006

My Lucky Strike

“I got this.” Eunbi announced as she slid inside the car, Johnny looked at her dubiously.

“Files. From the company.”

“What did you find then?”

“She’s working for HanShin now, ever since she started dating my father, she transferred in. And this year, she moved inside our house.”

“Okay, cool.” Johnny said as he sped away from the Lee property.

“But, her position is quite high.” Eunbi stated flatly.

“Huh?”

“It’s my spot.”

“What?”

“The position abeoji gave to her, it was offered to me right after graduation but I refused, due to my internship but,” She hummed.

This woman named Nagini took it.”

“Nagini?”

“Na Jinhee, Nagini, it’s the same thing.” She shrugged.

“So, what do you plan to do?”

“I am going to take it back. And dig dirt on her.”

“You wont stop the party next week?”

“Oh, please, it’s just an engagement, no documents to be signed, just guests to be entertained.” She shrugged.

“And besides, I have a feeling like I might stay a little longer now.”

 

 

Jaehyun looked at the vehicle again.

“I think this would~”

“Hey, Jung!”

He looked up, Eunbi was making her way towards him, and she was wearing a black mini skirt with a green Gucci blouse tucked in.

“Johnny dropped me off, I have news for you.” She smiled at him.

“What is it?” He asked distractedly as he kneeled down to check the wheels and rims, Eunbi blinked and kneeled beside him too.

The sales representative smiled.

“I am going to work.” She whispered, Jaehyun blinked at her and pulled her up.

“You’re wearing a skirt.” He murmured.

“I am going to work. Oh! Is this it?” She noticed the car before them.

“Are two together? You’re very lucky, chairman, she’s very pretty.” The male commented.

“No, we were together, but yes, I am pretty and he’s very lucky I’m one of his friends.” Eunbi nodded, Jaehyun just shook his head.

“Y—yes?”

“How do you find this?” He gestured towards the BMW i8.

“Can they customize?” She asked.

“Yeah, military green?” He replied.

“Yup.” She nodded, Jaehyun faced the male again.

“We’ll take it, for customization, the body will be painted military green and~”

“I want it delivered at home.” She added quietly.

“You have nothing else to modify but just that.” He finished; Eunbi took out a couple of IDs and her credit card.

“What did you mean about going back to work?” Jaehyun asked as soon as the male left them.

“My spot got taken. I feel bad.” She murmured.

“Spot? At HanShin?”

“Oh, abeoji gave it to Nagini.”

“He gave it to Na Jinhee? But, you were supposed to take over after your internship.” Jaehyun had somehow understood her right away.

“Right, I have to find out if she was the one who asked for it, or appa simply just wanted her to have it.”

“Oh, Jaehyun-ssi!”

 

 

“J—Jaehyun-ssi?” Eunbi grew amused just as a girl dressed in a pale pink dress approached them.

“Jisoo,” Jaehyun smiled at her.

“Your mother made me come here, she said I would meet you up here.”

“You have plans?” Eunbi asked, the girl blinked and looked at her.

“Jisoo, this is Eunbi, a good friend of mine. Eunbi, say hi, this is Jisoo.”

“Hi. You were the girl they were talking about last~”

“Yeah, that was I. I’m guessing you’re the girl being matched to him.” Eunbi chuckled, Jisoo blushed shyly.

Eunbi balked.

“Y—ya, you talk to pinky here, I’ll go and settle the documents needed. Thanks for being here, Jung. I owe you big time. So go now, enjoy your date, bb.” She whispered.

“Bb?” He blinked at her, she just shooed him away.

“Just go. I just realized that ex-boyfriends usually don’t do this for ex-girlfriends, helping her buy a car.” She whispered conspiringly with one hand covering .

“But we’re both cool people.” Jaehyun teased.

“I’m not cool right now, I want to avada kedavra Nagini.”

Jaehyun just smiled and mussed her hair.

“Call me if something comes up, bb.” He said before leaving with Jisoo.

 

 

“I hate her.” Eunbi announced, Mark and Johnny looked at the girl. The three were at a posh coffee shop in Garusogil.

“Noona, be reasonable, abeoji will still marry her even if you~”

“I will make him choose.” She said as she leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

“Choose?” Johnny blinked.

“Eldest daughter or fiancé.” She raised one her shoulder and smiled sweetly.

“How will you do that?”

“I am going to work. HanShin Group has been waiting for a proper director, so,”

“You?” Mark balked.

“Did you know that appa gave her a job there? Guess which position?” She asked.

“…I..~”

“Mine. My position! I was supposed to be the in charge of three departments when I graduated, I asked him to wait for me and just let me finish my internship, but no! He gave it to this new of his!” She snapped.

“Eunbi, chill.” Johnny reached out to touch her arm.

“I wont let this happen. I am going to take my seat back. And put her where she belongs.”

“And exactly..where?” Johnny asked, like the best friend he was, he always did support Eunbi.

“Azkaban.” She chuckled.

“So, what role am I playing in this?” Mark asked.

“You’re the only son. You’re my biggest chess piece, because you know, gender roles, male heirs are more important.” She said in a blunt manner.

“She has a point.” Johnny nodded and took a sip from his Americano.

“Noona, I~”

“You will help your sister secure HanShin, and you will help me do a background check on that Jinhee and we will make her move out of the mansion, understand?”

“I’m in.” Johnny grinned, Mark just puffed his cheeks.

 

 

“Sir,”

The Lee elder looked up as his daughter strode inside his office with his secretary trailing behind him.

“Eunbi,” He smiled as he waved her over.

“Here.” She said as she set out an envelope before him, her father picked it up and paused.

“Yes, that’s my resume.” She nodded and crossed her arms.

“What does this mean, daughter?”

“You are getting one your wishes today, I am going to start working for you.”

A big smile appeared on his face.

“But, appa, I noticed something,”

“What? Is there something that you want?”

“The position you promised me, it’s not empty anymore.” She put on a small disappointed frown.

“Ah, that,” Her father paused.

“I am really confused now, appa.” She said softly.

“Eunbi, don’t worry, there’s another~”

“Aniyo. I want that position, since it was mine to begin with, please, give it back to me.” She replied and met his gaze.

“You came here to negotiate.” Her father blinked.

“Your genes.” She nodded with a grin. Her father shook her head, amused.

“What will I get in return then, my lovely daughter?”

“I’ll give Nagini~ Na Jinhee a chance.” She stated, her father smiled and stood up.

“And, you’ll come to our engagement party next week?” He added.

“Of course, uninvited or invited, I was planning to go.” She nodded and looked at the family picture on his desk.

“When will you start, Eunbi?”

“Tomorrow. Everything changes tomorrow. See you then, abeonim.” She kissed his cheek before walking out of his office, she smiled at the staff as she headed for the elevator, she got inside the machine and smirked.

 

 

“A chance? Over my dead body.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I double updated today! :>