004

My Lucky Strike

 

“Well?” Eunbi asked from behind the doors of her walk-in closet.

“Na Jinhee. Thirty years old. She has a house around Itaewon area.”

“Define house.” Eunbi said as she stepped out of the doors, the male sitting on her bed tilted his head at her.

“Too..formal.” Youngho said, she nodded and went back inside.

“A two floor apartment. She lives alone. I got nothing on her parents.” Johnny confirmed.

“Alone? Work?”

Youngho went back to his phone and then he grew amused.

“This?” She stepped out wearing a navy blue lamé dress that went just above her knees.

“Good.” Johnny nodded, she smirked and put on her a pair of Jimmy Choo stilettos and walked to him.

“Why are you smiling? Where does she work?”

“JBG.” The Samsung heir mused; she blinked and grabbed his phone.

“Jung Banking Group?” She murmured.

“You want more dirt on her? You have Jaehyun.”

“Don’t start. That was just lunch.” She stated as she picked out her Hermes clutch.

“I know, but it’s good you two are back to being friends.” He stated.

“So, anything else?” She asked again.

“Well, nothing really, just her high school, transcript of records from college.” He shrugged, Eunbi’s brows met.

“Ya, why not give her a chance? You might actually get along with her.”

“Whose side are you on again?” She looked at him, disturbed.

“Yours, forget that I said that. Can I go now?” Johnny asked.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow?”

“I’ll come by and pick you up.”

 

 

Mark leaned back on his seat and looked at the adults before them, they were inside Seoul Intercontinental Hotel’s famous dining hall.

“I saw her photos, she’s very beautiful, our Eunbi.” Na Jinhee smiled.

“Yes, she’s quite excited in meeting you too.” Mr. Lee nodded along, Mark blinked at his father.

Liar.

“I’ve always wanted to have a daughter you know, yeobo. Someone I can go on shopping trips with, or just~”

There was a quite murmur from the other tables, Mark looked up.

“Here she is.”

Lee Eunbi walked in with grace, her eyes scanned the room quickly, not forgetting to smile back at some of the familiar faces who greeted her.

“Noona,” Mark stood up and pulled the chair for her as she reached their table.

“Eunbi,” Mr. Lee smiled at his daughter, Jinhee stood up to greet her but Eunbi just sat down, not minding to look up.

Mark quickly sat down.

“Have you ordered? I don’t feel like having anything oily.” She said to Mark.

Yeah, I already took note of that. So, just the usual pan seared~

“Children,”

They both looked up, Jinhee was smiling at Eunbi.

“Eunbi, this Jinhee, my fiancé. Jinhee, this my eldest daughter~”

“Who is just a few years your junior, Lee Eunbi.” Eunbi nodded flatly, Mark just looked away.

“It’s great to finally meet you, Eunbi. I heard so much about you from your father.” Jinhee beamed at her, showing her teeth.

“Whoa, slow down there with the whitening, hunty.” Eunbi murmured, Mark almost choked on his water.

“Well, I can’t exactly say the same thing, I wasn’t even supposed to know you exist.” Eunbi chuckled heartily; her father sent her a look.

“What do you mean?” Jinhee looked at her fiancé briefly.

“Well, abeoji never told me anything about it. The engagement, the wedding, and of course, you.” Eunbi nodded, her light brown curls bounced on her shoulders.

“Oh, that!” Jinhee started to smile, Mark looked at his sister.

“We were supposed to surprise you, you know.” Jinhee nodded.

“I don’t see myself being surprised by this, really, horrified probably.” Eunbi replied bluntly.

“Ani, I mean your father wanted to tell you earlier but I told him since you were busy with your internship, we decided to come visit you after the wedding instead.”

The room grew eerily quiet.

“Huh.” Eunbi stated, her eyes went to her father.

“That was the plan, Eunbi-yah.” He said soothingly.

Oh no.” Mark murmured to himself.

“We had it all planned too, we would take Mark with us and~”

“You know what,” Eunbi started as she took her clutch.

“I suddenly don’t feel like eating.”

“Eunbi~”

Jinhee stopped, stunned.

“I should get going, excuse me.” Eunbi stated before standing up and storming out of the hall.

The two adults looked at the youngest Lee.

“Well, good luck, you angered the dragon.”

 

 

“S—Surprise?” Eunbi spat as she walked out of the elevator.

“After the wedding? So, they were never really going to tell me anything!”

She walked across the lobby with crossed her arms.

“But who suggested it? Her? Abeoji would never do this to me.” She murmured as she pushed past the doors.

“I cannot believe this~”

“Eunbi?”

She halted with a jolt and realized she almost bumped into a parked car, a Rolls Royce Phantom.

She looked up.

“Samchon,” She blinked as the Jung elder walked to her with a warm smile.

“Where are you going? It’s raining,” He warned her, she glanced around them, her brows furrowed.

“Abeoji, you’re~” Jaehyun halted.

“Samchon, my father’s getting married.” Eunbi stated.

“Yes, we all know. An exciting~”

“Aniyo I…He was going to get married without telling me…they even had it all planned out….They..they..” She trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

“Oh, Eunbi, I don’t think he intended to keep it from you, you’re his eldest child.”

“I—I—I’m sorry, samchon. I think I have to go. You guys enjoy your dinner.” Eunbi smiled politely and gave him a small bow.

“Wait, Eunbi, child!” The elder called after her as she ran to cross the street despite the rain, Jaehyun watched her and he exhaled.

“What was that?” He asked his son as they walked towards the doors.

“I…It’s best if we not meddle with it.” Jaehyun murmured.

“Do what you want, but she seems so shaken.” He said before walking ahead, Jaehyun chewed on his lip before calling his father's chauffeur.

“Ahjussi, you saw her? Eunbi?”

“Yes, she just ran out in the rain.” The man nodded.

“Can you follow her and make sure she goes home safe? I’ll drive father home myself.”

 

 

“Of course, young master.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++