015

My Lucky Strike

Jungkook watched as Jennie and Doyoung mulled over which set of silver cutleries to buy as a gift for their friend’s father’s engagement.

“Are you guys going to take long?” Jungkook asked as he decided to approach them.

“I want something that says, Eunbi hates you but we have little respect left for you so, congratulations.” Jennie murmured, Doyoung grinned.

“Oh, Jungkook-ssi, Doyoung-ssi.”

The three looked up, Jennie blinked at Jisoo.

“Are you out for some shopping, Jisoo-ssi?” Doyoung smiled amiably.

“Well, yes, my parents are arriving in a few days, so I need to fix our apartment a bit.”

“I thought you were living with the Jungs,” Jungkook asked, Jennie turned her gaze at him.

“She is?” Jennie whispered.

“I am, but my parents will be here for a week, so, I thought why not~”

“It is not!” A familiar voice made them look up.

“It is not appropriate for a party with a lot of elders in attendance, Eunbi.” Jaehyun argued, but he was laughing.

“Oh, god, this is going to be awkward.” Jungkook murmured.

 

 

“Does it look like I’m going to have fun at that party?” Eunbi rolled her eyes, but Jaehyun just tugged at her arm.

“Just not that, pick out something else.” He said in his usual calm tone, Eunbi had a black mini dress on; it showed so much of her back.

“Oh, you had that small butterfly tattoo removed?” Jaehyun paused, his hand hovered over her lower back briefly.

“Tramp stamp.” Eunbi chuckled.

“Don’t say that.” Jaehyun shook his head at her.

“Ya, you two, stop it. I’m about to be confused again.” Jennie spoke up, they both halted.

A smile appeared on Eunbi’s face.

“Jaehyun-ah,” Jisoo looked at him, her brows knitted together.

“Where were you guys?” Jungkook asked.

“Lunch. Jaehyun saved me from almost being slapped by a snake~”

“She tried to hurt you?!” Jennie screeched.

“Jennie~”

“Doyoung, we’re getting knives instead of those Tiffany and Co. cutleries. I want to stab~”

“Calm down, Kim Jennie.” Eunbi nudged her, then she paused and looked at Jaehyun and Jisoo, she winced and shook her head.

“But, it was just lunch,” Eunbi said and cleared , Doyoung blinked at her.

“I…Your secretary said you were busy, that’s why I didn’t call you, I mean, we did talk about having lunch and picking out furniture together~” Jisoo trailed off, she bit her lower lip.

“Jisoo, I’m sorry, I had to~”

Jisoo shook her head and walked away from them.

“I am still confused.” Jennie murmured.

“Go, she must feel bad, you jerk.” Eunbi said to him, Jaehyun’s forehead creased briefly.

“But, your car~”

“I’m going to be fine, I can catch a ride with Jennie.” She patted his hand.

“I’ll get going then, choose another dress.” Jaehyun touched her hair briefly before walking away. His brows were furrowed as he stepped away from the two.

“Why do you care so much if she feels bad?” Jaehyun murmured as he looked for Jisoo.

 

 

“Ya…that was dangerous.” Jennie said as they got inside her car, Eunbi puffed her cheeks.

“I know, I…I totally forgot about it.”

“What?” Jennie asked as she started the engine.

“Jisoo…she asked me to keep my distance.” She nodded.

“What?!” Jennie snapped. Eunbi blinked at her.

“I mean, I do understand why, trust me, I was stunned at first. A girl just told me to stay away from one of my closest friends, but given the kind of history we have, I get it. But..it’s a big change.” Eunbi fidgeted on her seat.

“Still, asking you to stay away, it’s not like you’re the one clinging to him.” Jennie said darkly as they reached the road.

“It’s fine, I’m just going to have adjust to it.”

Jennie glanced at her; Eunbi leaned back on her seat.

“Tell me honestly,” Jennie started.

“It’s difficult, huh?” She finished.

“Huh?” Eunbi looked up from her phone.

“Being back, having to deal with the Nagini issue and Jaehyun, the Jung Jaehyun.” Jennie said.

“Of course it is, I have a father who doesn’t listen to me, and is blinded by this woman, and I have an ex who’s also one of my best friends, and he’s still…the same, you know. That’s why sometimes I get…I forget how…we might be misunderstood.”

“So, what do you think? Should people misunderstand?” Jennie asked softly, Eunbi slowly shook her head.

“Ani, maybe I’m just used to having him around maybe that’s why things didn’t change…But now, I have to stay away, I don’t want to get in a fight with Pinky.”

Ughh, Pinky.” Jennie shuddered, Eunbi smiled and just looked at her fingers.

“Do you want him back?” The Kim heiress suddenly asked, Eunbi blinked at her.

“Ani, I’m not crazy.”

Jennie just smiled to herself.

“Of course.”

“But what if he wants you back? What will you do?” Jennie suddenly asked.

“Ani, he’s not that crazy.” Eunbi shook her head.

Of course.” Jennie nodded but she was still grinning as she pulled over in front of Jeon Medical Hospital.

 

 

“Jisoo, wait,” Jaehyun caught her by the arm.

“What? What else do you want?” She sighed when she faced him, Jaehyun frowned.

“I—I’m sorry, it’s just…I forgot that we had plans, and when I remembered I was already out with~”

“Eunbi, yes. It’s always her.” She said exasperatedly.

“It’s..not, I just..she’s been gone for quite a while, and she’s having a hard time with~”

“Don’t, just..don’t.” Jisoo shook her head.

“Can’t you see? Can’t you see how weird it is?” She asked.

“What do you mean?”

“She’s your ex-girlfriend, Jaehyun. And yet you’re out having lunch with her, going shopping with her and even rebuilding that pool for her.”

Jaehyun paused, his brows met briefly.

“At first, I thought it was just nothing, you know. But now,” She exhaled.

“Somehow, she always manages to pull you in, you’re drawn to her.” Jisoo stated.

“Jisoo~”

“Do you want her back?” Jisoo blurted, Jaehyun paused.

“If I do, she’d think I’m crazy.” He murmured and looked at his shoes.

“Just answer me, do you want her back?”

“Truthfully,” Jaehyun met her gaze evenly.

 

“I really want this whole arrangement to work, but I don’t want it to be unfair to you. Because I know, it will be. So, please don’t expect too much from me.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++