003

My Lucky Strike

 

“You will not believe what happened,” Eunbi started as they stepped out of the restaurant.

“I was actually out shopping then I received this email,” She muttered darkly.

“I just got my invitation last night.” Jaehyun offered.

“Well, good for you, Jung. I got a guest list.” She said flatly.

Jaehyun grew confused, but he gently grabbed the strap of her bag to steer her away from the passing cyclist.

“Appa’s secretary mistakenly sent it to me.”

“Wait, what?” Jaehyun paused.

“He never had plans to tell me, so I had to rush to the airport all barefaced and frazzled.”

He couldn’t help but smile.

“And now I’m worried, what if…what if he’s..you know, tricked.”

“Eunbi, I don’t think uncle is the type to get easily tricked.” He explained, as they turned left, she shook her head at him.

“I have a bad feeling about this, actually.” She said quietly, her eyes were on the stalls across the streets; he could see how her forehead furrowed as she tried to come up with something.

“Ya,” Jaehyun nudged at her.

“Long time no see, Bonnie.” He smiled at her, she chuckled before hugging him briefly.

“I forgot to do this.” She beamed at him, he shook his head.

“Now let’s eat.” Eunbi complained again, Jaehyun patiently nodded and gestured for her to climb the steps before them.

“You’re okay with having lunch with me, right? I mean, we are ex~”

“Eunbi, it’s fine. Just go inside.” Jaehyun said and gave her a slight push.

“I am really amazed at how patient a person can be.” She mused before pushing the glass doors.

 

 

“Dinner?” Mark paused and stared at the screen of his phone again before bringing it back to his ear.

“Yes, young master, the president has arranged it,”

He shook his head before sliding down from the car, he looked around and saw the restaurant.

“Okay, I’ll be there.”

“And, young master?”

“What is it?”

“With…Eunbi agasshi, can..can…you~”

Mark grew amused, some of his father’s staff were more terrified of Eunbi than their boss.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pass it on to her.” He chuckled before going inside the restaurant.

Then he paused when he saw whom his sister was dining with.

“Well…that brings back so many memories.” He mused before approaching them.

“Mark,” Jaehyun nodded as the male joined them.

“Are you two back together? Or did I miss something?” Mark teased as he sat down.

“Ani, but Jaehyun wishes we were.” Eunbi chuckled, Jaehyun rolled his eyes at her.

“So, why is your sister in a bad mood?” Jaehyun asked as the waiter arrived with the tab.

“Let me~”

Jaehyun just shook his head at her and took out his wallet, Eunbi pursed his lips at him, Mark grew amused. There was only one person who could undermine his sister without much effort.

“It’s on me. Welcome back to Seoul, Eunbi.”

“You make it sound as if I’m staying for long.” She mused.

“I have a bad feeling you will.” He chuckled then his phone started to ringing.

“Work?” Eunbi asked, he nodded.

“I’ll get going then, you two have fun.” Jaehyun slapped Mark’s shoulder before standing up.

“Thanks for lunch, Jung.”

“See you around, Bonnie.” Jaehyun grinned at her before leaving.

“You two really surprise, noona.”

“Hmm?” She asked as she finished her fruit shake.

“Not all ex-lovers are all so chill and conversational and would have lunch together, you know.” Mark said, Eunbi looked at the windows, Jaehyun slid inside his waiting Mercedes Benz SUV.

“You forget that we were friends first.”

 

 

“P—President,”

The elder looked up and met his secretary’s gaze.

“I’ve already made reservations for dinner later, but…”

“What is it?”

“The young miss doesn’t want it at that restaurant, but that place is miss Na’s favorite.”

The elder bit his lip.

“What should I do?”

Then his phone buzzed, he picked it up and found a message from his youngest.

Switch restaurants. Don’t go against her. Please. –Mark

“Fine, switch restaurants. I’ll call Jinhee myself.”

“Good choice, sir.” The secretary nodded before stepping out of the room.

“Wait,”

The male stopped and looked at his boss.

“I need help. I need help in dealing with my daughter.”

The male smiled and shook his head.

“Sadly, they already broke up. That one person who could…make her relax.”

The president of HanShin Group paused.

“Young master Jaehyun,”

“Ah, Jaehyun!” He nodded.

“He might be a little help, but they’re not together anymore.”

“Right, that young man, I applaud him.” The elder smiled, remembering the time when Eunbi dated the Jung heir.

“But sir, you should be worried too, Eunbi agasshi has contacted some of her old friends.”

“What?”

“You know what happens when she’s out to get what she wants. You have to prepare for this, president.” The secretary smiled.

“Right. This is part of raising up such a headstrong girl.”

 

 

Jaehyun started the car; he exhaled before stepping on the gas. His phone started to ring and he put it on speaker mode.

“Ya!”

“What is it?” He said, Jungkook was chukling from the other end.

“I was right, she’s back. That was Eunbi on that plane!”

“I know. We just had lunch together.”

“Whoa, progress!”

“Please stop trying to~”

“I am all for it, I mean come on, it’s Eunbi!”

“We’re just friends.” Jaehyun said calmly as he shifted gears.

“That’s what you said before you confessed to her years ago.”

Jaehyun wanted to end the call so bad.

“But, I feel like just before,” Jungkook started.

“You two will just get pulled back together. Well it’s usually you who gets pulled to her.” He chuckled, Jaehyun just shook his head.

 

 

“Your kind of headache, the HanShin heiress.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++