things haven’t been going so well for her lately, and today those rumors started.”

“I’ll see what I can do. Don’t get in to trouble you two.” He said before ending the call.

 

 

Eunbi walked in her room, she approached her bookshelves and noticed a small flash drive.

“I used this for school.” She murmured before reaching for her laptop and plugging it in.

Her eyes widened when a video started to play on the screen.

“We’re off for a school event, we hate it!” Jennie announced, it was a video taken on a GoPro camera.

“I’m stuck with them, help me!” Johnny chuckled, Eunbi was holding onto the camera, she saw herself appear briefly with Jaehyun on her left, clad in a black and white suit.

“How about you, Jung? How are you feeling?” Eunbi asked as the camera focused on Jaehyun. He smiled at the camera.

tumblr_okb6r5KFSA1v2g2obo1_400.gif

“I feel like we’ll end up leaving early and just going home for some Chinese takeout.” He mused, Eunbi chuckled, and then she leaned over to kiss him right where his dimples were. Jaehyun’s smile widened, Eunbi winked at the camera before pulling away from him.

Eunbi gasped and let go of the laptop, it slid down on the carpeted floor.

“No, nope, not today.” She murmured as she plucked out the flash drive and plopping down on her bed.

“Stupid laptop. Stupid flash drive. Stupid dimples.” She said darkly.

 

 

“What did you want to talk about?” Doyoung asked as their drinks arrived.

“Hyung,” Jaehyun spoke.

“I…I made a mistake.” He said.

“Huh?”

Jaehyun bit his lip and looked around them.

“I…Earlier…”

“It’s Eunbi, huh?”

Jaehyun blinked at him, Doyoung let out a breath before speaking.

“Between us friends, you’re usually the calm one, you always now what to do and how to fix things, but ever since she came back, it looks like you’ve been thrown off your tracks.”

“She’s the only girl who can rattle you like this, Jaehyun. We can see it.” Doyoung finished.

“I feel like…I don’t want the same thing to happen again, hyung. That time…was very..painful.”

Doyoung shook his head.

“And you feel conflicted because your parents have been trying to set you up with Jisoo.” He stated, Jaehyun nodded slowly.

“So, what do you want to do?” Doyoung asked.

“I…don’t know.” Jaehyun looked at his untouched glass.

“Do you want her back?”

“Hyung, I…keep on choosing her, up till now, I mean I know that I am just a friend to her, but somehow…its…always been her.” Jaehyun exhaled.

“Will it always be her?” Doyoung pressed.

 

 

 

Jaehyun just picked up his drink and finished it in one go.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++