020

My Lucky Strike

“She was really angry. It was scary.” Johnny stated.

“It would have been worse if Jaehyun hyung wasn’t outside waiting for her.” Mark exhaled and leaned back on his seat, Doyoung paused.

Jisoo remained on her seat, her brows furrowed and champagne untouched.

“He was always the only one who could predict what she was going to do, thank god he’s here.” Jennie sighed.

“So, what happens now?” Jungkook asked.

“Noona might get kicked out of the company, with that thing she just did…” Mark exhaled, he looked around the room.

“What really happened?” Jennie asked.

“Eomma’s studio..Jinhee turned it into her…walk-in closet.” Mark looked at his palms, Johnny shook his head.

“Hyung, if noona…gets kicked out,” He trailed off, not knowing what to say.

“We have to protect her, you have to catch her fall.” Johnny said.

“What~”

There was loud murmur from the back; Jennie was the first one to stand up to look.

tumblr_osk7j6TLSb1shjla8o3_400.gif

Oh no.” Mark stated.

“They’re complete.” Doyoung was stunned, Jennie and Johnny were grinning at each other as they watched the male walk in the room.

 

 

Eunbi leaned back against the seat, Jaehyun glanced at her.

“I’m sorry for…letting you witness that.” She started; he just shook his head at her.

“Jaehyun-ah,”

He looked at her.

“I feel like…everything’s falling apart and there’s…absolutely nothing I can hold on to.” She said quietly.

“Things may not work your way now, Eunbi, but the truth…it will always come out.” He said softly, Eunbi glanced at him.

“You’re probably the only thing that isn’t falling apart for me.” She gave him a smile.

“I told you, if you needed help, I’m here.” He took her hand in his, Eunbi nodded.

“I’m probably going to be sacked for this.” She murmured.

“Your father can do that, but he can’t get rid of your hold of HanShin. And, I’ve already sent that audit team you asked for, give your secretary a call.”

“Jisoo’s so lucky then.” She commented, she pulled her hand away. Jaehyun looked away.

“If she’s being arranged to you, then, she’s so lucky.” She repeated.

“Truthfully,” Jaehyun started the car, Eunbi placed her hand over his arm.

“Let’s not do this.” She stated.

“What?”

“If we leave together, talk will start again, and you came with Jisoo. You can’t just take off and leave her.” She reasoned.

“Eunbi~”

“I can take care of myself.” She said with a small smile, and then she took off his coat off her shoulders.

“So, we should stop this. All this…hanging out together, getting lunch, even car rides, let’s stop this.”

Jaehyun didn’t know what to reply.

“It isn’t right, Jaehyun-ah, we’re not like that way we were before. And, people will misunderstand us. But, thank you, thank you for always being there for me. For being my anchor, but, this has to stop, Jung.”

“Eunbi~”

“Thank you, thank you for everything.” She leaned over to kiss his cheek before stepping down from the car.

 

 

“Oppa,” Jennie hummed and skipped to the male.

“Look at you, dressed in bright colors.” He blinked, Johnny was grinning as he walked towards them.

“Did you see that?” He asked, Kyungsoo nodded, he glanced at his guards and they stepped back.

“Oppa, you sounded a little bothered on the phone, did something happen?” Jennie asked, Mark was smiling as he approached the group.

“Hyung, how have you been?” The youngest Lee hugged the older male briefly.

“Good, but,” Kyungsoo paused.

“Something’s wrong, that woman is dangerous.”

“We know that~”

“Ani, she’s more dangerous than you think.” Kyungsoo murmured, Johnny’s brows rose.

“I heard some rumors that a lady of high status has been trying to hire a few hit men and goons.”

“What?” Jennie balked.

“So, I checked on it, it turns out,” Kyungsoo’s eyes went to Na Jinhee who was entertaining some guests.

“It’s her.”

 

 

“Who is that?” Jisoo asked, Jungkook followed her gaze.

“Kyungsoo hyung,” Doyoung spoke.

“Do Kyungsoo, son of Do Group, and a mafia prince.” He finished, Jisoo blinked.

“Hyung’s family owns almost half of Jeju and large parts of land inside and outside Seoul, they run a multi-billion dollar estate firm and that is just a front,” Jungkook explained, Jisoo glanced at Mark, he was talking with the newcomer.

“Mafia?”

“He also runs that side of their business, you could say, that hyung is a mafia prince. This time, Na Jinhee should really be worried. He’s here.”

“What did you mean when you said they were complete?” Jisoo asked.

“The four of them, Johnny, Jennie, Eunbi and him, all grew up in the same street. Their mansions were only a few acres away, so they ended up being playmates. And also,”

“The four of them are troublemakers. Na Jinhee will really suffer then, hyung himself appeared, that means something is up.”

 

 

“You can’t do this.”

Eunbi stopped; Jaehyun had stepped down from his car and was walking towards her.

“You can’t just tell me to step out of your life and kiss me goodbye as if it’s nothing.” Jaehyun spat, Eunbi shook her head.

“Jaehyun-ah, I~”

“I get it, Eunbi, you think you’re bad for me, because I’m being set up with Jisoo, but you’re not. You never will be.”

Eunbi looked away.

“Don’t..don’t push me away.” He finished. Eunbi’s brows furrowed.

“Jaehyun…this…” She exhaled and puffed her cheeks.

“I..I’m not going to use as being your friend an excuse.” He said bluntly, Eunbi halted.

“It’s true, you still drive me crazy, you’re my walking headache, you always manage to throw me off,” He trailed off, Eunbi looked away.

“So, don’t send me away. I don’t think I can put up with it any longer, making people think that I only see you as a friend, it drives me crazy.”

“Ya, Jung Jaehyun, you broke up with me.” She stated.

“I know, and I regret doing that. I always have. So, that’s why, I,” Jaehyun met her gaze evenly.

 

 

“I will woo you back.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++