027

My Lucky Strike

 

Mark stood inside his sister’s office, dazed and confused.

He was now a director of HanShin Group and his sister was president. He exhaled and looked around her.

It all happened so fast, why had his father done that? He knew the board can decide on whatever they want, but he didn’t even put up a fight.

The youngest Lee plopped down on the couch.

He looked up when his sister’s secretary stepped in the room.

“This just arrived from director Jung’s office.” He was carrying a white paperbag.

“Aren’t..they together?” Mark asked.

“Yes, the last time I checked they’re out for lunch together.” He replied as he took out a medium sized Styrofoam box.

What is that?” Mark muttered, he gently lifted the lid up, he blinked.

“It’s ice cream.” The secretary nodded, Mark just shook his head and put the lid back on.

 

 

Jaehyun walked in his office and took off his coat; he loosened his tie before walking towards his desk.

“I..asked you out for lunch, and yet you wanted to invite him over.” He said to himself as he stood by the windows, his brows met briefly.

“I really am unhealthy for you, huh?”

“My favorite headache.”

“I’m sorry I can’t give you an answer.”

Jaehyun exhaled and crossed his arms. His phone started to ring again, he glanced at it briefly before turning away.

“Sir, you asked me to~”

“The rumors? Find the source and cut them off.” Jaehyun spoke.

“Cut them off? But director, we can just negotiate~”

“Bringing up my past with Eunbi, starting new scandals about her, and you just want to negotiate?” His tone was soft and cold.

The male swallowed.

“Yes, then I’ll make the calls now.”

Jaehyun just nodded.

 

 

Eunbi ran one hand against her hair as the car pulled over in front of HanShin. One of the guards went down and opened the door for her; she glanced at the entrance doors. Reporters and other members of the media were already waiting for her.

She put one foot down and finally stepped out from the vehicle.

“President Lee, how do you feel about this sudden change?”

“Is it true you threatened the your father’s fiancé and told her to leave HanShin?”

“Did your father persuade to come back after the threats?”

Eunbi halted, her guards tensed around her.

“No, to be honest, I am just as surprised. I didn’t know the board would assign me to this post. But, regarding my father’s fiancé, please do not ask me about her. I don’t even like that woman, why would I know anything about her?” She smiled pleasantly.

“Thank you all for coming here, I hope I will be able to lead HanShin well.” She bowed politely before walking towards the sliding doors.

Eunbi’s fingers curled around the strap of her purse, she walked in the lobby and employees bowed as she passed by. She nodded back as they did and then she stepped inside the elevator, she took out her phone and started dialing again.

“Why isn’t he picking up?” She muttered as she stared at the screen. She wrapped her arms around herself, the doors opened.

“Noona!”

She smiled at Mark.

“I had no idea I was going to be promoted today. Can I have your hoodie?” She asked as she walked with him, Mark nodded and quickly took off his Supreme hoodie.

“What happened at that meeting?” She said as her secretary joined them. They arrived her office.

“It went so fast, noona. Suddenly, Na Jinhee was no longer director,” He explained as he fixed the sleeves of his shirt.

“And, director Song spoke, he said the board has voted you to the president. It was all due to abeoji’s relationship with her and the bad press she was getting.”

Eunbi sat down on her seat and exhaled.

“And what’s surprising is that…appa…he just…let it happen.”

“Huh?”

“He didn’t even try to reason out with the board, noona. Once the deicision was announced…he just..left.”

Eunbi was about to speak when she noticed the box on her table.

“What’s this?” She asked.

Oh, ice cream. Someone from Jaehyun hyung’s office dropped them off earlier.

Eunbi glanced at her phone again.

“Can I have some?” Mark asked as he picked up one of the plastic spoons.

“Yeah, sure, I’ll…I…”

He looked at his sister worriedly.

Noona, it’s going to be~”

“No, it’s not fine, Mark. It isn’t.” She said before leaving the room.

 

 

Johnny rushed out of his office as soon as he received the news. He phoned Eunbi twice, but the girl wasn’t picking up.

“Sir, where~”

“We need to be at HanShin. And call Jennie for me.” He said as before getting inside the car.

His secretary handed him his phone.

“It’s director Kim, sir.”

Johnny pressed the phone against his ear.

“What is it?”

“It’s Na Jinhee.”

“What are you saying?” Jennie asked.

“There’s a reason why she changed names, the police are looking for a Hong Jihye, and she used to live in that old address she wrote on her resume.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t know how she managed to escape them, but the police never knew how she looked like.”

“Johnny, you’re not making any sense.” Jennie said impatiently.

 

 

“Hong Jihye has been wanted for murder for almost six years now. She killed her first husband.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++